bridgetgirl

Callery/Potts kids

Marie,

I don't know how this got to be a blood feud in 6 posts or less, but I want it to be over. I understand now that while I was trying to diffuse the situation with my usual (sarcastic) humor, you were actually doing the same thing in your post. I also apologize to the legions of people on this forum that got to watch us have at it. I took you seriously, because I don't know you very well and didn't know about the sarcastic streak.:o

Keeps life interesting.....you should have seen the flames rise about 2 years ago when I posted something about dancing on tables at the bar....whoo hoo....I don't know if you can even search that far back!

Plus, I must live up to my monikor, lealphachienne:p

Keeps life interesting.....you should have seen the flames rise about 2 years ago when I posted something about dancing on tables at the bar....whoo hoo....I don't know if you can even search that far back!

Plus, I must live up to my monikor, lealphachienne:p

LMAO......can we just see a videotape? :D

as someone who isnt near you "peeps" i really look foward to the support from you all. if having your own means you wont be posting here any longer how will the rest of us get the support we seek in you? i happened to come across this sight by accident and have been blessed to find comfort. im feeling a little sadness when i read this. :(

Check-out this website: http://www.obesityhelp.com/

You will find a support group in your area as well as continue a global forum for the information you will need. This forum continues to be my main forum for information.

Good Luck!

OK so tonight i went to my 2nd meeting ever of the east county support group--what a great group. because of my situation (meeting day conflicted with a previous commitment) and other great excuses i never went. geez, my weight loss life would have been so much simpler had i gone, so Calary kids, here is a FREE, kick back with friends, really great bunch of people who GET IT...(i really wanted to thank you guys it was good for me) so anyway, the REAL reason i'm sticking my nose in here is cause if you were at bridget's tonight, i told a story about exercising. and what i didn't tell you guys about my situps is that i use a cheaters bar. this bar is SOOO CHEAP it'll make ya laugh. the cheater bar (for lack of a better word) supports your head and shoulders so you crunch with your stomach muscles. also i didn't sit down the first day and do 4 million sit ups, i worked up to it. my secret rule is that i have to do as much as i did the day before plus 2, thats why i can do so many. i also keep a written log to keep me honest with myself. its now a source of pride. the last advice (and then i'll shut up) is i HIGHLY recommend if you are going to buy an exercise bike, get the ones that have a regular "chair" (with a flat seat and flat backrest)...my kids bought mine at walmart for 89$ and got the situp gadget there for $19. so whats really cool about all of this....i can do more situps than my kids!!!!!! added together they still can't top me!!!!! ps: i'm 51 years young ha ha ha and 2x a grandma and ain't it cool!!! anyway love this sight, and thanks again bridget for the group! - nancy :cool:

Wooo....I came to the Callery/Potts thread for local input and support...yikes. Luckily I read the whole thing and it did work itself out.

WE HAVE ALL EMBARKED ON THE SAME JOURNEY.....

Some are beginners, some are near goal, some are moving on (reached goal). Each person doesn't have to answer every question, but we all are on this journey. Personally, I appreciate any support and will gladly provide that for those that I can.:confused:

Hi Joanne...abou time I start seeing some NC peeps around! I was getting lonely up here with just Rain and Linda around :)

Hey peeps I wanted to share that I made the suggestion to admin to add a section for US! So that we can post here looking for different peeps, giving updates, news relevant to us or whatever. I talked to a couple of peeps who thought it was cool, so I sent the suggestion. I just wanted to know how those I didnt get the chance to talk to about it thought.

(For anyone reading this post who isnt a Callery/Potts kid, this website is up courtesy of Dr Callery and Dr Potts, ao many posts can be overwhelming... Im sure y'all know what I'm talking about.)

Also, I ran into someone recently who had GBP with Dr Mueller, when I told her that I had her great things about him and told her who MY surgeon was, she said that people at Dr Muellers office "cant stand Dr. C" #%$?!!!!!!!!

Hey Bridget I am soooooooo glad you all did start the forum. I don't have access to a support group here and well I just really think it is cool that you all let us join in with you. I would personally give Dr. Callery and Dr. Potts a hug if I could. Because of this forum I have managed to keep my thoughts together when the going got tough and I had to fight to keep it together. ((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))))))))))) Thanks so much:p I think we all have a common bound that has brought us all together from all over the map

I'm a north county gal too... how do I go about requesting an invite to your 'functions', or get-togethers, without seeming rude or pushy, please?

(I'm still pre-op, but I promise I'll suck in my tummy...) ;)

Thanks everyone,

Nanette

<><

Hi Marie

Thanks, hope to meet all of you in person at the next meeting at Rain's house. :)

Guest HAMPTON5555
I'm a north county gal too... how do I go about requesting an invite to your 'functions', or get-togethers, without seeming rude or pushy, please?

Thanks everyone,

Nanette

<><

Official invite!!!

Come to the North County Support Meeting!!

2nd Tuesday of the month at nmy house Vista/ O'side!!!

Love to have you!

pre-ops post ops spouses etc!!

Rain

Thanks everyone,

Nanette

<><

What is posted here is open to all in regards to the various events. Look for Robin's posts...she's in Hemet and has a support group on Wednesdays each month.