Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

5,095 posts in this topic

Just got back from vacation and am healing nicely from surgery (2 weeks), so no longer wearing yoga pants and pajamas.  I decided to go shopping in my closet and came to find out that I no longer fit in half my clothes.  I'm down 25 pounds and 2 sizes, so back to my "smaller" clothes.  I bet I'll be too small for them in a month.  

Great job!  So exciting!

I ran into some co-workers this morning that I hadn't seen in a month. One girl said she didn't think I was the same person... very nice!

We got some snow here in NY.  I didn't have to pay someone to shovel out my car.  I was able to do it myself and count it has some exercise. 

Mirtl, LittleRed, Jolls and 3 others like this

We got some snow here in NY.  I didn't have to pay someone to shovel out my car.  I was able to do it myself and count it has some exercise. 

I REALLY REALLY want to hit "like" on this but, with the upcoming "Snowmageddon" (LOL), I'm afraid to like ANYTHING having to do with snow. ; )

Eric

I'm comfortably wearing a bra that was too small three weeks ago and I put on a shirt that I haven't worn since 2007 because of weight gain. 

I should be able to get my wedding band on by next week at the rate I'm losing. THAT makes me super happy. When my hands had swelling because of RA, I took my rings off (barely, almost had to get it cut off) and haven't been able to get them back on. I've been able to get my engagement ring on my right hand, but not my left (until last week). :)

I'm listing a few here because I'm stalling a bit and need the encouragement.

1. My husband called me "tiny". :)

2. My son's arms wrap almost all around me. :)

3. I've lost 3 inches on my waist since I measured a few weeks ago.

4. I'm able to do so much more, from simply personal hygiene to walking 30 minutes without being winded.

5. I don't have a handicap sticker on my van because I don't NEED one!

6. I can fit in a booth.

Kim M, Carrie2.0, Julie-R and 5 others like this

I REALLY REALLY want to hit "like" on this but, with the upcoming "Snowmageddon" (LOL), I'm afraid to like ANYTHING having to do with snow. ; )

Eric

Living in NY I cannot complain about the snow.  I really feel for all of you living in the midwest and north eastern part of the country. Stay safe and Spring is 3 months away.  

Mirtl and Carrie2.0 like this

I can fit both legs in ONE leg of my "fat pants."

Trying to post a pic, but I have trouble with that on this site sometimes!

Been saving this little size 18 "little black dress" for when I could fit it. I remembered it last Friday night and dragged it out of the back of my closet. I paid almost $300 for that dress. It still has the tag on it.

...it's too big.

Damn it. I shot right past it. So some lucky duck at Goodwill is gonna get a good find. I dropped it off Saturday on my way to work.

My second one: I went into Hardings on the way home Saturday after going to work and then getting my hair done. I walked through the store with my 50 lb purse over one shoulder (it's a handbag but I can wear it over my shoulder, even with a heavy coat on!) and I walked through Hardings without a cart, just one of the little plastic hand carrier things, basket thing. And didn't get tired or out of breath

I must have done this a dozen times by now but it still amazes me I can do this without hurting or feeling unwieldy. :)

Oh!

I bought a bunch of tops for my Bahamas trip some 6-7 years ago. I bought them online, on sale, in the fall ( summer wear at 75% off). But by the time Bahamas time rolled around in Jan I had gained too much weight. I think that's when my thyroid started to go wonky.

So I pulled those tops out while pre-packing for my vacation in 2 more weeks this weekend. They all fit now. Some are too big but some are just right. I have to wear a cute little bra with them. They are the cutest tops. One has pineapples and coconuts on it with an orange background and it's a strappy top. Reminds me of 70's wear. I just think it's so dang cute! And I have this soft brown frilly tank top number with strappie shoulders too.

So happy I can wear these and get at least some use out of them. So fun to wear things I wouldn't normally wear!

One more--I accidentally pulled a pair of my daughters size 14 old navy jeans out of the laundry basket the other day. I was bleary eyed in the morning. They FIT. They were tight but I got them up and got them buttoned. What's the world coming to,..holy crap I got a pair of 14's on this sorry, saggy behind!

Holy crap!!

This past week, I invested in snow boots (serious ones for hiking - Columbia) and hiking boots. And they are NOT WIDE WIDTH anymore!!!! And both were half price. Whoo hoo!

okay, i finally have one but it's silly.  It's been a while since I've had a good one.

I work at the hospital and wear street clothes to work.  I walked past this gorgeous surgeon  and as I turned around to look at him (hey, I'm human) he had turned around to look at me.  Smiles were exchanged and my day was made!  No clue who he is, but grateful for him!  :P:D:lol:

GAviv, CeCeJD, Stephtay and 17 others like this

We had a visitor at the office today-he works in another state, and I hadn't seen him in several weeks-he said:

I hope you don't take this the wrong way-but you've lost a LOT of weight!  

<_<

weezer1, labosco, Jolls and 5 others like this

One more- I had to put on a belt with my leggings today so they wouldn't fall down in public! The waist is way big. They still fit everywhere else, so I refuse to retire them just yet.

I can now zip up my jeans without sucking it in and being uncomfortable all day. I should have gone up a size about a year pre-op, but I refused to do it.

my nsv is taking a bath. my legs didn't touch the side and they were covered with water  :)

Edited by Shawnaw8246
klm43, Carrie2.0, SRB527 and 6 others like this

Today at work two people said I looked "tiny". ME?! tiny?!! I wanted to cry. Amazing.

Julie-R, Carrie2.0, Stephtay and 1 other like this

One more--I accidentally pulled a pair of my daughters size 14 old navy jeans out of the laundry basket the other day. I was bleary eyed in the morning. They FIT. They were tight but I got them up and got them buttoned. What's the world coming to,..holy crap I got a pair of 14's on this sorry, saggy behind!

