Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

5,201 posts in this topic

Congratulations @Kio!! What an amazing that must be for you! Keep up the great work. Hopefully the pain will continue to decrease as weight goes down going forward. I bet the dog is over the moon too with all the walks!!!! 

My doctor ordered another A1c test. Today she called to congratulate me on my progress. A1c is holding strong at 5.3! 

Oh! I forgot to mention mine NSV that has nothing to do with WLS. Today, I received a letter confirming that I paid off my student loans. I am finally debt free. $120,000 has finally been paid off. I even got a check for $13 because I over paid  

Today is truly an awesome day! 

@NerdyLady Congrats on your A1c numbers! That's really your measure of success, I think. You are healthy!

What a relief - student debt paid down is a great feeling. Now if you're clever and disciplined, you'll keep "making those payments," but to yourself in an investment account of some sort. It's a great way to sock away some savings. 

Res Ipsa, Trish13, cinwa and 2 others like this

1 minute ago, Jen581791 said:

@NerdyLady Congrats on your A1c numbers! That's really your measure of success, I think. You are healthy!

What a relief - student debt paid down is a great feeling. Now if you're clever and disciplined, you'll keep "making those payments," but to yourself in an investment account of some sort. It's a great way to sock away some savings. 

@Jen581791 I love that idea! The huzbund and I are pretty good with money but this wouldnt have occurred to me. Thanks for the tip!

i'll take healthy over rich any day! 

Trish13, Raddy, Res Ipsa and 2 others like this

12 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

My doctor ordered another A1c test. Today she called to congratulate me on my progress. A1c is holding strong at 5.3! 

That is freaking awesome!!! Congrats!! Isn't that the best feeling, knowing we have NORMAL A1C's?!? 

Raddy, NerdyLady and Res Ipsa like this

7 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Oh! I forgot to mention mine NSV that has nothing to do with WLS. Today, I received a letter confirming that I paid off my student loans. I am finally debt free. $120,000 has finally been paid off. I even got a check for $13 because I over paid  

Today is truly an awesome day! 

Now you can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief! What a load off your shoulders :) My daughter is still struggling to pay hers off. 

I love @Jen581791's idea :) Great way to sock away some extra cash without even putting an extra burden on your finances! 

Raddy, Res Ipsa, Jen581791 and 1 other like this

On 8/30/2017 at 6:21 PM, NerdyLady said:

I just got my updated A1C today...it was 4.5...my jaw almost hit the floor!! It's crazy :D

Res Ipsa, Jen581791, Gretta and 2 others like this

4.5?????????

Congrats!! This is amazing!

Res Ipsa and Trish1967 like this

10 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

4.5?????????

Congrats!! This is amazing!

I know!!! Tell me about it!! I had to actually look it up on the conversion chart to see if it was too low, lmao :D It's an average of 83...I never could have imagined this in my wildest dreams. If someone who didn't have my medical background/chart, took my A1C, they would never know I was a diabetic!!! The surgeon told me thursday when I saw him :) 

Edited by Trish1967

11 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

I just got my updated A1C today...it was 4.5...my jaw almost hit the floor!! It's crazy :D

Wow!!!!! You are officially a WLS success! This has got to be such  a relief. This one change alone is enough to justify having surgery. Good for you! Do something nice for yourself to celebrate :D:D:D 

NerdyLady, Trish1967 and Res Ipsa like this

11 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

That is outstanding Trish - congratulations!

Trish1967 likes this

Just now, Jen581791 said:

Wow!!!!! You are officially a WLS success! This has got to be such  a relief. This one change alone is enough to justify having surgery. Good for you! Do something nice for yourself to celebrate :D:D:D 

Thank you, @Jen581791 :) It's a huge relief!! My A1C is better than some non diabetics now!! You are so right...just to put my diabetes in remission is definitely enough to justify me having the WLS. I did celebrate yesterday...this was taking a huge chance, considering my potty situation, but hubby took me to lunch yesterday. I had a broiled portabella mushroom cap with spinach, crab and shrimp topped with melted cheese. Of course I only ate a tiny portion, especially since I hadn't even tried shrimp post op yet. It tasted like heaven. And it didn't hurt. And he took me what started out as scarf shopping (since I'm thinking this is the weekend I finally shave my head), and I ended up with a scarf and one of those open sweater wraps (I'm NOT a fashionista and have no idea what they are called, lol). It was a "one size fits most" kind of thing. Before WLS, it would have looked horrible on me. But it looks great and I love it ❤️

kayak19, NerdyLady and Jen581791 like this

Just now, cinwa said:

That is outstanding Trish - congratulations!

