fflintstone

Frederick Flintstones journey forward

962 posts in this topic

When you can't shake yo' shake, shake yo' boo-tay

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fZuW-aJsg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl3fZuW-aJsg

For your keyboard Fred.

Oops I have a 15 yo that likes to drink from his keyboard too Fred... It's ok..

Aviator likes this

When you can't shake yo' shake, shake yo' boo-tay

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fZuW-aJsg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dl3fZuW-aJsg

For your keyboard Fred.

I much prefer this KC and the sunshind band song.

I turn up the volume and cant help but smile and bob my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B2NUqBs3TQ&list=PL80CB961E62D66081

Aviator likes this

I like that one too and know it well. Wow - that was a long time ago.

The first one was commemorating the baptism of your keyboard with the "escape shake."

DAY 10

I do not believe the scale.

I am probably a little dehydrated because for the first time in FOREVER I was able sleep thru the night without getting up to pee.

We were awakened by an 8:00 AM phone call. I hate early phone calls on weekends! This one not so much, my nephew is coming home for the weekend from the marines. He is stopping by on his way home and will be here shortly. I chose not to drive up for the “dinner” this weekend.

Knee still hurts but it is better than yesterday.

Aviator likes this

Wow that's a great phone call to get enjoy your visit.. Lol my 8:00 am wake up call was just a telemarketer.... Guess back to sleep now then gym in a bit

fflintstone likes this

Wow that's a great phone call to get enjoy your visit.. Lol my 8:00 am wake up call was just a telemarketer.... Guess back to sleep now then gym in a bit

I am going back to bed too. The visit was nice. He stayed over a half hour only minimal interruptions from the cell phone. I hate when you get a group of today’s youth together and they tend to spend most of their time staring at a phone with little human interaction.

What did the scale say that you did not believe? I have branded my scale a liar!

What did the scale say that you did not believe? I have branded my scale a liar!

333.4 down about 10 lbs from Wednesday.

I found this really helpful with filtering out unsolicited calls.    https://www.donotcall.gov/

IF anyone does call now, I straight away ask them for the name of the company then slam the phone down and report them.

Doah!  Forgot the link...

If you tell them to put you on their "do not call" list and they call you back anyway, you can get $1000 a pop out of them with a lawyer in tow. If you have someone harassing you even though you asked them not to do so, it's big bucks, compounded every time they break the rules.

:)

Additionally, if it's someone calling to collect on a debt and you tell them it is an inconvenient time and they continue to call you at or around that time, you can sue. If they call you during your work day, you can sue. If they call you at the dinner hour, you can sue. If they call you after 9 pm, you can sue. I worked in financial accounting for years. The rules for calling residential clients is VERY strict.

Happy-Camper likes this

Day 11

I have to back up to my day yesterday. After a nap we went garage saleing. We need some things in the “big” city (50 min drive) Margot didn’t want to go so we came home and Aydan and I went. My knee was better and I cannot lift my cart on the weigh restriction so I walked around the flea market. My knee would hurt standing up but not so much walking. I over did it and my knee is sore today.

I have to tell you I don’t like the way protein shakes feel in my stomach. I am still on the two week post op and I am sick of it. I cheated and had a bit of beans out of my son’s bean burrito. It seemed to sit just fine. I am already done with clear broth and mix a little pureed soup to the broth. Wednesday can’t come soon enough. Mmmm oatmeal, yogurt, ricotta…..

I still don’t believe my scale, 330.6 down almost 3 pounds since yesterday. I have Dr’s appointments the 9th, 12th, and 16th, so we will see. Even with clothes that is 40 lbs in one month!!!!!

I must have been retaining far more water that I thought. My legs are getting down right spindly.

Aviator likes this

It can take a whole month for the water to come off. It's ridiculous. I lost 24 lbs my first WEEK. That was my water weight. It's no joke, yo.

Oh, I hope the shakes problem is just a brand thing! I developed lactose intolerance and it sucked. :/

Hang in there on the liquids as long as you can. There will never be a better time to lose. You don't want to cheat yourself out if any poundage that can be so easily dropped. :)

Grats on all the loss so far!

Even with clothes that is 40 lbs in one month!!!!!

I must have been retaining far more water that I thought. My legs are getting down right spindly.

I'm jealous. I lost only 6 post op (18 pre-op) then I stalled. I haven't weighed again since last Wednesday.

Day 12.

I am missing the one pee drug we ran out of. It has been a huge hassle to find out who the urologist is/was and to get more.(still don’t know) My wet behind the ears, fresh out of med school PA will not renew the prescription because “I am on too may diuretics” well I will stop taking the one YOU prescribed, give me the one that WORKS, so I don’t get up 6 time a night and dribble. I like to get a good night’s sleep.

I have stated elsewhere that I find it appalling that I had pee issues prior to going to my WLS seminar and the soonest “new patient” appointment I could get is in October. I went from seminar to MAJOR surgery in 32 days but I can’t see a &%$#@* urologist!

Scale said 328.6 I can see the difference in my legs, not so much in the belly. I have had a few NSV’s the last two days. My clothes fit a little looser, I can get in and out of the wife’s car easier, and I can get my wallet out of my back pocket while in said car.  But the biggest NSV for me so far happened in the middle of the night last night. I can finally do a thorough job of wiping. My body can now twist enough that I don’t have to worry.

rxmom2007 and Aviator like this

Your surgeon ought to be able to prescribe your diuretic??