Holy crap!!

Dees, I am coming after you and those sz 14 Old Navy jeans!  I can comfortably wear sz 16's and my 18's are officially too big!   :D  :D

Here's mine from last week:

• I can now zip up my tall boots that I bought in October!!  YAY!  Can't wait to wear them, but it's been so dang cold to wear leggings or dresses right now.
  • I now sit in my chair at work with my right foot under my butt.  Haven't done that since I was a kid.  I can do that in my recliner at home and pull my left leg up far enough that my knee will touch my chin and I am not uncomfortable at all.
  • The coworkers that used to run me down into the ground while walking to a meeting are now complaining that I walk way too fast for them!
Dees and Carrie2.0 like this

I've got two.

Well, Snowmageddon hit the midwest Saturday night.
I'm about 30 miles south of St. Louis (Festus, for those who know the area) and we got about 12 to 12.5 inches of snow.
At about 8 inches in, the wife an I took the kids (6 and 15) out to play in it.

I got bundeld up... a t-shirt with a button-down shirt over that, then one of my wife's oversized hoodies (that I couldn't have worn 3 months ago) and ON TOP OF THAT, my 4x Carhart coat. Prior to surgery, that Carhart coat fit me SNUGLY. When I was dressed, I put my hands in the Carhart's pockets and pulled the front of the coat forward... I could see the floor through the open space... IT WAS STILL BIG ON ME!!!

When we got outside, the 15 yr old daughter decided she wanted to shovel the enderly neighbor's driveway (They are good to the kids, and she's a good kid like that). About 15 minutes into it, I could see she was having a rough time. I went over and we shoveled it together.
When we were done, she was exhausted and went inside... Then I shoveled our own driveway on my own.

It wasn't until the end that I got tired. Granted, I'm a bit sore today from overdoing it, but it's more than I could've done pre-surgery... I was out there shoveling for about 3 to 3.5 hours. The wife kept yelling at me to come in & not overexert myself & I kept yelling back that I'd come in when I was done or tired, whichever came first.

"Done" came first.

Eric

I've got two.

Well, Snowmageddon hit the midwest Saturday night.

I'm about 30 miles south of St. Louis (Festus, for those who know the area) and we got about 12 to 12.5 inches of snow.

At about 8 inches in, the wife an I took the kids (6 and 15) out to play in it.

I got bundeld up... a t-shirt with a button-down shirt over that, then one of my wife's oversized hoodies (that I couldn't have worn 3 months ago) and ON TOP OF THAT, my 4x Carhart coat. Prior to surgery, that Carhart coat fit me SNUGLY. When I was dressed, I put my hands in the Carhart's pockets and pulled the front of the coat forward... I could see the floor through the open space... IT WAS STILL BIG ON ME!!!

When we got outside, the 15 yr old daughter decided she wanted to shovel the enderly neighbor's driveway (They are good to the kids, and she's a good kid like that). About 15 minutes into it, I could see she was having a rough time. I went over and we shoveled it together.

When we were done, she was exhausted and went inside... Then I shoveled our own driveway on my own.

It wasn't until the end that I got tired. Granted, I'm a bit sore today from overdoing it, but it's more than I could've done pre-surgery... I was out there shoveling for about 3 to 3.5 hours. The wife kept yelling at me to come in & not overexert myself & I kept yelling back that I'd come in when I was done or tired, whichever came first.

"Done" came first.

Eric

Isn't it rather amazing how that "energy" sort of crept up on you?  I don't know about anyone else but I don't "feel" how I think some one with energy feels like.  I don't even know how to explain that or how I think someone with energy feels like....I just know I don't feel how I thought I should.  I do know that I have it though.   I used to take 2 days to (push) mow my lawn or at least spread it out over an entire day taking breaks after each little section.  Now I mow it all in about 40 min....and then I rake it afterwards too...with no breaks.  Just this Sunday dealing with snow I spend about 45 min snowblowing and when I was done I went over the entire thing again with a shovel (cause you know snowblowers do not sweep utterly "clean") and then I shoveled out the garbage can for my alley so you don't have to stand on a giant pile to throw your trash in and then I walked around the block (half block really) to my front gate and shoveled that out cause the snowplow buried it and I couldn't open it from the inside.  I spent 1 hr 40 min working non stop....  it is flippin amazing.  I can still hardly even believe it.

Ok-I must really be looking different now!  A lady I work with commented today-you've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?

Feeling so glad that it finally is starting to show to people who see me every day.

I really want to be able to tell her what I did, because she is quite overweight- and could probably benefit from WLS, but I'm keeping with the "my business" plan. 

Carrie2.0, Julie-R and rxmom2007 like this

I just noticed that my stomach no longer sticks out past my bewbs! HOLY CRAP! When did that happen? I'm giddy!

Carrie2.0, marciewoo, Jolls and 1 other like this

Dees, I am coming after you and those sz 14 Old Navy jeans!  I can comfortably wear sz 16's and my 18's are officially too big!   :D  :D

Come get me!  :D :D  We'll be size 14 twins!

rxmom2007 and Julie-R like this

I just noticed that my stomach no longer sticks out past my bewbs! HOLY CRAP! When did that happen? I'm giddy!

I was just commenting the other day to a friend that I am eagerly still waiting for this!!!  I want this so bad!!

Come get me!  :D :D  We'll be size 14 twins!

They didn't quite fit tonight, but my size 16 khaki pants fit from Old Navy and I usually wear one size bigger in those than the jeans.  

Carrie2.0 likes this