Well let me start off by saying that this surgery not only saved my life and has given me a second chance it has given me the excitement of what my life still has to offer.

Obviously there is a lot of things that nobody here knows what I have been through in this life but that makes me no different then many people. We have all had hardships life struggles and having finally making myself a priority and taking care of myself has given me so much more then I ever thought possible.

Not that this has been an easy 7 months, actually the first 4 felt like a breeze for me it's in the last 3 I have found it more of a struggle with realizing life does resume as normal and there are many things that can happen to lead me right back to old patterns.. So it's a daily work in progress. I have tried to train my brain lol into thinking this is not a diet but a major lifestyle change. I am proud of myself most days and the days I feel down I have good friends and family to pick me back up and nothing makes me more grateful including the people on this site always ready to lend an "ear" lol and advice... I am very happy I have found this site so to all of you thank you. That being said, well I have about a 100 pounds to go, I am skeptical I can do it... But if I want it badly enough I can... And well I will. I try not to focus on the saggy skin, and about how much longer it will take. I'm going to take it day by day and hope for the best. Cause that's the best we can do. It's our choice ladies and gentleman :)

So here's to me and all of you for continued success.........:) :) :)

You've done so well in 7 months there is no reason to believe you won't just keep going and going and going!  Congratulations on your progress so far - it's awesome!

As I started reading your post, I had to stop and see if I wrote it because the thought and feelings behind it are exactly how I feel.  I'm 4 weeks out of surgery and feel great each day know ing that I am changing.  Not only is my appearance changing, but my personality is becoming happier and more positive.  I am becoming a new person inside and out.  It feels amazing and I am ready to continue the journey.  

So far I have spent most of my time at home focusing on eating protein and getting enough liquids.  This week, I started venturing out to shop and run errands.  It has been really hard grabbing food on the go without really thinking about it.  I realized last night that I was starting to get back into my old habits.  I didn't eat my grilled chicken sandwich.   I came home and had a protein shake instead.  

I totally agree with you that this is a lifestyle change and that we have to think about what we are doing all the time until it becomes a habit or a true lifestyle.  For now, I need to plan better.  

You are doing a fantastic job so far. Keep focused. We're all in this long term. All of us.

You are doing phenomenal!

I cannot say anything that hasn't already been said, but just look within, and 'stop the thought' when bad habits reemerge and try to sneak back into your lifestyle.  This is our ONE SHOT at making a huge difference in our lives, our health and our overall well-being.

I would never have believed that I could achieve weight loss and 'gym rat' status in this one short year!

5 1/2 weeks til my 1-year surgiversary and sometimes I'm just astonished at what a difference a year makes.

Keep going, girl!

Edited by smacdona

Hello! I am 9 weeks post op from the sleeve and i have to agree, it is saving my life. I believe it should be a life saving surgery, not an elective surgery.I can tell you i have been over weight most my life and nothing works. I had the band in Jan. 2010 and it failed me last year so i had a revision and switched to the sleeve. I love it. No more fills and no more painful fills. My port site was really sore. I have lost 40 now and now just feeling the difference. I have so much energy and feel lighter on my feet. My clothes are starting to get looser too. Its hard to keep your eye on the prize when you hit your goal weight. At least i am having that issue. Its been so long since i have been healthy think i can't see myself thin again. My family is very supportive too. It is hard getting all your protein in, is for me. I am working on that. In fact, its hard to eat enough. I like that because i feel in control again. I love this website too. Everyone on here has been in our shoes. So they know what we feel like. Its such an emotional roller coaster. I really don't have an outside support group by me. I had my surgery about an hour away so the support groups are far away. I thought about trying over eater anonymous. You have come so far, just think, the next 100 will come off and before you know it you will be writing in here you hit your goal!! I look forward to the day i can go into a misses store. i hate going into the plus sizes. They hide the clothes in another section of the store, they cost so much more and if you want anything nice you have to go to a specialty store and pay through the nose. I try good will and salvation army but not much selection. I don't know about you, but i am looking forward to walking into a room filled with confidence and strength. Or the day i put my first miss size on. I have a bunch of size 16's waiting for me....getting close. Just keep moving forward and live in the moment. It will all come together and one day you will be there...your almost there. I don't really weigh myself because its not about the numbers, its about how i feel and my clothes fit. I hate the numbers. They have been nothing but mean and well,honest. So I wish you continued success and hope to continue hearing from you. Keep up the great attitude. YOU WILL MAKE IT!!  BEST WISHES, RENEE

Amazing work! You can do it. Stay motivated!