Sue

Whitney

Erica

Julie

Beth

Veronica

Leanne

Andrea

I am so happy everyone is pulling together from out of town but come on where are the Dr Callery & Potts kids - dont you all know Dale personally - she needs your help! whats the deal??? Is there a secret we dont know why are you helping her out??? Come on donate a day of coffee, cant you spare $5.00 for your Dr Callery /Potts Kid?

Also for those that are afraid of paypal you can send Dale an email at daletino@cox.net and she will give you her home address to send a small donation to her that way if you feel better about it. Every $1.00 does help so please send what you can...

Everyone needs help at some time in their life so while you think about helping Dale remember we will all be here to help you when you need help too! so please PAY IT FORWARD!

I am so happy everyone is pulling together from out of town but come on where are the Dr Callery & Potts kids - dont you all know Dale personally - she needs your help! whats the deal??? Is there a secret we dont know why are you helping her out??? Come on donate a day of coffee, cant you spare $5.00 for your Dr Callery /Potts Kid?

Also for those that are afraid of paypal you can send Dale an email at daletino@cox.net and she will give you her home address to send a small donation to her that way if you feel better about it. Every $1.00 does help so please send what you can...

Everyone needs help at some time in their life so while you think about helping Dale remember we will all be here to help you when you need help too! so please PAY IT FORWARD!

FYI... there are only about 15% of us Dr P and Dr C patients that even stick around this site... you "out of towners" have taken over. No hard feelings, its a free website.....

FYI... there are only about 15% of us Dr P and Dr C patients that even stick around this site... you "out of towners" have taken over. No hard feelings, its a free website.....

Wow, I'm in town...but have a different surgeon so I guess I don't know if I should take this personally or not. Sounds like you needed a hug last night...or a drink. :D

I don't see a problem with having a Callery/Potts area. I wish my Doc had a site. I have never once felt left out because I was not a C/P kid. Bridget welcomed me with open arms into her house and gave me so much support. I have called her at home with problems and she has always been there for me. The first night I met her she gave me her home and work number and told me to call her anytime. Come on now thats a very caring person! She is a friend to everyone who needs it. I have to agree with her though that the C/P kids come first for her when it comes to them needing help and support. She just wants to have a place for them to meet up and stay connected with out having to weed threw tons of posts. I understand Bridget. I know you still have love for me even though I am not a C/P kid!

Why not just add yer 'local' buddys to yer buddy lists OR put everyone else on iggy? Then you would only see those posts that you want to see...

I don't see a problem with having a Callery/Potts area. I wish my Doc had a site. I have never once felt left out because I was not a C/P kid. Bridget welcomed me with open arms into her house and gave me so much support. I have called her at home with problems and she has always been there for me. The first night I met her she gave me her home and work number and told me to call her anytime. Come on now thats a very caring person! She is a friend to everyone who needs it. I have to agree with her though that the C/P kids come first for her when it comes to them needing help and support. She just wants to have a place for them to meet up and stay connected with out having to weed threw tons of posts. I understand Bridget. I know you still have love for me even though I am not a C/P kid!

Hey Holly, Marie and I are looking into starting a Yahoo group. Your an adopted Dr C, Dr P kid. So is Cindy, Deniese, 2dogsmom, Van, Brittany, Amber, Marty, SuzyQ and a whole bunch of others..... I love the adopted kids! We are thinking about doing something private to stay connected with each other, post about our lives, feelings, frustrations, struggles, etc..... I feel better getting feedback from people who know me. At this point in my WLS journey, newbies do nothing for ME. Its the those who are past their one year mark where I relate best.

I requested this idea so long ago, I was told someone would get back to me... hasnt happened, so a few of us decided to take matters into our own hands. It will be moderated, moderated in the since that we are just gonna let anybody in it. The decision to add meembers will be voted on, we dont want drama. This doesnt mean the long termers are bailing here, we will still check in and offer advice as we can, but as far as our own funk... its staying with a yahoo group. That way, as friends and confidants, we can confide and not have to worry about people throwing stuff back into our faces, which I experience more times than I comfortable with. I cant bail all together cuz I need the suppor to stay focused.

Thanks for your support of me, your a doll.

Wow, I'm in town...but have a different surgeon so I guess I don't know if I should take this personally or not. Sounds like you needed a hug last night...or a drink. :D

Your not out of town... your in my back yard! Or am I in yours? Hey I quoted the term "out of towner", I didnt make it up!

Hey Holly, Marie and I are looking into starting a Yahoo group. Your an adopted Dr C, Dr P kid. So is Cindy, Deniese, 2dogsmom, Van, Brittany, Amber, Marty, SuzyQ and a whole bunch of others..... I love the adopted kids! We are thinking about doing something private to stay connected with each other, post about our lives, feelings, frustrations, struggles, etc..... I feel better getting feedback from people who know me. At this point in my WLS journey, newbies do nothing for ME. Its the those who are past their one year mark where I relate best.

I requested this idea so long ago, I was told someone would get back to me... hasnt happened, so a few of us decided to take matters into our own hands. It will be moderated, moderated in the since that we are just gonna let anybody in it. The decision to add meembers will be voted on, we dont want drama. This doesnt mean the long termers are bailing here, we will still check in and offer advice as we can, but as far as our own funk... its staying with a yahoo group. That way, as friends and confidants, we can confide and not have to worry about people throwing stuff back into our faces, which I experience more times than I comfortable with. I cant bail all together cuz I need the suppor to stay focused.

