Jolls

NSV of the Week - whats yours?

5,201 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bigfuzzy said:

my son & the lady that grooms my dogs both told me that I needed to get rid of my size 36 jeans. neither 1 had commented on my clothes before.

that makes me buy size 34x34, 20"  inches down from where I started 54x34. still doesn't seam real.

Great news and great job with the weight loss.  You may need to change your TTF name from Bigfuzzy to Thinfuzzy.....:D

tracyringo, Stephtay and Trish1967 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bigfuzzy said:

my son & the lady that grooms my dogs both told me that I needed to get rid of my size 36 jeans. neither 1 had commented on my clothes before.

that makes me buy size 34x34, 20"  inches down from where I started 54x34. still doesn't seam real.

I hope you kept a pair of your big jeans.  Putting a pair of those on is quite a jaw-dropping experience.

This is the difference in my before and after jeans.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @cinwa, that picture is AMAZING. Such an inspiration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 7:35 PM, Jen581791 said:

Prediction: Trish is back here in four months lamenting that she had to get rid of her too big winter coat!!! 

Getting into it is its own sweet victory though. 

Crossing legs and other ease of movement NSVs are really nice - 

Yup. In December @Trish1967 will be complaining that she is rattling around in the coat and all full of complaints about how [email protected]&d cold she is. -_-

Every time I cross my legs and let the top one dangle I marvel at the ease of it. Woof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cinwa said:

I hope you kept a pair of your big jeans.  Putting a pair of those on is quite a jaw-dropping experience.

This is the difference in my before and after jeans.  

 

 

I have a pair of 54x34 jeans & a 4xl tee shirt rolled up in the back of a cabinet. have not taken out to make picture as I still lose a few pounds every now & then. thought I would get my bmi down below over weight before I made a picture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bigfuzzy said:

I have a pair of 54x34 jeans & a 4xl tee shirt rolled up in the back of a cabinet. have not taken out to make picture as I still lose a few pounds every now & then. thought I would get my bmi down below over weight before I made a picture. 

Slip those babies on and see just how much wiggle room you have!  

tracyringo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NSV: Flying sucks less than it used to.

I fly for work or pleasure 4-8 times a year with some trips being really long international flights of 12-14 hours and I'm not quite important/wealthy enough for business or first class.

Do you know what sucks more than being on a 14 hour flight? Being 100+ pounds overweight on a 14 hour flight.

I was in Austin for a week this month and I'm going to China for two weeks tomorrow, so this is fresh in my mind.

One downside--my passport photo is from before my weight loss, which makes security a bit awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MarktheNerd said:

NSV: Flying sucks less than it used to.

I fly for work or pleasure 4-8 times a year with some trips being really long international flights of 12-14 hours and I'm not quite important/wealthy enough for business or first class.

Do you know what sucks more than being on a 14 hour flight? Being 100+ pounds overweight on a 14 hour flight.

I was in Austin for a week this month and I'm going to China for two weeks tomorrow, so this is fresh in my mind.

One downside--my passport photo is from before my weight loss, which makes security a bit awkward.

YES! But it is so much fun telling the Customs people that you have just lost (270-174=) 96 pounds and offering to show them your scars. :P 

I was on a long-distance flight a couple of years ago when I was awakened by other irritated passengers... I was snoring so loudly no one else could sleep. :(  This is a great NSV topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applied to be a nude model. (How's that for an opener?)

 

I have a friend who is an art professor and she is looking for a nude model with an "interesting" body for her figure sculpture class. I think my body is interesting considering I was once quite fat, lost weight and then had plastics to remove some of my excess skin. In clothes I look "normal" out of clothes my body tells a different story.

 

I have been thinking about applying for while and it was a thoughtful and considered decision. Whether I'm chosen or not, I'm glad I applied. I had to think long and hard about the residual shame I still carry for allowing myself to get so fat and having a body that is a mix of tight and loose skin, scars, stretch marks and unblemished areas. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I applied to be a nude model. (How's that for an opener?)

 

I have a friend who is an art professor and she is looking for a nude model with an "interesting" body for her figure sculpture class. I think my body is interesting considering I was once quite fat, lost weight and then had plastics to remove some of my excess skin. In clothes I look "normal" out of clothes my body tells a different story.

 

I have been thinking about applying for while and it was a thoughtful and considered decision. Whether I'm chosen or not, I'm glad I applied. I had to think long and hard about the residual shame I still carry for allowing myself to get so fat and having a body that is a mix of tight and loose skin, scars, stretch marks and unblemished areas. 

 

 

Wow!!!! I think that could be an amazing form of therapy. I am excited for you, crossing my fingers hoping you get picked and excited to hear how it goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Clickin said:

Wow!!!! I think that could be an amazing form of therapy. I am excited for you, crossing my fingers hoping you get picked and excited to hear how it goes.  

Well, @Stephtay, hope the sculpture makes it into the National Gallery or the Louvre in Paris. :) Beauty in Daily Life!

tracyringo, Raddy, Trish13 and 2 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I applied to be a nude model. (How's that for an opener?)

