BigB5SRT8

Feeling dizzy pre op liquid diet

Hi has anyone felt really dizzy just by getting up out of the chair. I'm on my 4th day on pre liquid diet. I have lost 15 pounds as of this morning. I have had a headache and every time I get up I get dizzy. Should I double up on my protein shakes. Maybe I am  not getting enough nutrients. It's the weekend so I can't call my nutritionist.

Do you take blood pressure medication? Sometimes that is caused by low blood pressure. There are a few things that could cause it, but that's what it was for me.

You need to look at whether this might be a blood sugar issue - are you diabetic?

Also, have you gone from eating lots of carbs and drinking caffeine cold turkey?

How much protein are you getting every day?  Are you getting in all your fluids?

Hang in there.

Do you take blood pressure medication? Sometimes that is caused by low blood pressure. There are a few things that could cause it, but that's what it was for me.

check your BP and if it is super low talk to the doc about cutting back. I was told to cut my pills in half when my BP goes low

yes, I have hypertension I take 40mg of lisinopril and 5mg of amlodipine.

No, I am not diabetic.

Yes I had some heavy carbs before starting, but not really surgery carbs like cakes, candy, ice-cream. I ate hamburgers, hotdogs, spaghetti, stuffed spuds, pastas, breads sautéed veggies in butter.I liked to eat so usually more than I should have. 

I'm not a big caffeine drinker rarely coffee , tea occasionally. If I drank sodas it was usually strawberry, orange, apple, etc.  

Get your BP checked. It may have fallen and the meds may be too much.

Otherwise, get LOTS of water. It's too easy to dehydrate when you feel like you're drinking so much with the shakes. You need lots and lots!