coldme

did i mess up already let me know

ii got sleeved on dec 16 2013 a had a small piece of baked talapia on dec 30 and a few green beans had no prob getting it down i had no ill effect i heard of some folks moving to soft foods a week after surgery my dietician say i shouldn't be chewing any thing whAT do you think let me know is it to early to eat soft foods know my dietician is supposed to tell me that but i think they are a little over dramatic

I think it's best to stick as close to the program guidelines as you can, but every program has differences. For me, I was moved from stage to stage based on interviews with the dietitian and the surgeon. In other words, each stage's length was variable based on the individual. I did pretty well sticking to their rules, but was not 100% in compliance. My own personal test was whether the food sat well or not.

It MAY be a bit over-dramatic, but why risk it?  Stick to the plan.  The first phases will be over before you know it and you will be eating regular food again.

Think of this as more than a challenge for your head than them being "over dramatic."  They really have our best interest and safety in mind.

I think it's best to stick as close to the program guidelines as you can, but every program has differences. For me, I was moved from stage to stage based on interviews with the dietitian and the surgeon. In other words, each stage's length was variable based on the individual. I did pretty well sticking to their rules, but was not 100% in compliance. My own personal test was whether the food sat well or not.

i didn't have no problems i been researching and i don't think what i ate heart any

It MAY be a bit over-dramatic, but why risk it?  Stick to the plan.  The first phases will be over before you know it and you will be eating regular food again.

Think of this as more than a challenge for your head than them being "over dramatic."  They really have our best interest and safety in mind.

makes since okay

Personally I wouldn't want to risk busting my staples and exploding my sleeve all inside my stomach cavity.  But thats just me.  We are given guidelines for a reason - you are healing.  Give your sleeve time to heal, please. 

My advice is to stick with the program. It's just not worth the risk. Although you prolly didn't mess anything up, your job is to go by the NUT's guidelines. Don't talk yourself into being OK with cheating.

Why not try following the recommendations of the professionals now and stick as close to their plan as you possibly can. Challenge yourself to do it right this time! It has to work better than your plan. You tried it your way and wound up at 652 lbs., so that obviously didn't work.The sooner you start bending the rules, the sooner you will once again lose control and you don't want to go there! This is the opportunity of a lifetime---don't blow it. Take good care of yourself.

You got fat on your own, how about listening to the people that are showing you how to get rid of the fat now, instead?