• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
DonnaLou

New with lots of questions!

7 posts in this topic

I have so many questions! My paper work was sent to Aetna on Thursday and I am totally freaking out! :eek:  I have been creeping on this site for quite some time. Everyone seems so knowledgeable and supportive and who doesn't need that in their lives?  :wub:   So here is a little bit about me, I am 37 whole 5’5” (almost 5’6”) and 375 lbs. I have sleep apnea, left ventricle hypertrophy and heart failure; all which is new to me with in the year.  So I guess my question is… Should I expect a denial from Aetna?  I am prepared for a NO and hoping for a YES. But like everything I have encountered in my life I am sure I will have to put up a fight even though I “qualify “by their (Aetna) terms.  So if anyone has had to deal with Aetna it would be nice if you could give me some insight on what is to be expected and is it possible that I will get an approval the first try? I thank anyone in advance for the comments or answers. :D

Hi and welcome!  I don't know about Aetna's policies but it would definitely be approved through Kaiser with BMI over 40 and even more so with co-morbidity Sleep Apnea etc...  I hope you get a  big YES soon!  And welcome from this newbie - it's amazing  here!

Welcome!!! I also do not have Aetna, but I would think it would depend on the extent of the heart issues.  If you can get (or have gotten) past the cardiac clearance stage, you should be okay.

Welcome to T-T. I think there is a sub-forum for insurance -- you might find some more info there.

Good luck with your insurance approval!

Hi all and thank you!! I am glad I decided to join instead of just creeping around LOL! I've look through some of the insurance section and plan to continue looking threw it for some answers.

hi Donna and welcome, I also have aetna, I called them prior and asked them what was covered on my specific plan, iam 52 with lupus and a bmi of 41 they told me on my plan everything was covered 90%

i also have medicare part a &b and they are picking up the other 10%

call aetna and ask on your specific policy, its very relieving to know this information

SRB527 likes this

Welcome!  Sure hope you hear from Aetna soon....  :)