Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

5,083 posts in this topic

I just noticed that my stomach no longer sticks out past my bewbs! HOLY CRAP! When did that happen? I'm giddy!

LOL. you know I just had to look!  Mine doesn't either!  Congrats!

I have two.  I just sent a picture text to my husband that said, "Holy crap balls!  Do you see this?  I haven't been able to do this in 20 years!!" I'd crossed my legs (lady style).  I wouldn't do it in public because it isn't terribly comfortable yet, but I did it.

I was in the bathroom and had my foot on a stool doing my toes.  I glanced down and realized my thigh was 1/3 of what it used to be...I nearly cried.  Yes, there was some saggy skin underneath, but I couldn't see it, so it doesn't count!!  I showed DH, and realized that his thighs are actually bigger than mine (he is average weight).  I think this is the first time I have a body part that is smaller than his.  Even our feet and hands are the same size.

Julie-R, Carrie2.0, Big Papa and 1 other like this

Last night I went to the gym for the first time in over a month (I know, I'm supposed to go a few days a week, but life has a way of getting in the way).  Anyway, I was walking on the treadmill and kept upping my speed and decided I would try a little running.  I managed to run at my fastest pace ever and I got in 1.75 miles before I had to convince myself I could get to the 2 mile mark. Before I ran a heck of a lot slower, and at about 0.25 miles I was encouraging myself to just get to the next quarter mile before I stopped.  I didn't feel like it was a struggle to run, it went by a lot quicker than it did when I was bigger and I found myself actually enjoying it.  I am looking forward to getting back there tomorrow and doing it again!  Gonna start looking for a 5K this spring to set as a goal. 

Editing to add that this is my favorite thread on this board.  Each time I read one of your NSV's I get a huge smile on my face and feel such pure joy for each and every one of you. 

Edited by CarrieT

Getting some decaf coffee the other day, a friend I do not see often said "you have lost a lot weight." As we started talking she mentioned she had GBP with my same group just over two years ago....wow! Have a resource just down the hall way at work woohoo!

My NSV happen while i was in the hospital this week. Everyone in ICU apparently was talking about my 118 pound weight loss from RNY. I had two surgeons tell me that i've done JUST AMAZING. That they have seen many patients, gain weight back quickly or flat out not follow orders. They said by looking at me now " If they hadn't known" they never realized i was that much over weight before. Said my skin looked beautiful for someone who lost an entire other person weight wise. It felt good hearing everyones praise, and not hearing...YOU'RE TOO SKINNY...PUT SOME WEIGHT BACK ON. I do have loose skin. I did not escape that torment. However it's on the top back of my legs and crook of my arms. Isn't too bad, but i am self conscious in a swim suit. Oh well...nothing gonna stop me from playing at the pool or beach in one LOL. I'm proud of me and could care less about extra skin. My health means far more to me than looks. 

My NSV happen while i was in the hospital this week. Everyone in ICU apparently was talking about my 118 pound weight loss from RNY. I had two surgeons tell me that i've done JUST AMAZING. That they have seen many patients, gain weight back quickly or flat out not follow orders. They said by looking at me now " If they hadn't known" they never realized i was that much over weight before. Said my skin looked beautiful for someone who lost an entire other person weight wise. It felt good hearing everyones praise, and not hearing...YOU'RE TOO SKINNY...PUT SOME WEIGHT BACK ON. I do have loose skin. I did not escape that torment. However it's on the top back of my legs and crook of my arms. Isn't too bad, but i am self conscious in a swim suit. Oh well...nothing gonna stop me from playing at the pool or beach in one LOL. I'm proud of me and could care less about extra skin. My health means far more to me than looks. 

Hope you are starting to feel better after all you have been through this week.  Thinking of you.

Julie-R likes this

Hope you are starting to feel better after all you have been through this week.  Thinking of you.

Thank you hon. I am getting better every day. Still have swelling,pain and awful nausea. The nausea is the worst, as the pain isn't bad and swelling going down a lot. My incisions look nice and clean. I see the doctor next Tues for check up. So how did your booby surgery go??? LOL where is a nice new pic? I don't mean anything x rated Ha! Just some nice before and afters be cool. I get some of my debt paid off, which take a couple years. I plan to get my boobs done. The girls are tiny empty socks now. 

I was a speaker on a panel at work yesterday. We all sat in folding chairs right next to each other as the room was packed and there wasn't a table in front of us. I sat in my chair and my chub didn't touch either person I was sitting next to! I was able to participate and NOT feel totally self conscious about being fat!

I'm going on a cruise in March and decided that I need a "little" black dress, I ordered a medium!! Awesome!!

Thank you hon. I am getting better every day. Still have swelling,pain and awful nausea. The nausea is the worst, as the pain isn't bad and swelling going down a lot. My incisions look nice and clean. I see the doctor next Tues for check up. So how did your booby surgery go??? LOL where is a nice new pic? I don't mean anything x rated Ha! Just some nice before and afters be cool. I get some of my debt paid off, which take a couple years. I plan to get my boobs done. The girls are tiny empty socks now. 

LOL!  Surgery went well, thankfully.  Much more painful than I expected but I am over the worst of it.  Monday will be three weeks, and I see my surgeon for a check up this afternoon.  Very happy with the results :).  Still swollen in certain areas and holding onto this freaking five pounds that miraculously showed up from the surgery.  Once I am a bit more healed I may get up the nerve to post some pics...

