sleuth

One thing I miss... a man thing.

Belches... earthshaking, dish breaking, helicopter crashing belches...

Although the wife would disagree and although I belch more frequently now than before, they have become rather anticlimactic. All that pressure I feel would have broken windows in the near vicinity before. After surgery, when I prepare to let the family hear my roar, it comes out like a kitten.

I am thankful for less gas overall though.

I never was much of a belcher unless i had pepsi. now with soda being off limits my burps are nonexistent.

I've seen this topic come up a couple of times and, as the only woman in a house full of men and one of only a few woman in my field of work, I can understand this concern. So, at approximately 2.5 years post op, I decided to see if those earth moving belches are possible. I just swallowed a gutfull of air let out an impressive belch. Give it time, boys, it'll happen again.

PS. You'll also get the big, gut-emptying poop ability back, too;) You just gotta let your system heal and your regular eating schedule back in swing.

In the meantime, revel in the fact that your farts far exceed the foulness of any man in your immediate (or extended) vicinity;)

Ugh.  

If no one had that ability or need for it, I'd be thrilled.

In the meantime, revel in the fact that your farts far exceed the foulness of any man in your immediate (or extended) vicinity;)

OMG LOL!

I have to say I never "enjoyed" belching but I have belched post op. I hadn't really paid attention but I am sure I belch less now that I don't drink soda.

I don't fart much at all, but I am guessing the whey protein is responsible for noxious waste in the bathroom.

I don't have the ability anymore either. Never did it much but every now and then. The thing I have noticed is that after eating, I sometimes have a reflex that makes me sort of gulp--almost like a reverse hic-up. It's like I instinctivly start to make a gulping sound but it interrupted by a hic-up. Never did that before my surgery.

I still belch, mostly when I have eaten a bit too much or a little too fast.

I belch more often after surgery.  Maybe I still eat/drink too fast?   The worst are when I'm excersizing and drinking water.

OMG! This post actually made me laugh out loud. My husband revels in the fact that his belches can make the animals airborne, and I had never considered that post-op he probably won't be able to do this anymore. I won't mention this to him though, he may change his mind about having surgery if he can't thoroughly repulse me at least once a day!

On a serious note, sorry about your loss! I'm sure you will find other ways to horrify people in no time!

I pretty much only belch when I drink soda, and since I don't do that anymore, I seldom belch.

However, I know from long experience with protein that farts can sure be foul enough to ignite nearby furniture. Whey is not so bad, try the 12-hour blends that combine Casein, Whey, and Egg proteins to provide sustained release of protein to weight lifters, strength trainers, and body builders. Those create such foul farts I remember one of my Chesapeake Bay Retrievers would leave the weight room when I did it. And dogs can fart with the best of us.

More like a juvenile thing, yes? I do admit to unnerving my wife drinking beer and eating radishes in the early days -- that puts me back in my mid 20's. She hasn't left me yet, 37 years later.

I think I am going to miss this too....

More like a juvenile thing, yes? I do admit to unnerving my wife drinking beer and eating radishes in the early days -- that puts me back in my mid 20's. She hasn't left me yet, 37 years later.

OMG! BEER farts are the worst!!! Well, JRs protein blend might give 'em a run for their money;)

Sugar alcohols are LETHAL, but since I'm such a lady...

BTW, lookin' good, Tom...

OMG! BEER farts are the worst!!! Well, JRs protein blend might give 'em a run for their money;)

Sugar alcohols are LETHAL, but since I'm such a lady...

BTW, lookin' good, Tom...

It was the belching with radish/beer breath. A bit rough, even for the belcher! Still love radishes though beer is history.

I've been looking for some full size pictures for before and after -- not many pix of me in my life...prolly because I usually have the camera.

I can still rock the pillars of heaven and clear our a football stadium too. Post surgery I can have the loudest belches without any carbonation. I honestly get a little embarassed from burping like I do. Literally when I am running it's just burp after burp until I am done running. Yes, I can burp continuiously for 5 hours straight. Generally they are not the tupes that rattle walls the whole time but they are non stop. As far as the other end goes, well, hmmmm, I have no broblems there. Other people in the room might but I definitely do not.n i work in a server room so there is a constant noise going on so my coworkers have to see whether or not I justnstart giggling. If I do they know they need to run or abandon all hope.

The Farts are great but no, no good on the belches.  probably the no soda and the small area to fill with gas.  I get a little belches when I eat to fast and get the foamies but no room clearers.. but man those farts.. :)