fflintstone

What toy are you getting for reaching your goal weight?

260 posts in this topic

Boobs was my answer also!!! (0 0)

GAviv likes this

:). Trust me, right now it's still pretty scary!

Seriously though, my husband did take pics right before I went into OR with all of the surgeons blue sharpie markings so we would hAve them. I am terrified my kids will bring them up on photo stream at an inappropriate moment on their iPads! Note yo self to delete!

uglydude likes this

LOL I bet. Anything right after surgery is probably scary.

Well, I decided to get rid of the little red car, which is quite old and a stick shift, which I no longer enjoy in traffic. So I went to the other end of the spectrum......

6b0f2c8ecd6d4c91b5dc1b78f8a3b00c20131125

slownlow, Aviator and GAviv like this

Well, I decided to get rid of the little red car, which is quite old and a stick shift, which I no longer enjoy in traffic. So I went to the other end of the spectrum......

6b0f2c8ecd6d4c91b5dc1b78f8a3b00c20131125

Always nice to get a new vehicle!

I myself would prefer a small POWERFUL old car with a stick over a big truck but I have too many trucks right now.....

trying to work on a trade of one of my trucks for a Z28 right now. with icy roads it is a good time for me to find someone sick of a car that is horrible in the winter to take a 4x4 of less value.

Meh I have had 200+ mph cars quite a few times in my long driving career. No need for speed anymore.

Even got rid of my 200+ mph motorcycle (my modified ZX14) for a Concours 14 for sport touring. Less speed, more fun.

You gotta love a pickup. I have an old one that had 140,000 miles on it that I use to pull my boat. Chev 3500 (1 ton) dually 4x4,

Actually, I only own half of it. My buddy and I split the cost of it and use it sporadically.

I don't think I have ever gone over 140 in my life, but I continually go over 100 all the time.
It really takes a lot to go over 150 on anything. Cars that do 170 are expensive and bikes that do 180 are expensive to insure. it takes serious coin to go 200mph.
Most people who own fast cars do not use them that way that often.

It's a good thing to the rest if us in the world driving the speed limit that you all don't drive over 150 much!!!!

Edited by Mylifemyjourney

Chevrolet will be revealing the 2015 corvette stingray Z06 at the 2014 Detroit Auto Show. 620hp. 650 lb-ft of torque. Should get real close to the 200 mph mark for a bargain price

My new 2014 stingray convertible will do 180 right out of the box. Should be picking it up in Bowling Green in 3 weeks - unconfirmed as yet.

JRH and uglydude like this

I takes a bit more than 700 horsepower to push a "small" car to 200 mph, if you have 3 or 4 miles to get there. Like at the salt flats. 900 hp if you want to get there in fewer miles.

My 220 hp ZX14 could go there on a whim, but I only did it once. My 1991 ZX11 went 200+ after it was heavily modified, with a closed loop fuel injection system, cams, bored, ported, new valves, springs, crank. It had a lot of titanium parts in it, to reduce weight. Marchesini magnesium wheels. etc.

I jumped out of planes from 31,000 feet on oxygen too, just another adrenaline rush back when it mattered.

My current 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 bike will exceed 140 mph but not do a whole lot more. I pushed it there one time passing a bunch of cars on a long stretch of straight road. Found out I don't like going that fast anymore.

Must be getting old, or conservative, or both.

lubebu1962 and Aviator like this

We have the highest speed limits in the US here in Texas - 85 mph - in selected places. I was stunned when I saw the first one. Also, there are no speed traps set up on these roads. You won't get a speeding ticket there unless a cop thinks you're being reckless. The closest thing to the Autobahn in the USA. These roads are excellent, flat, straight, with wide lanes and good separation between - normally low trafficked and most often toll roads.

Bones and I were on our way from Houston to Wimberley in my Corvette Grand Sport and Bones was napping in the front seat. I hit 120 and didn't wake her up. I really have no desire to drive 200 mph. If I want to go that fast, I'll climb in an airplane.

post-3219-0-71223100-1389703549_thumb.jp

This week is the North American Auto Show in Detroit, where some stunning news was made.