 

It's official. Stephtay wins the best NSV of the year award. :D

Clickin, kayak19, ikantspel and 7 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Clickin @Res Ipsa @BurgundyBoy

Big thanks to all of you. I really appreciate it! I hope I am picked too. But if not, finding the courage to apply was the biggest accomplishment for me. The first time I remember not liking my body I was 9 years old at summer camp. To borrow a quote from The Dead, "what a long strange trip it's been". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I applied to be a nude model. (How's that for an opener?)

Go for it!

Stephtay and Res Ipsa like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephtay said:

@Clickin @Res Ipsa @BurgundyBoy

Big thanks to all of you. I really appreciate it! I hope I am picked too. But if not, finding the courage to apply was the biggest accomplishment for me. The first time I remember not liking my body I was 9 years old at summer camp. To borrow a quote from The Dead, "what a long strange trip it's been". 

I know for sure that you never could have imagined this, I couldn't, but might have been able in my early 20's at normal weight which was actually a pound or three more than where I am now (HA!), hard to look back at what that reality would have really felt like.

Stephtay and NerdyLady like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A carnival ride with my niece! There was a spinning table to make the thing turn that did not touch my belly. This is all they why for me!

29832.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I applied to be a nude model. (How's that for an opener?)

 

I have a friend who is an art professor and she is looking for a nude model with an "interesting" body for her figure sculpture class. I think my body is interesting considering I was once quite fat, lost weight and then had plastics to remove some of my excess skin. In clothes I look "normal" out of clothes my body tells a different story.

 

I have been thinking about applying for while and it was a thoughtful and considered decision. Whether I'm chosen or not, I'm glad I applied. I had to think long and hard about the residual shame I still carry for allowing myself to get so fat and having a body that is a mix of tight and loose skin, scars, stretch marks and unblemished areas. 

 

 

I'm incredibly impressed. One day, i hope to be confident as you. 

Stephtay, Trish13 and tracyringo like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I saw a fellow parent who hadn't seen me since March. She didn't recognize me and only knew who I was because she recognized my kid! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

Yesterday, I saw a fellow parent who hadn't seen me since March. She didn't recognize me and only knew who I was because she recognized my kid! 

I had something similar with a snowbird when I was working at the post office.  He came in to let me know he was back for the summer, stood at the counter with his mouth open and then asked "didn't you use to be fat?". 

His wife was really embarrassed but I took it as a compliment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At work on Monday, a colleague who I hadn't seen in 8-9 months did this amazing double take and he nearly stuttered when he asked how I was doing (79 pounds down since he last saw me). He saw me, started to ask how I was, then truly SAW how I was, and the words came out differently. I was sorry for his shock but know, a bit better, how different my appearance is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realized yesterday I was wearing a black and white horizontal striped shirt.  The would have never happened before!  I always though horizontal stripes made me look twice as large!  Today I had a brightly colored shirt on (another thing I never owned as I didn't want to stand out or draw attention to myself) and the deli lady told me she liked my bright shirt.  That people wear colors that are too bland.  (Lol, my wardrobe used to be gray and white;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

.......... (Lol, my wardrobe used to be gray and white;)

I hold my hand up to brown, rust, dark green and black.  Lots of black, :( .  

Wearing bright colours certainly does a lot to lift my spirits.  Yellow, orange and pink especially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

So 3 months ago I bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes down from what I'd been wearing. They were tight and accentuated my pannus but were a great deal and I loved the design on the butt so I bought them anyway and put them in the back if my closet. We had a random cold day on Wednesday and knowing I'm down an additional 15 pounds since may I figured let's try. THEY FIT!!! No struggling or wiggling, even with my pannus the buttoned and zipped with ease. Hubby gave me the biggest hug and told me how proud he was of me :)

Edited by michelleann31

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cheesehead said:

I realized yesterday I was wearing a black and white horizontal striped shirt.  The would have never happened before!  I always though horizontal stripes made me look twice as large!  Today I had a brightly colored shirt on (another thing I never owned as I didn't want to stand out or draw attention to myself) and the deli lady told me she liked my bright shirt.  That people wear colors that are too bland.  (Lol, my wardrobe used to be gray and white;)

I used to wear 90 percent dark colors too, my sister is a Lula Roe consultant and I now buy so many brightly colored pieces from her, my wardrobe is so much brighter then it used to be!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I got back from my vacation (yes someday I will probably stop mentioning my vacation - but not today!) I've been doing a LOT of walking.  At this point I'm walking the dog one mile almost every day.  My knees start to ache at about the halfway point and get worse on the way home, but it never gets bad enough to stop me. My back is giving me zero problems at any point before, during or after the walks.

In April I was 50 pounds heavier, and could barely walk to the end of the block without the kind of pain that feels like something is literally about to break or snap inside my knees.  And I live in the MIDDLE of the block!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now