Hoovie

H Pylori Positive.....TWICE!?!?!?

12 posts in this topic

I am so frustrated. I tested positive for H Pylori in November. Took all the medications, which made me sick to my stomach (all the antibiodics) and just tested positive AGAIN at my pre op appt this week. Waiting on the nurse to call me and see what they want to do, but how is that possible? What if it doesn't go away, can I still have my surgery?

What the heck is that?

My Dr. Told me because I tested positive (I done the breath in a bag test). That I would always test positive with the breath test, that if anyone ever wanted to test me again it would have yo be done through blood. How did they test you the second time?

My Dr. Told me because I tested positive (I done the breath in a bag test). That I would always test positive with the breath test, that if anyone ever wanted to test me again it would have yo be done through blood. How did they test you the second time?

They were both blood tests.

The thing about H Pylori is that you can have it, be treated and get free of it and then kiss someone who has it and get it again.  Everyone you kiss should be tested and treated.

http://publichealth.arizona.edu/outreach/health-literacy-awareness/hpylori/transmission

The thing about H Pylori is that you can have it, be treated and get free of it and then kiss someone who has it and get it again.  Everyone you kiss should be tested and treated.

http://publichealth.arizona.edu/outreach/health-literacy-awareness/hpylori/transmission

Thank you for this info! I had no idea it spread that way, and my doctor never mentioned that either. If I don't get rid of it will it delay surgery do you think?

Well H Pylori is a bacteria that causes ulcers and ulcers are NOT the friend of a WLS patient.  It would be up to your surgeon, but my bet is that you'll need another round of antibiotics before surgery.  Just quit kissing!  and maybe get your kissing partner to get tested... 

Mirtl likes this

Started the meds again, got violently ill and came to find out I was allergic to the antibiotics. Start a new cocktail of meds on monday and hubby getting tested monday morning too. Please pray I get rid of this, or it will stall my upcoming surgery :(

Njjenny62 and Happy-Camper like this

I had it before surgery! I guess my DH needs to take a trip to the doctor.

I had it before surgery! I guess my DH needs to take a trip to the doctor.

and maybe you too, if you've kissed him since surgery.

Geez!!!! You think my DR would have informed me of this!!! I learn something new everyday from this forum.

Hubby was tested this morning, he was negative.