Jersey Girl in FL

Anyone stuck losing weight? I might have a solution

Hi everyone.

So since July I had only lost 10 lbs. I had started working out in Sept on and off around 4 times a week 30 min of cardio on my bow flex climber. I thought I was still eating healthy to. Hardly any carbs.

Well I got discouraged by people telling me I lost all I could....I knew it was bull because in my early 20s I held my weight at around 160.

So anyway ever hear of the 17 day diet?

So many people in my office are on it and they were loosing an average of 10 lbs in the first 17 days. So I said what the hell and bought it. Well to my surprise it worked! I lost 10 lbs in 17 days. Yesterday I started stage 2 and just weighed myself and I lost another lb already.

Give it a try!!! I promise you won't be disappointed. It's pretty much how we were taught to eat with a little twist to it.

Edited by cinwa

I tried the 17 Day Diet many times pre-op. I would lose 10lbs the first week then a little the second week but I would start gaining it back in the second cycle. It's a good diet if you can stick to it. Not too much different from what I am doing now post-op!

I'm on the 2 nd cycle and keep loosing. I think this might be a good tool for post op yr and half or longer...

You are still in your honeymoon pd so you should be fine :)

What is it??

I had the surgery to eradicate "diets" from my life and to start up healthy living for life. Ill continue to plod away :-)

what is the 17 day diet ? I have been stuck between 203-206 and need to loose at least another 60-70 lbs. I have been a slow looser I had surgery 9/25/12 at the start of the 2 week pre op I was 259 DOS I was 242 today I am 204. I need to do something because not hitting wonderland and not being close to my goal is killing me. can you please give me the info for this 17 day diet I need to try something.

what is the 17 day diet ? I have been stuck between 203-206 and need to loose at least another 60-70 lbs. I have been a slow looser I had surgery 9/25/12 at the start of the 2 week pre op I was 259 DOS I was 242 today I am 204. I need to do something because not hitting wonderland and not being close to my goal is killing me. can you please give me the info for this 17 day diet I need to try something.

Not to threadjack - but have you taken a good look at your daily menu?  Do you track calories/carbs/etc?  That may be a good place to start.  Getting on the "diet" roller coaster could be counter productive.

It's worth a shot. I just lost 14 lbs in one month. I was stuck too. I had stop eating the little bit of carbs I was having. Worked out and weight crawled off. I think this is a good jump start diet. The book it called the 17 day diet. It has 3 phases each phase lasts 17 days. If you still need to loose more weight, after the 3 rd phase is done you start from the 1st phase again. If you want e-mail me and I will send you snap shot of the first phase if you want to try it. Michscala@aol.com. :)

Thank you Jersey Girl. I have been on the 17 day diet for 3 days and already down 5 pounds!!!!!

Thank you Jersey Girl. I have been on the 17 day diet for 3 days and already down 5 pounds!!!!!

That's awesome! Took me a week to loose 5 lbs. so happy for you! Keep me posted on your loss.

Hi Jersey Girl,

Taylorae mentioned this diet on another post and I decided to give it a try.  What attracted me was the idea that this could rev up your metabolism which I need desperately.  Started on Monday and I am down 5 lbs!  This is a great boost not only to my metabolism by to my emotional well being.  I was getting so down about not losing and stalls that I felt like I was becoming emotionally unbalanced.  I am back to my old happy self and because it is so similar to how I am supposed to eat anyways...I really don't feel like I am on a diet at all.

I realize that some people on here are not all that supportive about this and I get that, but it is working wonders for me.

Thank you for this.  

Here's the basics of the 17 Day Diet - http://www.the17daydiet.com/

Days 1 – 17 are to “Accelerate” on a low carbohydrate diet that provides around 1200 calories.  Eat unlimited lean meat and no-starch vegetables, two fat-free plain yogurts and two low-sugar fruits, a bit of oil, green tea, and 64 ounces of water a day.  Typical for any low carb diet, fat-burning and fluid loss is favored during those days. 

Days 18 – 34 are to “Activate” by calorie cycling (aka calorie shifting or calorie zigzagging), which means that the daily calorie intake cycles and recycles from low to high over the course of several days.  The goal is to trick the metabolism to prevent it from slowing down.  Two servings of whole grains are added to the above to raise the average calorie intake to 1500 a day.     

Days 35 – 51 are to “Achieve” good eating habits that last a lifetime.  This phase is the same as “Activate” except that lean meat is no longer unlimited and more grains and fruit are added, along with an optional serving of alcohol and a 100-calorie snack.  In other words, the low carb diet is 'Out' and a balanced low-calorie diet is 'In' sans the processed food.

Day 52 and on are to “Arrive” at a lifelong eating plan, which is a constant cycling through phases 1, 2 and 3 - until the weekends when you can splurge.  But don’t binge, says Dr. Mike, and if you gain more than 5 pounds, return immediately to phase 2.

You can get a deal on Amazon for new or used:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=The+17+Day+Diet

I bought the book by Chris Powell. He teaches you how to carb cycle.  Have you tried this? I have not started on it yet. I have not seen the scale move in 2 months!!!

I know when I did weight watchers there is a thing called the Windi Plan which is calorie cycling... I heard lots of people say it worked for them. I might file this away for later on if needed.

A diet is just another tool to put in the box. Thanks for sharing JerseyGirl.

I'm stuck and have been so pretty much all summer so I may try this.  Thank you!

No more diets for me. That is the reason I got gastric. I wanted off the rollercoaster ride on losing and gaining. I stick to a healthy lean and clean eating every single day. I lost half my body weight and maintain that loss going on 4 years.