BigB5SRT8

Approval letter

Hi guys got my insurance approval letter the other day. A little late if you ask me I started my pre op liquid diet day before and have done everything for the op which will be on Oct. 22, 2013 Hell I thought I was already approved long ace time ago. Boy would I have been mad if after all the appointments and getting ready for surgery they say. Sorry you are not approved.  

Yeah, definitely better off having that approval letter in your hand :D. CONGRATS!

Did everyone else get an approval letter? I've only got 2 weeks left before surgery and haven't received any letter yet! Getting nervous!

I didn't get an approval letter.  Doc scheduled and appointment and I just showed up.  You will be getting a call from the surgeon's office with last minute instructions a week before - so next week.  Do you have an exact time scheduled?

Also you should pre-register at the hospital.  

Aviator - you were self pay, you wouldn't get an approval letter.

As a major health insurance company employee, I really cannot comprehend having this elective surgery scheduled with never having received an approval letter.  You kind of need to know if you are approved or not cause that is one hell of a bill you are going to get smacked with.  Surely they won't actually go through with it if you are not approved?  That I don't know for sure I guess.

I already have a date set, I'm sure they'd let me know if I wasn't approved, right?! Either way, I'll call the office tomorrow to double check as my insurance changed half way through this whole journey...

Aviator - you were self pay, you wouldn't get an approval letter.

As a major health insurance company employee, I really cannot comprehend having this elective surgery scheduled with never having received an approval letter.  You kind of need to know if you are approved or not cause that is one hell of a bill you are going to get smacked with.  Surely they won't actually go through with it if you are not approved?  That I don't know for sure I guess.

The first go around, original VSG, I was self pay.  The revision/repair, was paid for by insurance.   While I did not get a letter, when I pre-registered at the hospital, they told me the bill was 100% covered.   I pre-registered at the hospital 1 week in advance of the surgery in both cases.

You DO pay attention, Jolls.  :)

Edited by Aviator

Lol to be fair, it was like day before last you had just commented to someone about being self pay....so that was still rattling around in my head  :P

I never received a letter from my insurance stating I was approved but was told by my drs office I was approved. So far the insurance has paid everything except co pays and deductible so it hasn't been a problem.

Lol to be fair, it was like day before last you had just commented to someone about being self pay....so that was still rattling around in my head  :P

That information is also in Aviator's Log Book.  The strange thing was on the revision/repair, I had no idea what it was going to cost, or what was covered until I pre-registered and asked.

Up to that point, I had no idea what it was going to cost.  Insurance covered 100%. 

So, it turns out my surgeons office didn't put a authorization in yet- as my insurance needs proof of prior insurance before I switched. One MORE thing I have to worry about before surgery (If I even get it!!) MEHH

Bobby

I love insurance companies. They are there to support our needs and accommodate anything we want........ wait........I just threw up a little in my mouth just typing that garbage.

Just keep playing thier game and don't stop until you win. Sorry you have to go through the hoops.