• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
vidisarah

64 oz of water or 64 oz fluids?

15 posts in this topic

I am confused. My NUT says to get "64 oz of Fluids in each day". I read on here in some posts that it means ALL fluids, including milk and crystal light. In others, I read that it means 64 oz of WATER plus milk, etc.

I have been including milk, water, decaf coffee and crystal light as part of my 64 oz each day....which one is it?

From my understanding it is fluids. Whether that is water or a protein shake it is a fluid. I personally wouldn't count coffee as it is not value added, but thats me

VonnyLeeuw likes this

The only thing I was told not to count was coffee - everything else - including jello, counts towards your fluid intake.

I was also told fluids, although I try to get 64 oz of just water in a day - not always successfully.

Wonderful! Thank you so much... I was getting worried. That helps a lot!

Diana, its very difficult to get in 64 oz of water only in a day when you are drinking other things and trying to eat a small meal... I agree! I keep a 20 oz water bottle at my side always...helps!

Yes, like others advised any no caffeine and carbonation free  no or low calorie fluids,jello,soup etc....

Edited by KimmieB

I would go with 64 ounces of water. I always make sure I get my water and my protein in before I add others. If I can't get my water in I am not drinking anything else for the day.

I can't drink plain water so I'd be in real trouble!!

✯AprilWine✯ likes this

same here, some days plain water makes me gag - so strange. I drink 3 20 oz bottles of vitamin water zero a day plus decaf tea, crystal light etc...

Yep!  I haven't been able to get down much of any plain water since WLS.  And that's pretty much all I drank pre-op.

We have an artesian well and it's fed by a glacier - the water is great but I can't drink much of it plain.  And neither can I handle anything colder than room temperature.

I was told 64 oz of water - or a variation thereof.  Milk doesn't count on my plan.  Water used to make a protein drink does count. Crystal Light counts, anything decaf made with water (coffee or tea) counts.  But I don't count when I make my shake with milk.  This adds calories and protein to my diet so they are counted separately.

I was told all fluids count, plus popsicles and jello.  I hate plain water, so if I had to drink 64 oz. of it every day I'd be miserable.  Good luck.

Thanks everyone for your great help! Puts my mind at ease. :-)

I was told 64 oz of fluids, but do not count anything with protein in it, like a shake or protein water. That only goes towards my protein count, not fluids. Decaf fluids like coffee, jello, popsicles all count too.

I buy these 33 oz Smartwater bottles and aim for 3 a day. I can't seem to keep track with small bottles. I try to drink one every 4 hours. If I drink 2 I have met the quota, the third is just a plus.