• LocationNew York
  • Hospital:Northern Westchester Hospital
  • Start Weight:266
  • Current Weight:132
  • Goal Weight:140
  • Surgery Date:06-07-2012
  • Surgery Type:Vertical Sleeve

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well I think I am there.  No weight loss in Sept.  This is a first month since surgery where I have not lost any weight.  I wanted to get to my ultimate goal of 130, but I think my body has said this is enough.   I am kind of tired of the weight loss mindset.  I figured I have worked hard to get where I am and I don't think 4 pounds is going to make a difference in my life.  I want to feel satisfied and enjoy all the things that I can now do.  The problem is I don't really know much about maintaining a healthy weight.  I'm thinking if I keep eating the way I am I will stay at this weight.   I still weigh my food, but can eat more now than before.    I would love to hear from others  who are now at this stage of their WLS journey.  

#2 Dees

Dees

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts
  • Start Weight:314
  • Current Weight:167
  • Goal Weight:150
  • Surgery Date:2/25/13
  • Surgery Type:Vertical Sleeve

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

:)

I'll get back with you in six months.  In six months, I'm going to be in maintenance, I think.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We still think of a powerful man as a born leader and a powerful woman as an anomaly." - Margaret Atwood

"Food is just NOT worthy of my death. Period."  - HorseCrazyMom, TT

"Look at it as a treat and move on to the next meal."  -- CoolLady2007, MFP 

"Just because you know you can eat more, doesn't mean you need to or should."  - Jolls, TT

weight.png

#3 TheBlackSea

TheBlackSea

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts
  • Goal Weight:TBD
  • Surgery Date:5/2013
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

I'm a rookie and one with a pouch. Doesn't make one difference since we all end up in that final permanent stage. You seem to be in good control of your nutrition. I'm thinking, keep on with weighing/logging your daily food intake and enjoy your new figure.
I'll return in seven-eight months. Wonder what I'll have to share then.

s-weight.png