Caitip28

Back to third shift... nobody noticed :(

18 posts in this topic

I went back to work Monday night.  After only two days I realize how much my body really hates third shift.... also, nobody said anything about my weight loss... I lost 30 lbs in the four weeks I was gone and nobody noticed.... :(

Awww, I bet it will take just a little longer to get your stamina back. I likened surgery to jet lag.

I remember when I lost 25-35, my clothes were looser and my face slimmed but it wasn't super noticable to those around or they just didn't know if they should comment. It seemed I had to hit that 70# loss and it was like BAM, everyone sure could tell and they weren't shy.

Did you share with your coworkers you had WLS?

Hang tight, because soon it will be really apparent. Especially when you get out of your baggy pants and into some new slim clothes.

Welcome to the loser's bench! Seems like you are doing great!

Third shift can be really tough. I'm sure they noticed the weight loss, but were unsure of what to say. Good luck!

Thanks ladies... I think I just miss sitting at home and getting paid for it! Lol. I didnt tell anyone at work about my wls; I told a couple people I was having gallbladder surgery instead... so I could get a little surgery sympathy without revealing too much. My workplace is full of gossip and drama, and I just dont want in on it. Also, my boss is very tall and big so I felt it would be weird telling him about it... thats just me though. Ive told some friends and they were really supportive. I just figured at least one person would comment.... maybe they think it was a unintentional side effect of my fake surgery lol.... oh well!

Aviator and ✯AprilWine✯ like this

don't feel bad.  it take a while for the loss to become apparent to most people.  just stick with the plan and let them be surprised.

Awww, I bet it will take just a little longer to get your stamina back. I likened surgery to jet lag.

Wow, never had to take pain killers for jet lag!   :lol:

And to what H-C said about people not noticing -- some people just never do, even when the loss is profound. Your weight isn't what they remember about you.

Redfishgirl likes this

Wow, never had to take pain killers for jet lag!   :lol:

And to what H-C said about people not noticing -- some people just never do, even when the loss is profound. Your weight isn't what they remember about you.

Ha ha, good one! Agreed! But you know, once you are feeling better and think you shouldn't be pooped but are. Sure took me a while to get my giddy up and go back!

Last weekend I saw my son and daughter-in-law and they didn't say anything and I was kind of disappointed, but my husband says they don't pay attention to what I weigh. My sister came to visit today and she could tell a big difference! And my MIL that lives with us keeps asking if my diet is working......she hasn't noticed a change either. She sure will notice when my pants fall off! In the end, it is more important what I think, I did this for me after all. Hugs Caitlin! Jen

Today one of my students asked me if I was losing weight cause I looked thinner - first person to notice.

They will notice. Give it time. Important is that, you are noting the weight loss and you are feeling proud of yourself.

Time to focus on yourself and care less about others' opinions or observations.

I bet you look great already!

Some people just don't notice things like that.  I had a woman come up to me at work and ask me if I had a date for my surgery yet - and that was AFTER I had already lost 50 pounds!!  I just laughed to myself and wondered what SHE had been looking at!  People will eventually start noticing and then you will hear about it!  Congrats.

When I had Gallbladder surgery 3 years before wls, I lost 30# from that -- if you told people that is why you were off, that is probably why they didnt say anything even if they noticed.  I can honestly say when I worked a job 3rd shift, I didnt notice much of anything about anyone!

Hang in there, it takes a while.  I had to lose 50# before even I noticed much, and then the changes started showing up quickly.

GAviv likes this

When its people accustomed to seeing you they don't always as much -  just like it is hard for us to see it at times cause because we look at ourselves everyday.  I work from home so don't go in that often but I just was in on Thursday for holiday breakfast so many people haven't seen me anywhere from 4-10 months and you should hear the reactions I got. (large company)  Tons of people (even ones that don't even know my name, they just remember seeing me around) came up and said how they didn't recognize me and how good I look.  On Friday when I was back working at home I was still getting emails from people saying they had saw me and blah blah blah!    People will notice, they notice  far beyond what I notice myself!

It took a good 70 lbs before people really started noticing.  Now that I am down 135 lbs, everyone notices and calls me skinny minnie.  

✯AprilWine✯ and Stephtay like this

FWIW nobody at work has said anything about my 90lb weight loss.

I found 40 lbs was the tipping point. 30 lbs, no one really noticed. 40-50 everyone noticed.

People I'm close with have been noticing but co-workers didn't start to comment (maybe they noticed earlier?) until I was down 75 pounds. I went from a size 20 to a 16 before anyone at work said anything and then 2 people said something on the same day! Stay the course - you are doing great!!!!!

On December 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM, Caitip28 said:

I went back to work Monday night.  After only two days I realize how much my body really hates third shift.... also, nobody said anything about my weight loss... I lost 30 lbs in the four weeks I was gone and nobody noticed.... :(

So what does everyone at work think now? You made your goal weight. Amazing!