Thank you, @cinwa!!!

On 8/31/2017 at 7:49 AM, Trish1967 said:

Now you can breathe a HUGE sigh of relief! What a load off your shoulders :) My daughter is still struggling to pay hers off. 

I love @Jen581791's idea :) Great way to sock away some extra cash without even putting an extra burden on your finances! 

@Trish1967 Your daughter will get there one day. I've been in and out school for the better part of 20 years. It took a long time but it finally happened!

Jen581791 and Trish1967 like this

5 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, @Jen581791 :) It's a huge relief!! My A1C is better than some non diabetics now!! You are so right...just to put my diabetes in remission is definitely enough to justify me having the WLS. I did celebrate yesterday...this was taking a huge chance, considering my potty situation, but hubby took me to lunch yesterday. I had a broiled portabella mushroom cap with spinach, crab and shrimp topped with melted cheese. Of course I only ate a tiny portion, especially since I hadn't even tried shrimp post op yet. It tasted like heaven. And it didn't hurt. And he took me what started out as scarf shopping (since I'm thinking this is the weekend I finally shave my head), and I ended up with a scarf and one of those open sweater wraps (I'm NOT a fashionista and have no idea what they are called, lol). It was a "one size fits most" kind of thing. Before WLS, it would have looked horrible on me. But it looks great and I love it ❤️

If I could like this post a million times, it still wouldn't be enough to show how happy I am for you!

Just now, NerdyLady said:

@Trish1967 Your daughter will get there one day. I've been in and out school for the better part of 20 years. It took a long time but it finally happened!

She is getting there, slowly but surely :) She's been out of college for, I think, 8 years now and still has a way to go. But she's working on it.

Today's NSV!

IMG_5249.jpg

If I could like this post a million times, it still wouldn't be enough to show how happy I am for you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️ I'm just hoping it stays that way once I'm maintaining and start adding a few more carbs in here and there. I have been eating a lot of yogurt over the past couple of weeks, so I am getting some carbs into my diet. But other than that, my carb intake us still really low.

NerdyLady likes this

Today's NSV!

IMG_5249.jpg

Woah!! Way to go!! You are borderline low...lol. I haven't checked my fasting sugar in a while, maybe I'll check mine too. Just to see where it's at, lol. That's crazy good!!! We are awesome!!! :D:wub:

Res Ipsa and Jen581791 like this

Today's NSV!

IMG_5249.jpg

And...O M G!!! You're at goal!! I just saw that!!! Congratulations!!! Party time, girl!!!!!

NerdyLady likes this

3 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Woah!! Way to go!! You are borderline low...lol. I haven't checked my fasting sugar in a while, maybe I'll check mine too. Just to see where it's at, lol. That's crazy good!!! We are awesome!!! :D:wub:

Im borderline low, huh? Maybe I should run out and get a donut? LOLOLOLOLOL

Trish1967 and Jen581791 like this

@NerdyLady...

sorry for the giant pic, idk how to make them smaller :) 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Trish1967
athenarose, Jen581791 and Res Ipsa like this

Im borderline low, huh? Maybe I should run out and get a donut? LOLOLOLOLOL

Yup, lol...in the hospital, if mine dropped below 70, they put glucose in my IV, lol. Maybe you should run out and get 1/2 a donut :lol:

Jen581791 and NerdyLady like this

2 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

@NerdyLady...

FullSizeRender.jpg

What whaaaaaat?!! High five!

My doctor also said that given my last two A1c tests, one would never know I was diabetic! We are killing it!