2Bme

Reality Check

7 posts in this topic

I have not logged my food on MyFitnessPal for a long while, probably over a year. I noticed recently that i have been gaining a little bit of weight. I told myself it was a natural fluctuation, I would only worry about it if it hit 160. Well, this morning  (with pjs on) it hit 160. Of course, i took off the pjs and weighed again, whew, 159.8. Hmmm... If I am quibbling over ounces then I am in trouble!

I finally remembered and recorded everything i ate/drank today. It was a normal day, nothing special and I did not behave any better or worse then usual. Then this evening I logged it into MyFitnessPal. I was SHOCKED!!!! 1861 calories, only 70 grams of protein. I was lucky to eat 1000 calories at a year out. Wow, it is much too easy to get in all those extra calories.

I am still above my goal of 145, never hit it. I hit 152 low when I was in the hospital for pancreatis. However, except for the hospital my lowest was 156, I think.  So i am going to reconfirm my commitment

1. I am going to stop gaining weight.

2. I am going to lose weight and return to 156 pounds.

3. I will exercise at least 30 minutes 2 times a week. (not at all right now)

4. I will increase the protein in my diet

It's good to see you again!

Yep!  WLS gives us a tool to help us initially shed the pounds - after that, we have to take control.

I admire you for stepping up and dealing with those few pesky pounds before they start breeding.

Good to see you around:) I'm proud of you for nipping this thing in the bud. You sound committed and re-invigorated so I am sure you will be able to do it. Definitely use that food log, it's like truth serum. Sounds like this is the second wind you need to get to that goal. You've got this!

conniesb likes this

Thank you Cinwa and BugDocMom. I need the accountability and a cheer team.  :)

Good for you! I still log everything in Sparkpeople even when I realllly realllly don't want to, LOL! (Like I KNOW what the day's totals will look like when I eat some of that Lo Mein instead of the Egg Drop Soup, sigh)

Good luck and we're rootin' for ya!

Nancy

I know what your going thru. It is an everyday work in progress. If im not careful I get sucked into gving in from friends and family, just eat this or this wont hurt, like tonite my neighbor had pizza and yes I gave in to one piece but now feelin guilty. Im not making such good choices but I have stuck to my excersize bike and situps every nite. I still need to get a grip, lol. We can do this.

It seems that my body wants to weigh 159 pounds. Every time I drop lower, something always happens and brings it back up again.

I watch my diet, exercise, etc... I don't snack after dinner. I have had health issue where I will drop 5 to 10 pounds and as soon as the health issue is resolved, bing, back to 159pd. I track everything on myfitnesspal.

I keep trying to go lower. My body seems to want to stay at 159pd. Hmmmm. Not sure how to get it to reset itself and allow for a lower number.