Great NSV's! My legs and feet got skinnier first as well.

Hope you sort out your medical stuff soon. 6 times a night could make me a little sleep deprived.

Your surgeon ought to be able to prescribe your diuretic??

We had asked but he wanted the primary to do it.

We have to find a new primary.

While unemployed for 3.5 years we were without insurance for 2 years till we were able to get on a grant funded county insurance. Part of the deal was we had to go to HER.

We are free to go elsewhere now but we haven’t found one.

Fred - right now with your weight coming off at that rate, you're a living, breathing diuretic. You knee should improve as you unload the weight on it - regardless of whether it's water or fat loss.

Sleuth - I like the new avatar. I'm in a stall right now too, but it will pass. When you expend more calories than you ingest, over time fat must come off.

Edited by Aviator
sleuth and fflintstone like this

DAY 13

Very nauseated this morning, nasty dry heaves.  I get to work and the gate is closed. I forgot the plant is shut down this week. I get to park close to my building due to my COPD. They are paving the office parking lot so I had to park in BFE. Then I get to the engineering department and we are attached to the wood shop. They are using some kind of solvent; yeah I am just trying to keep from ralphing.

Weigh was an even 328 today only down 0.6 lb.’s. It had to happen and truth be told I ate more yesterday. I will make up for it today as the wife has sent me to work with heaping tablespoon portion sizes of food.

On the upside my son starts second grade today and he has been a very good kid this weekend.

rxmom2007 and Aviator like this

Day 12.

I am missing the one pee drug we ran out of. It has been a huge hassle to find out who the urologist is/was and to get more.(still don’t know) My wet behind the ears, fresh out of med school PA will not renew the prescription because “I am on too may diuretics” well I will stop taking the one YOU prescribed, give me the one that WORKS, so I don’t get up 6 time a night and dribble. I like to get a good night’s sleep.

I have stated elsewhere that I find it appalling that I had pee issues prior to going to my WLS seminar and the soonest “new patient” appointment I could get is in October. I went from seminar to MAJOR surgery in 32 days but I can’t see a &%$#@* urologist!

Scale said 328.6 I can see the difference in my legs, not so much in the belly. I have had a few NSV’s the last two days. My clothes fit a little looser, I can get in and out of the wife’s car easier, and I can get my wallet out of my back pocket while in said car.  But the biggest NSV for me so far happened in the middle of the night last night. I can finally do a thorough job of wiping. My body can now twist enough that I don’t have to worry.

Talking about how different this surgery is for each one of us , since my surgery ( five months ago ) almost all the loss went from day one in my belly first and a lot less in arms and legs . On march 23 th ( day of my surgery ) i was a size 50 and now i fit in a 38 .

Arms and legs have followed but at a slower pace. Exercising have been of great great help in order not to have too much loose skin and develop muscle mass .

Just my 2 cents.

Aviator likes this

DAY 14

YEAH!!! I can start to eat decent food again!!!!! I have a yogurt in my lunch today.

I am just not believing my scale! 323.4 This morning! Let the honeymoon continue!

I can do without the morning nausea though, sour stomach and a few dry heaves.

Choking down all my pills is not fun.

The wife is going in for her 7 day pre op with the surgeon.

The 15 lb. weight limit is starting to get to me, I can’t really do anything.

Aviator likes this

Day 15

My morning weight was 323.2 I think that was down .2 from yesterday, I feel bloated right now and had a large amount of dry heaves this morning that started when I got to the shower. Usually it happens when I am downstairs getting dressed or heading out to go to work.

Today I think the wife put salted caramel flavor in my shake. It kind of tastes like chocolate butterscotch. My wife’s starting to get envious about her surgery. Today is her pre op appointment and she has a lot of questions.

I am enjoying yogurt, and ricotta cheese, but craving MEAT! I have been searching to no avail for cheese powder that does not have ADDED salt. Cheese has salt in it and I don’t care about that but I don’t want to battle water retention when losing. I am going to look for a low sodium ranch dressing powder. I think that would add volumes of flavor to the ricotta in lew of the proper additions like noodles tomato sauce sausage and mozzarella.

I did some work out in the shop last night but I am limited with the weight restriction.

Oh I forgot to mention yesterday. My lovely bride badgered the doc into giving me the bladder relaxer med and I only got up three times to pee that night and last night I slept straight thru (once I got to sleep)!!!!!

rxmom2007 likes this

The 15 lb. weight limit is starting to get to me, I can’t really do anything.

My surgeon recommended 20 pounds. However, he did say I could start doing some weight lifting on my arms and legs but nothing that strains the core. I haven't started yet.

However, I have been able to do light yardwork. The weedeater only ways 10 pounds as does the chainsaw. Most of the branches I'm clearing I estimate to be around 20 pounds or less. Of course I can ride the lawnmower. And we are redecorating my daughter's room so I've been able to paint, spackle, sand, etc.

Edited by sleuth

I am enjoying yogurt, and ricotta cheese, but craving MEAT! 

Hormel Roast Beef Hash and Corned Beef Hash have been a godsend during my puree diet. It will help with your meat craving. Also, I have been buying chunky beef soups and beef stews and pureeing those.

You do have to watch the sodium a little bit unless my weight loss is slowed or stalled, but I don't watch it too closely otherwise. My doctor hasn't mentioned it and as I've said before, I'm more focused on my sugars since I am diabetic.

Edited by sleuth
fflintstone likes this