porshh951

Ask a body builder..... Guys unite

28 posts in this topic

Seriously this is my goal to start heavy lifting. Not those numbers...I may die! I need a personal trainer.

Well you're female.  You don't want or need to lift that weight.  It wouldn't look good on you.  Women should look strong but still feminine.

To lift heavy you do two things in general.  Lift light and high reps - like 4 sets of 15 and "fail".  It doesn't matter the weight - just to failure.  Where you can't do another rep.

But get a trainer who knows what he/she is doing to get to your max weight for a single rep.  Then build on it.  Its a process that you should not do on your own.  And you need a spotter.

Its fun, really.

But don't neglect cardio.  

duffman27 and GettinKinny like this

Well you're female.  You don't want or need to lift that weight.  It wouldn't look good on you.  Women should look strong but still feminine.

To lift heavy you do two things in general.  Lift light and high reps - like 4 sets of 15 and "fail".  It doesn't matter the weight - just to failure.  Where you can't do another rep.

But get a trainer who knows what he/she is doing to get to your max weight for a single rep.  Then build on it.  Its a process that you should not do on your own.  And you need a spotter.

Its fun, really.

But don't neglect cardio.  

I love cardio, HIIT training way too much to neglect it.

I do lift weights but I stay around the 10-15 pound weight. My goal right now is to lose weight so I am focusing there...As soon as a level out and want to put on more muscle I will hire a personal trainer. I wouldn't do it on my own....too risky and can cause injury...No thanks!

Aviator likes this

I love the weights, but the nutritionist told me that I am not getting enough protein this early to do them.  I need to work on my core muscles so that I can get my arthritis whipped back into submission.  I used to do 45 minutes of cardio and an hour of weights 5 to 6 times a week.  Gotta get back to it.

Aviator and duffman27 like this