Lizzyloo

Reston? Dr. Fitzer?

Anyone have surgery at Reston in Virginia?  Comments? Suggestions? Overall opinion?

I didn't had my surgery at Reston but at Fair Oaks, but Dr. Fitzer is the best.  You are in great hands!!!!

I attended his seminar. I thought he was very knowledgeable and approachable. I tried to get an appointment quickly and that was where I met challenges. I decided to use another surgeon based on comments a Nurse supervisor made about Dr. Fitzer's infection rates. I was able to get an appointment quickly. I have not heard any direct negative commentary regarding Dr. Fitzer's surgeries but I would look into his post-op infection rates.

I am a GBS patient of Dr. Fitzer. I had surgery 12-11 and am doing great. The office staff are amazing. I call, walk in, make last minute appointments, email and always get a right of way response. He is not warm and fuzzy but I made it out alive, and am doing well. Its up to me now to follow the rules.

Ready2loose,

Your comment "made it out alive" made me chuckle.  I agree with your review.  He isn't warm and fuzzy and it irritates me sometimes that we don't see much of him....but he did an excellent job with my surgery and that is really all that matters!

I usually make it a policy not to butt-in on this type of thread, but I will make an exception here because something was said above about infection rates that is inaccurate.  

I would like to go on record here and now:  there is no bariatric surgeon at Reston (or any of my other hospitals) with a lower infection rate than myself.  That was true in 2013, and it is still true.  Thank you.