Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

5,374 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Wow, girl!!! You, as my son would say, NAILED IT!!! I'm so happy for and proud of you!! You must feel fantastic...you sure LOOK fantastic!! Yay you!! :wub:

@Trish1967 Aw, shucks! Thanks girl!!

On 9/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, Aussie H said:

You look absolutely stunning NerdyLady!!!!!

Thanks @Aussie H:D How are you feeling??

1 hour ago, NerdyLady said:

Thanks @Aussie H:D How are you feeling??

I'm going home tomorrow. For that reason alone Im a happy camper right now.

Yesterday I wore a top to work that I haven't felt comfortable in since I wore it 4+ years ago when I put it on to interview for this job. Not only have I received a significant promotion since then, I felt so much more comfortable in the top, it fit better and I didn't feel the need to hide it under a sweater or jacket. :D I never thought life could get so much better when I first interviewed here. And it continues to get better!

LeeC, Stephtay, Cheesehead and 6 others like this

9 hours ago, Aussie H said:

I'm going home tomorrow. For that reason alone Im a happy camper right now.

Woot! I bet your front door will make your heart sing. Safe travels! 

Trish13 and Aussie H like this

5 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Yesterday I wore a top to work that I haven't felt comfortable in since I wore it 4+ years ago when I put it on to interview for this job. Not only have I received a significant promotion since then, I felt so much more comfortable in the top, it fit better and I didn't feel the need to hide it under a sweater or jacket. :D I never thought life could get so much better when I first interviewed here. And it continues to get better!

Hooray! I looked at your stats and see that you are only a few pounds away from your next milestone! Woo hooooo!!!

CurvyMermaid, Jen581791 and Trish13 like this

I'm sure you're looking forward to being in the comfort of your own surroundings Aussie H.  Have a safe trip.

Aussie H, Trish13 and NerdyLady like this

18 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Hooray! I looked at your stats and see that you are only a few pounds away from your next milestone! Woo hooooo!!!

Awwww, thanks for noticing @NerdyLady:wub: 

NerdyLady likes this

On 9/7/2017 at 11:17 PM, NerdyLady said:

@Cheesehead I didn't realize this part of your story. Huzzah to you! Putting diabetes in remission tastes delicious! 

If you don't mind sharing, how is the health of your children? Going to the doctor with "elderly maternal pregnancy" meant that I was at the doctor several times a week. I'm not worried about my daughter's health but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't wonder if my diabetes passed along long term health concerns. 

I have 5 grown "kids".  (Ages 25-30).  My number 2 daughter is extremely overweight (my guess is 275 or more?). She is pre diabetic with back problems.  Last night at a bonfire she asked if this was what I had-blue cross blue shield was up on her phone with Gastric bypass.  My birth mother was diagnosed in her 60's as diabetic so it hit me earlier (I was mid 30's). And seems to be hitting my daughter earlier yet; she is 29.  The other 4 seem ok.  But they aren't as heavy.  

I really wish my pcp had told me about bypass putting diabetes into remission sooner.  I have issues with Charcot joint in my ankles-that will not get better but having the weight off helps..

A nice NSV for living in a hot, humid place: in the last couple of weeks, I have discovered that when wearing a dress or skirt, I don't have to wear spanx or whatever stretchy shorts things under them to avoid thigh chafing. No more thigh chafing, even on hot days. This makes life so much better: nothing worse than having to pull on a pair of spanx under your skirt when it's 100 degrees (that's 38 for you C people) and high humidity. I swear it increases my body temperature by 50% when I have to do that. No more! Sweet freedom! 

Trish13, NerdyLady, TammyP and 6 others like this

That's an awesome NSC, @Jen581791! Wow! Life-changing!

NerdyLady likes this

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

A nice NSV for living in a hot, humid place: in the last couple of weeks, I have discovered that when wearing a dress or skirt, I don't have to wear spanx or whatever stretchy shorts things under them to avoid thigh chafing. No more thigh chafing, even on hot days. This makes life so much better: nothing worse than having to pull on a pair of spanx under your skirt when it's 100 degrees (that's 38 for you C people) and high humidity. I swear it increases my body temperature by 50% when I have to do that. No more! Sweet freedom! 

Oh, Jen, not only is this a great NSV, I just got  re: your hidden NSV! now I get it! You realized you were going to freeze to death with your weight loss  - weren't you living in the Frigid North? - and so you MOVED TO OMAN. And so your hidden NSV is revealed: YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FREEZE TO DEATH THIS WINTER!! You are so clever...:D

Jen581791, TammyP, Res Ipsa and 2 others like this

Today I volunteered at an Ironman race.  Part of the volunteer perk was a free t-shirt and when I requested the largest size they had (XXL), I resigned myself to doing a frantic stretching so I could breathe in it before hitting the transition area where I was helping.  The coordinator gave me the XXL and I slipped it over the t-shirt I was wearing - with room to spare! :o Maybe I could have even gotten an XL!!?? :lol:

NSV Last week and yesterday:

I have a bunch of XL long and XXL long shirts and 2 sports coats that I have worn for years. I trimmed out of all the closet all the XXL shirts  [or 17 1/2 necks or 18 necks, 37 sleeves] and tried on all of the XL shirts. NONE fit me without looking like a sail. Issue: I had to leave on a business trip and had not one shirt I could wear, same for the sports coats. 

