peanutz53

Mexico Surgery?

I just got back from TJ and had sleeve surgery with Dr. Almanza and couldn't be happier. We had our surgery at the Green and Health hospital and I must say it's a top notch facility. Would recommend to anyone, I'm from Arkansas and plane ticket and surgery cost total was $5000.

I just got back from TJ and had sleeve surgery with Dr. Almanza and couldn't be happier. We had our surgery at the Green and Health hospital and I must say it's a top notch facility. Would recommend to anyone, I'm from Arkansas and plane ticket and surgery cost total was $5000.

Okay, thread hijack, because Steve's first three posts are on special interest threads.

Steve, welcome. Given your stats, you've recently embarked on in a long journey. Kudos to you for starting down the path to a healthier you. Are you doing a two-part procedure, or are you seeing how it goes with the sleeve? Arkansas is nice. My sister lives there, and my great uncle is retired faculty at the University.

I just wanted to say, just because a hospital is marked as a center of excellence, it doesnt meen they really are. I would do tons of research and make an informed decision based on that research. Don't pick a hospital because it's said to be a center of excellence. I've read a lot about this, they're a center of excellence because they do so many surgeries. Some doctors will do a few surgeries everyday. In my opinion, I'd rather have a surgeon who does 1 surgery a week instead of a center of excellence. The after care is just as important as the surgery. It's important to have a doctor that will sit down with you and discuss things. These surgeries are no joke, those surgeons have a very hard job. So i would avoid any surgeon who is over worked and greedy. My surgeon will do surgery on monday and friday and he only does 2 surgeries max. Your life is to important, please research and ask questions. I go with a list of them :)

There are many criteria for Center of Excellence.