Happy-Camper

Why the hair needs protein to re-grow

93 posts in this topic

On 2/26/2016 at 3:27 AM, Amber76bailey said:

This really gives me hope for her, thank you! 

so, any updates? how is it going??

Chris, this concoction is wonderful! Yesterday was my 3rd week and I've had drastic change. My hair has normal mild shedding maybe 10 hairs a day?? I've also incorporated an expensive hair, skin and nails vitamin from my local health food store (not a GNC) I also use the oil on my entire face and neck every evening after washing and all over my body right after a shower while still partly damp. I believe it's had incredible results on my face and neck..... firming the skin in my neck and my husband said he noticed the exact same thing on my face (brighter more even skin tone with a fresh glow) best I can describe :-) I'm so happy you shared this! My "noticeably thin" temple hair has grown back in and new sprouts of hair all over my head. 

As for my daughter it's too oily for her liking. 3 shampoos later it still look greasy. Lol so she will be doing it during summer when she doesn't have to go to school looking like she doesn't wash her hair. Lol 

On 3/12/2016 at 7:49 PM, Forward to Health said:

Is it working for you?  Does your hair growth faster?

I put my oil concoction on around 10pm and use a hair wrap.  I watch TV and go to bed with it.  In the morning I rinse it out and then shampoo.  No conditioner necessary.

For the mom-daughter pair...she may enjoy doing a face mask or her nails while you both have it wrapped up--being girlie together is the best.

Haven't noticed much difference BUT I also not very consistent with it.....  and it to the list of other things to "be more consistent on".

Forward to Health likes this

4 hours ago, Amber76bailey said:

Chris, this concoction is wonderful! Yesterday was my 3rd week and I've had drastic change. My hair has normal mild shedding maybe 10 hairs a day?? I've also incorporated an expensive hair, skin and nails vitamin from my local health food store (not a GNC) I also use the oil on my entire face and neck every evening after washing and all over my body right after a shower while still partly damp. I believe it's had incredible results on my face and neck..... firming the skin in my neck and my husband said he noticed the exact same thing on my face (brighter more even skin tone with a fresh glow) best I can describe :-) I'm so happy you shared this! My "noticeably thin" temple hair has grown back in and new sprouts of hair all over my head. 

As for my daughter it's too oily for her liking. 3 shampoos later it still look greasy. Lol so she will be doing it during summer when she doesn't have to go to school looking like she doesn't wash her hair. Lol 

Ooo, this is great news! I am so happy for you! I do use a similar concoction for face and body, but facial is based on grapeseed oil and body is based on almond oil. It works great for me. I am glad this one works for you! May be I should try this one on my face too!

For your daughter, may be she should stick with just coconut oil for half an hour before washing, or what my daughter does, she sprays her hair with 1:10 solution of apple cider vinegar in water an hour before washing. But like I said, she is biracial and her hair is like typical African. My African daughter-in-law does the same. Children are different from us. She can experiment with other things till she finds what's good for her, and this, too can change with years!

Amber76bailey likes this

20 hours ago, chris777 said:

Ooo, this is great news! I am so happy for you! I do use a similar concoction for face and body, but facial is based on grapeseed oil and body is based on almond oil. It works great for me. I am glad this one works for you! May be I should try this one on my face too!

For your daughter, may be she should stick with just coconut oil for half an hour before washing, or what my daughter does, she sprays her hair with 1:10 solution of apple cider vinegar in water an hour before washing. But like I said, she is biracial and her hair is like typical African. My African daughter-in-law does the same. Children are different from us. She can experiment with other things till she finds what's good for her, and this, too can change with years!

If you do try this one on your face and body, let me know how it compares to the grapeseed and almond. Want to know if you notice a big difference from one to the other. 

FYI today has been the best "non hair loss" day so far! It's been 3 weeks on the vitamins and oils.... things are really looking up! I have to say I think quality vitamins is important. I had been taking 10,000 iu of Biotin for 7 months (generic brand 5 dollars) with no results what so ever. ... now with the purvana, 5,000iu and grapeseed extract, horse tail msm and a whole lot of other good stuff has been a huge difference! 

My experience only of course :-) 

chris777 likes this

It's been 11 1/2 post op for me and my hair is still thin.  I take a lot of protein.  I'm getting worried it's going to say this way.

16 hours ago, la.craig said:

It's been 11 1/2 post op for me and my hair is still thin.  I take a lot of protein.  I'm getting worried it's going to say this way.

It might be worth adding Biotin to your vitamin/mineral schedule Craig - when did you last have your blood work done? 

5 hours ago, cinwa said:

It might be worth adding Biotin to your vitamin/mineral schedule Craig - when did you last have your blood work done? 

A few weeks ago.  Doc said she'd call me if there was anything wrong and I haven't heard from her yet.  I did get Biotin chewables early on but it didn't make a difference.  

