Beautiful4ever

Is this normal?

Hello all. I have a question for you. I am 10 weeks post op and it seems I have not lost anything. I have not gained anything either. I have been hitting the gym 1.5 hours each day eating what they tell me. I am also hungry. Like the band is not full. I have only had 2 fills both seemed small for me. Is this normal or should I talk to the dr when I see him next week? Thanks all for answering me.

Each time I have an appointment, they set a weight-loss goal for me. Our surgeries were done pretty close together, but i have quite a bit more to lose- so naturally- mine is going to come off faster.

If you feel that you aren't progressing, call your dr/advocate! 

No one's journey is the same, so try not to focus on the pounds themselves... even though that is hard!

I had a lap band inserted 12/2009.  Is it normal NOT to feel restriction and to be hungery?  YES.  

That is why you have to use alot of self-will to NOT over eat, because there is a restrictive device at the top of your stomach.  When you over eat, the excess has to go somewhere, until it eventually drains down to the lower stomach, so it goes UP, causing you to feel "full" in your chest, or throat.   Also very common to have hiccups,  that is really a symptom of GERD.

Just my experience,   Bands come in a variety of sizes and they give fills a little at a time to test the result.  Once you lose some more weight, you may need a little more fill. 

Thanks. I dont get the Hiccups all that often. We have small goals each and every time I go in. This is the first time I have not seen any weight loss. I am using a lot of will power right now, 4 oz and no snacking, just water, and working out like crazy. It is hard not to focus on the pounds. I am losing inches I see that. It is hard for me not to focus on the pounds when I have been heavy for a long time. :-) thanks for the support.