So glad to hear that your pain is subsiding, but nausea can be so depressing.  I hope each day gets a little better and easier for you.  Take it easy and give yourself time to rest and recover as needed.  I have had to learn that certain things can wait, which is not my personality.  Sounds like your husband has been a great source of help and support through the whole ordeal.  Will keep you in my thoughts as you heal. 

Julie-R likes this

My NSV this week was seeing my uncle for the first time since about July- he did a double- take and proceeded to go nuts over my haircut! I think he was trying to figure out what was so different. My sister told me that at dinner he asked her if I'd lost weight :)

Carrie2.0, Julie-R, Jolls and 3 others like this

We took our boys to the circus at a very large arena tonight.  75 lbs ago I would not have been able to do this.  We walked several blocks and several flights of stairs, and I would have just not even tried before.  Never had to sit down to rest, and actually went out to walk around during intermission because I am not used to sitting for long periods of time.  So happy to be active with my family!

Well this is actually a scale victory - but I'm posting it anyway.

Somehow, some reason - I lost 3lbs this weekend.  Which now means I have lost 200lbs !!  (in like a year & 1/2, not since surgery only)   That just blows my mind.  Seriously.  I can't even comprehend this and I'm sitting in it!

Edited by Jolls

That is PHENOMENAL!  I can't wait until I get to that point as well.  You must be so thrilled!!

Somehow, some reason - I lost 3lbs this weekend.  Which now means I have lost 200lbs !!  (in like a year & 1/2, not since surgery only)   That just blows my mind.  Seriously.  I can't even comprehend this and I'm sitting in it!

Congrats Jolls!  Well deserved :)

Natybug98 likes this

My 18 year old son told me that my boobs stick out further than my belly now. His odd way of saying that he has noticed that I'm losing weight.

Ran to Penneys today to pick up a swimsuit order for my daughter and found a dress for my cruise in April.  I tried on a 14 and it was too big, there was no 12, so I tried a size 10.  It didn't zip all the way up, but the fact that I got it on was good enough for me, so I bought it.  Plus, it was only $7 and I figure I have 3 months to get into it. :P

I walked/jogged a total of 9 miles over the weekend (over all 3 days not all at once). And I improved my 5k time by 3 minutes. My legs are killing me today but I feel so strong for being able to do it.

Not sure if this counts... but t did anyone else have the automatic habit of stretching their shirts before putting them on? I know i did. Didn't matter if it was a t-shirt or a sweater it got a pull and a few tugs around the belly.

I just noticed today I haven't been doing that as often. Infact I can't remember the time I put on a shirt and felt the need for more room. Small victories :)

Does getting hit on by not one but TWO guys at the gym tonight count as a NSV?   :D  :D  :D  I was working out tonight on the weight machines and had two different guys strike up conversations with me.  I am not wearing my wedding ring and mother's ring right now because they are at the jeweler's being resized.  I told my hubby he needs to keep a tight leash on me now.  He said that he will come to the gym and stand next to me and growl at anyone coming by...LOL!!!!!

While I was on the ellipitcal tonight, I noticed that the only part of my legs still kinda rubbing together were just the very top part of my thighs.  When I first started exercising last June, my legs rubbed together all the way past my knees.  

Hey Jolls...I got 2 more lbs and I will be there with you at the 200 lbs lost mark!!!  Coming to get you my friend!

Dees, got the sz 14 Old Navy jeans on, but not quite zipped, damn it!  

Does getting hit on by not one but TWO guys at the gym tonight count as a NSV?   :D  :D  :D  I was working out tonight on the weight machines and had two different guys strike up conversations with me.  I am not wearing my wedding ring and mother's ring right now because they are at the jeweler's being resized.  I told my hubby he needs to keep a tight leash on me now.  He said that he will come to the gym and stand next to me and growl at anyone coming by...LOL!!!!!

While I was on the ellipitcal tonight, I noticed that the only part of my legs still kinda rubbing together were just the very top part of my thighs.  When I first started exercising last June, my legs rubbed together all the way past my knees.  

Hey Jolls...I got 2 more lbs and I will be there with you at the 200 lbs lost mark!!!  Coming to get you my friend!

Dees, got the sz 14 Old Navy jeans on, but not quite zipped, damn it!  

Wish my body has shrunk like yours has though.  Still in 20s....still touch everywhere....still look much larger then my weight suggests.  Stupid inches!!  MOOOOOOOOOVE

Put on a pretty red and black wool plaid skirt I bought in November at the Eddie Bauer outlet to wear for the very first time to work on Christmas day (yep yesterday, and yes, I worked) and it was just too big. I have to return it - I'm kinda sad, but really happy too!

Returned the skirt today, ended up buying a pair of size 6 pants - I was shocked. I slipped on a pair of 4's but they were a little too snug for my conservative office. I would need to drop another 5-7 pounds to comfortably wear those size 4 pants, but I really don't want to lose more. 

Walking out of the dressing room in the 6's was like my red carpet moment, it was amazing. I have never worn anything so small. My honey picked out a few blouses for me as well - one a size medium and one a size small (yes a small) 

I feel downright skinny today :)

Edited by ✿ Aprilwine ✿

:lol:  :lol: Congrats!! 

My NSV from late last week is (and I already posted about it, but oh well) that I can wear my wedding rings again! They're now comfortably snug, just how they should fit. 

My NSV last night I took my first bath since my sleeve. The bath water not only covered my legs but it covered my belly and chest. A total first for me!!

Molly January, Jolls and Carrie2.0 like this