Aaaaawwwwww, I got adopted! I was staying out of this thread....actually only recently even read it because it looked so daggone popular. :D I see both sides, but as long as I still have somewhere to go with awesome people, then I'm happy. Bridget, can you pretend I'm a year out? :rolleyes:

Aaaaawwwwww, I got adopted! I was staying out of this thread....actually only recently even read it because it looked so daggone popular. :D I see both sides, but as long as I still have somewhere to go with awesome people, then I'm happy. Bridget, can you pretend I'm a year out? :rolleyes:

Bridget - I was wondering if I could be grafted into the folds of the new group as well? I could, like Marty, pretend I am a year out even though I honestly am not...and if you had a really really huge backyard, I could be in it :D (Thanks for yer consideration :) )

Bridget - I was wondering if I could be grafted into the folds of the new group as well? I could, like Marty, pretend I am a year out even though I honestly am not...and if you had a really really huge backyard, I could be in it :D (Thanks for yer consideration :) )

I have a really biiigggg back yard that we can all hang in!

OKay...let's get on-line tonight and IM to get ideas for a group name or something...if we each started our own group...we could get confused and have to subscribe to a dozen.

Guest HAMPTON5555

Hey peeps,

I finally got my computer fixed and have been catching up on the threads!

I am thinking that what we really might need is a local segment of staplers. That meaning we have that in common. Because we do ge ttogether due to demographics and someties this forum can be too big to incorporate the social stuff we locals get involved with.

I know I could never leave out any body and if any one wants to hang with us, no big deal, it is just what is the goal of having our own home?

Not to exclude but to narrow the interst group to topics that applies to us locals.

So with that said and hopefully not hurting any ones feelings, we could be a So. Cal Staplers. aka S.C.S. :confused:

O.k. maybe not the greatest name, but its a start!

Good to hear from you all again!

Rain

Hey peeps,

I finally got my computer fixed and have been catching up on the threads!

I am thinking that what we really might need is a local segment of staplers. That meaning we have that in common. Because we do ge ttogether due to demographics and someties this forum can be too big to incorporate the social stuff we locals get involved with.

I know I could never leave out any body and if any one wants to hang with us, no big deal, it is just what is the goal of having our own home?

Not to exclude but to narrow the interst group to topics that applies to us locals.

So with that said and hopefully not hurting any ones feelings, we could be a So. Cal Staplers. aka S.C.S. :confused:

O.k. maybe not the greatest name, but its a start!

Good to hear from you all again!

Rain

That's what we've been trying to get set up...but it hasn't happend on this forum and there sems to be a lot of "us vs them" syndrome going around.

Guest HAMPTON5555
That's what we've been trying to get set up...but it hasn't happend on this forum and there sems to be a lot of "us vs them" syndrome going around.

blah, blah, blah!!

My momma always says you can't please everybody!!

We are nice people who care about others and if someone takes it any other way, we are sorry, but what is the option?....not have a local social connection because some of the good folks on this forum live too far??

I think we can all agree that a local segment, holds no harm!

Lets do it!

rain

Rain,

You crack me up! I so love you! There is just so much to go through on here, I am excited to have a place to check on my local peeps, especially those further out, and throwing out short posts about what is going on in everyones lives. Keep me posted. And for the record I think So. Cal Staplers is as good a name as any. :)

Can't I qualify since I lived there for 15 years?? I need directions to the sosh gatherings too! I bet I could get there from here.... BTW, I will be visiting SD in a couple of months... anyone want to meet me in person???:o please...{said in a tiny voice}

Can't I qualify since I lived there for 15 years?? I need directions to the sosh gatherings too! I bet I could get there from here.... BTW, I will be visiting SD in a couple of months... anyone want to meet me in person???:o please...{said in a tiny voice}

Waving hand wildly -- I do! Pick me! Where you going to be at???? I wanna meet you!!! :D

Let me know when this party is going on and I'll be there!!!;)

Lisa,

Just let us know in the social section or here the exact dates that you will be in town and we can put it out there to meet for drinks or coffee or something one of those days!

Look forward to meeting you.

Hey Dave,

Based on your post april 1 you should be about 1 month out from surgery. Is that right? As a person seriously considering the same surgery I would love to know how your first few weeks have been and you are feeling? I reasly hope things are going well for you and that you are pleased with the outcome so far.

Thanks..... Newbe Jan

To Pam and all you "old timers".......I can really understand how as one gets further and further out from surgery and has mostly success with everthing that this forum becomes less and less a part of your lives. BUT...having said that... for those of us who are either trying to make the decison or have just had the surgery and are struggling - it is extremely helpful and inspiring to see what the REAL long term picture is. And by long term I mean the longer the better, since this is a "forever" surgery that can't be undone as far as I know. So any time I see posts from "old timers" I really pay attention and appreciate your input. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to post such important and supportive information for all of us.

Jan

Guest HAMPTON5555
Rain,

You crack me up! I so love you! There is just so much to go through on here, I am excited to have a place to check on my local peeps, especially those further out, and throwing out short posts about what is going on in everyones lives. Keep me posted. And for the record I think So. Cal Staplers is as good a name as any. :)

BTW, are you coming to my support meeting next week??

7:00

My house

Need directions?

Rain

Oooh I am so happy someone wants to meet me!! ;) I will let you know as soon as I get the details figured out when I will be in SD (I miss it soooooo much!).

BTW, are you coming to my support meeting next week??

7:00

My house

Need directions?

Rain

I wish I could but I actually picked up a quazi second job on week nights. After the training process is over I hope to have a chance to come. I miss you guys. I feel like I haven't seen everyone in forever!