Chevrolet swept the accolades by garnering both the Truck of the Year - the Silverado - and the Car of the Year - The C7 Corvette Stingray.

Then there was the big reveal: The Corvette Stingray Z06 - available (Jan 2015) for the first time in a convertible and an 8 speed automatic, AND, the stunning Corvette C7.R race car that has a top speed of 190 mph.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2014-chevrolet-corvette-c7r-ar160964.html

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-z06-supercar-reveal.html

The Corvette is finally an all-American supercar.

Edited by Aviator

Would never get boobs. i'm glad mine aren't as big as they were already.

I WILL consider getting them hoisted back up where they belong tho.

My dream/plan for myself is to buy a house (tired of renting!) and travel the world!

Yep! Places to go and a place to come home to!

HAVE to go to:

Ireland

The ancestral castle in Scotland

Machu Picchu

Australia

Wherever my 2nd nephew wants to go for his graduation trip

other places as I think them up...

Aviator likes this

Then there was the big reveal: The Corvette Stingray Z06 - available (Jan 2015) for the first time in a convertible and an 8 speed automatic, AND, the stunning Corvette C7.R race car that has a top speed of 190 mph.

Now see what you have done.... 2015 Z06 Convertible with 8 speed automatic........ when the VA finally makes good on my backpay to 1977 I know where the money is going. Not really but it sure will be tempting in the extreme.

Aviator likes this

Now see what you have done.... 2015 Z06 Convertible with 8 speed automatic........ when the VA finally makes good on my backpay to 1977 I know where the money is going. Not really but it sure will be tempting in the extreme.

Going fast is an itch you can never fully scratch - once you've ever done it.

So in the world of "disparate relationships", are boobs to women what go-fast vehicles are to men?  Just wondering.  I think I see a trend forming in this discussion....

tmcgee and Mylifemyjourney like this

Last time I checked, boobs were important to men too :)

At least the one I know!

CeCeJD, Aviator, tmcgee and 4 others like this

One of the dumber things I did in high school was get my 1991 Nissan sentra up to about 110-115. Aviator unlike your vette you could feel every mph in my sentra.

Aviator and uglydude like this

Last time I checked, boobs were important to men too :)

At least the one I know!

Totally.  No argument.  

But ME having boobs isn't.  Having a fast car is.

One of the dumber things I did in high school was get my 1991 Nissan sentra up to about 110-115. Aviator unlike your vette you could feel every mph in my sentra.

I did that in a 1968 Mustang - 289 V8.  I thought pieces were going to start flying off.  Scared the bejesus outta me.

The Corvette Grand Sport wasn't even revved up.  

GAviv likes this

Going fast is an itch you can never fully scratch - once you've ever done it.

So in the world of "disparate relationships", are boobs to women what go-fast vehicles are to men?  Just wondering.  I think I see a trend forming in this discussion....

I dunno.  I'd rather have a motorcycle... a pink one. plzthx

uglydude, Aviator and JRH like this

I dunno.  I'd rather have a motorcycle... a pink one. plzthx

I sometimes ride with a lady who has a pink motorcycle, and I do mean pink. And a pink helmet, and pink and white leathers. And tassles.

O M G

uglydude and Aviator like this

My current 2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 bike will exceed 140 mph but not do a whole lot more. I pushed it there one time passing a bunch of cars on a long stretch of straight road. Found out I don't like going that fast anymore.

I try to stay off the highway with the bike, and sometimes with the four wheeler. My first cross country trip was 1971 and much of the interstate system was not yet built, I loved those 2 lane  state roads in the west.

I sometimes ride with a lady who has a pink motorcycle, and I do mean pink. And a pink helmet, and pink and white leathers. And tassles.

O M G

I'd be happy with just a light baby pink and BLACK riding gear.  ...with tassels.

Aviator likes this

PLEASE. Tell me the tassels are on the end of the bike's handlebars or are fringes on the underside of her sleeves.  PLEASE.

Aviator likes this

PLEASE. Tell me the tassels are on the end of the bike's handlebars or are fringes on the underside of her sleeves.  PLEASE.

BAAAAHAHaHAHAHA!!!   Maybe they're stuck to the front of her vest!  omg... omg... i spewed water.  snort!