So, rattled, I bought 4 new short sleeved shirts, 16.5 necks, last week. All fit and my wife said pffft, buy 16" necks, they looked a touch too big. So, I ordered 4 new 16" neck/36" sleeve long-sleeved shirts, like I used to wear in my 20s (we are talking dinosaur time, folks). I also needed a new jacket, since when I took the old ones to my local tailor, they said they could not be done without looking bad and "just donate them, ok?" I ordered a new 44 inch jacket at the same time and donated my two jackets (they were 52" or 54" as I recall) and 24 shirts. My closet was BARE. 

The long sleeve shirts arrived the day I left on this business trip. They fit like a glove. And juicier yet: so did the jacket.

So here's a pic of me in Jakarta... 

BurgundyBoy_9_17_2017.jpg

TammyP, Trish1967, Clickin and 10 others like this

31 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

I have a bunch of XL long and XXL long shirts and 2 sports coats that I have worn for years. I trimmed out of all the closet all the XXL shirts  [or 17 1/2 necks or 18 necks, 37 sleeves] and tried on all of the XL shirts. NONE fit me without looking like a sail. Issue: I had to leave on a business trip and had not one shirt I could wear, same for the sports coats. 

So, rattled, I bought 4 new short sleeved shirts, 16.5 necks, last week. All fit and my wife said pffft, buy 16" necks, they looked a touch too big. So, I ordered 4 new 16" neck/36" sleeve long-sleeved shirts, like I used to wear in my 20s (we are talking dinosaur time, folks). I also needed a new jacket, since when I took the old ones to my local tailor, they said they could not be done without looking bad and "just donate them, ok?" I ordered a new 44 inch jacket at the same time and donated my two jackets (they were 52" or 54" as I recall) and 24 shirts. My closet was BARE. 

The long sleeve shirts arrived the day I left on this business trip. They fit like a glove. And juicier yet: so did the jacket.

BB you look great!!  You look like a normal guy sitting , having a cool drink!  Good to be normal!

18 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

BB you look great!!  You look like a normal guy sitting , having a cool drink!  Good to be normal!

It's the coconut water, not the WLS, really....:rolleyes:

Trish13, Trish1967 and NerdyLady like this

4 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Today I volunteered at an Ironman race.  Part of the volunteer perk was a free t-shirt and when I requested the largest size they had (XXL), I resigned myself to doing a frantic stretching so I could breathe in it before hitting the transition area where I was helping.  The coordinator gave me the XXL and I slipped it over the t-shirt I was wearing - with room to spare! :o Maybe I could have even gotten an XL!!?? :lol:

That's so cool! A great clothing NSV. You'll have to start asking for smaller than you think you need - that way, you'll be able to wear stuff for more than a month :) 

Looking great, @BurgundyBoy!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

You look great! 

Wow, a whole new wardrobe. I'm assuming you don't have 16" neck shirts left over from the Pleistocene that you could pull out to wear ;) It's great you have a partner who's willing to serve as those extra eyes - checking to make sure you don't leave the house looking like you're wearing a parachute. 

You look great, @BurgundyBoy - so happy and healthy! :) 

Trish13, BurgundyBoy and NerdyLady like this

@CurvyMermaid - that's such a great feeling, right?!  I bet you COULD have fit into the smaller size!

CurvyMermaid, Trish13 and NerdyLady like this

5 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

YES! Great NSV! 

(Does this mean you have aspirations for participating in the future?)

CurvyMermaid, NerdyLady and Trish13 like this

2 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

That's so cool! A great clothing NSV. You'll have to start asking for smaller than you think you need - that way, you'll be able to wear stuff for more than a month :) 

Or just get what fits. I had a depressing weekend. I'd bought some aspirational clothing at the end of season. I loved it but far too small and a size I've never worn. Spring has hit here in the southern hemisphere and I pulled them out on the weekend......They were too big and looked hideously baggy. I know I should have been happy because I've lost more than I ever believed possible......but.....I really liked those clothes so wasted all that cash on them and I'm still angry at myself!!!!!

Looking good @BurgundyBoy

NerdyLady, BurgundyBoy and Trish13 like this

10 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Or just get what fits. I had a depressing weekend. I'd bought some aspirational clothing at the end of season. I loved it but far too small and a size I've never worn. Spring has hit here in the southern hemisphere and I pulled them out on the weekend......They were too big and looked hideously baggy. I know I should have been happy because I've lost more than I ever believed possible......but.....I really liked those clothes so wasted all that cash on them and I'm still angry at myself!!!!!

Looking good @BurgundyBoy

:(:(:( Sorry about your clothing misfire. I'm finding it really challenging to keep myself in clothes at the moment. I don't suppose you kept any of the tags? 

NerdyLady likes this

8 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

:(:(:( Sorry about your clothing misfire. I'm finding it really challenging to keep myself in clothes at the moment. I don't suppose you kept any of the tags? 

They're non-returnable unfortunately because they were sale items. My sister reckons she'll buy some off me when she loses more weight. Given she appears to be gaining it at the moment (and is a good 60lbs heavier than me right now) I can't see that happening anytime soon. I know I should be happy that they're too big, and I'm sure I'll get there. I'm just kicking myself at the moment knowing I'll be up for full price purchases once this pesky cast comes off. I've got nothing in the way of pants right now other than tracking, and I'm not prepared to guess at sizes for now. I'll just have to wait until the cast is off and I can try stuff on.

Jen581791, Trish13 and NerdyLady like this