I am 7 weeks out and have already gone from 242 to 202.. I'm worried this is too fast. I'm SO SCARED of my hair falling out that I take biotin everyday. I get probably 1/2 of the protein I need daily but I'm doing my best. 

I did lose hair and I could tell it was thinner but other people didn't seem to notice. I had always taken biotin and I continued to take it after surgery. Just try to get as much protein as possible. I continued to use a protein shake once a day for about the first year to up my protein as much as possible. I also ate the dry roasted edamame quite often. Then I got worried about the hormone effects of the soy and don't eat that any more. I eat a cup of Greek yogurt most days. 

Great article! Thank you for sharing. Expected hair loss was one of my questions today at my 1 week post-op check up. The nurse suggested biotin after my one month check up. 

If people are having problems with hair lost they told me to use biotin

On 11/22/2016 at 11:19 PM, la.craig said:

Hi! Have you seen my post about oils for the hair? I've been using it for over a year, no biotin (biotin may make hair grow on your face). My hair is now stronger and thicker that in the past 30 years!

9 hours ago, smallfriefinnway said:

If people are having problems with hair lost they told me to use biotin

Biotin made hair grow on my face, not head.

On 3/16/2016 at 6:32 AM, Amber76bailey said:

If you do try this one on your face and body, let me know how it compares to the grapeseed and almond. Want to know if you notice a big difference from one to the other. 

FYI today has been the best "non hair loss" day so far! It's been 3 weeks on the vitamins and oils.... things are really looking up! I have to say I think quality vitamins is important. I had been taking 10,000 iu of Biotin for 7 months (generic brand 5 dollars) with no results what so ever. ... now with the purvana, 5,000iu and grapeseed extract, horse tail msm and a whole lot of other good stuff has been a huge difference! 

My experience only of course :-) 

Sorry for being off the forum for so long! I've gone through some hard experiences and right now I am recovering from a major surgery.

I can report that within 3 months of using my oil mixture my hair became much thicker and stronger. I started washing is less frequently. Now, one year later, my hair is so thick and curly as it has not been in the past 40 years! It has gone back to when I was 18! It grows much faster and remains clean for 2 weeks!  Which means I only use the oils twice a month now.

I just take Garden of Life vitamins and avoid Biotin like a plague!

For the face and nails, I made  different mixtures, although if this one works well for you, it's fine!

I made oils mixture for the face on the basis on grapeseed oil because it's so light in texture. I've added a lot of other oils and more shea butter that in the hair mixture. I apply it twice a week before going to bed and let it absorb before actually lying down. It works well. My colleagues at work were so impressed, two of them even asked me to make oils for them - and one was anti-wrinkle! The other lady never used face cream before in her life, but she is enjoying mine!

7 hours ago, chris777 said:

Sorry for being off the forum for so long! I've gone through some hard experiences and right now I am recovering from a major surgery.

I can report that within 3 months of using my oil mixture my hair became much thicker and stronger. I started washing is less frequently. Now, one year later, my hair is so thick and curly as it has not been in the past 40 years! It has gone back to when I was 18! It grows much faster and remains clean for 2 weeks!  Which means I only use the oils twice a month now.

I just take Garden of Life vitamins and avoid Biotin like a plague!

For the face and nails, I made  different mixtures, although if this one works well for you, it's fine!

I made oils mixture for the face on the basis on grapeseed oil because it's so light in texture. I've added a lot of other oils and more shea butter that in the hair mixture. I apply it twice a week before going to bed and let it absorb before actually lying down. It works well. My colleagues at work were so impressed, two of them even asked me to make oils for them - and one was anti-wrinkle! The other lady never used face cream before in her life, but she is enjoying mine!

can you post your recipe again please.  

chris777 likes this

10 hours ago, chris777 said:

Biotin made hair grow on my face, not head.

That not good. Sorry about that. They told me that during our class to take it idk but that what they said but makes you wonder

2 hours ago, walkat103 said:

can you post your recipe again please.  

Here it is:

2 tablespoons of coconut oil

2 tablespoons of shea butter

Put these in a heat-proof 0.2 liter jar and put the jar in a bowl with hot water. Gently stir till the content melts.

Add to this:

1 tablespoon of jojoba oil

1 tablespoon of argan oil

Mix very well. Allow to cool slightly.

Add to this mixture:

12 drops each of these essential oils:

lavender

geranium

rosemary.

If your scalp is itchy, you may want to add a dropper-full of neem oil. In my opinion works much better than tea tree oil.

This quantity should be enough for several applications, depending on hair length.

Apply warm mixture to the roots of the hair, wrap the head in a towel and keep for an hour.

Wash your hair as usual.

You can basically use other oils that are good for you - almond, apricot, even olive if it does not produce a burning sensation - but I considered this mixture the best and it worked. If your hair is dry you may double the jojoba oil. The rule for essential oils is to add 2 drops per tablespoon of a basic oil.

Hope that helps.

Edited by chris777