vmintegui

How much weight the first month?

Today is my one month surgiversary. I've lost 21lbs.

Is this a good amount of weight loss in the first month?

How much did you lose in your first month?

don't recall how much I lost, but really, as long as the scale continues to move the right direction, you're good. I am so waiting for the weather to break so I can get outside to get some exercise.

My month anniversity is 1 day away and I'm at a 25lb loss, so we are pretty close. I'm shooting for 10lb + a month moving forward for hopefully awhile.

One month yesterday!  Lost 16.5 since surgery (10 before).  Everything is relative, tho... My day-of-surgery weight was 210. 

Slow and steady wins the race!  Hard for me to remember that at times, but at my checkup this morning the doc was very pleased!  Better than the scale, was just taken off ALL BP meds today!  yeee-haw!

I hit 24 pounds in the first week.  I think a lot of that was water weight though.

The 24 pound mark was Sunday.  I just weighed tonight (Tuesday) and lost 1 more pound.  If that "post water weight drop" rate holds, I'll lose 10-12 more pounds by the end of the month, so around 34-36 pounds total (which I am more than satisfied with).

:)

I agree with farmington - as long as it doesn't go up, you're doing good.  :)

And it depends on where you start weight-wise and BMI-wise.

After I have my surgery, I expect I will lose quite a lot of weight considering where I am starting.

Edited by JRH

I've only lost 27lbs post op and I'm 2 months out. You're doing awesome! I think I stood in the slow line.... <_<

I had lost 23 in the first month - which everyone is different... but I was (and still am) VERY happy to see the numbers drop each month!

I think you are doing great. I think I lost about 15 pounds the first month. I am a slow loser, but as stated slow and steady wins the race. I really am not concerned about how fast it is coming off. I averaged about 10-12 pounds a month the first 6 months. It then slowed to 7 pounds a month. I think I lost 4 pounds last month. As long as I stay going in the right direction. My goal right now is to hit the 100 pound mark. That's 5 more pounds. Don't know when that will happen, but it will.

I'm 5 weeks out and have lost 23lbs.  Since I've went back to food (vs liquid diet), I've lost about 5lbs in 2 weeks.

Edited by Jolls

I lost 22 pounds the first month.

Started at 324.2...date of surgery (9/16/13) 318...10/16/13 - 284.2.  39.6 lbs in the first month.  Happy!

15 pounds in the first 2 weeks, then a stall since then!

The bigger you are the more you should lose.

I lost 45 lbs 30 days out! :) 

in the last 27 days I have lost 8 lbs. :(

I would like to see more but in due time.

Ha!  Nice to see this old thread I posted in.  Looks like I lost 23lbs in the first 5 weeks, which isn't a ton considering where I started at.  But boy did it pick up its pace after that.  I am still losing 10lbs a month at 8 months out.

I had my surgery 19 days ago on November 20th, 2013. As of today i have lost 35 pounds. I know my month isn't up yet. I will check back in 12 days on my first month surgiversary. I am 5' 2" and my starting weight was 220 pounds. My BMI was 40.23. I believe my BMI is 33.? right now. I am considered a light weight so I was not expecting to lose much. I am not sure where it is coming from, though. I see a slight change in my face and double chin lol! But not much difference anywhere else. I know half of it has to be water weight! But it is definitely true that it varies for everyone! Don't get discouraged by smaller numbers...slow or quick we will all get there in time. Do not go in expecting large or small numbers because you just never know!

Hello everyone!

Today is the one month anniversary of my sleeve procedure and I am pleased to report that as of this morning at the doctor's office, I have lost 34 pounds and gained a ton in quality of life! 

Edited by Christian P

Hi yesterday was my post op appointment with my surgeon. I'm off blood pressure meds YEAGH! And I have lost 26 pounds since my surgery.(22 days ago) Since I started this in June, I have lost 41 pounds! I feel great and am living my sleeve!

I was one month post of two days ago.  I said I would come back on my 1 month post op day.  I had to do a 3 day yogurt and water diet and then I had my surgery.  I am including my three day pre op diet as well.  I, as of 12/20/13, have lost 40 pounds even.  I went from 220 lbs to 180 lbs!!!  I haven't been this size in many many many years!  My kids have never seen me at this weight.  That being said I am having a hard time seeing a 40 pound difference.  Everyone else seems to notice, but I really can't tell.  However, being only 1 month out and over halfway to my first goal of 150 lbs, I can NOT complain!  Happy to see it go and I am loving seeing the scale moving in the right direction every week! <3  Good luck to everyone on your sleeve journeys!!! 

(I am 5' 2" and started out at 220 lbs...One month surgiversary was 12/20/13 and I weighed 180!  And I have gotten comments on the fact that I started out at "only" 220 lbs...My BMI was 40, I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I am only 5ft 2in.  I have been obese for the past 7 and a half years and for health reasons and happiness reasons I needed this done.  I had just as much right to have this as everyone else, so please...no negative comments.  I was just tired of the hair that is growing on my face, which, as a woman, doesn't feel too feminine.  I was also tired of the chin that has grown under my original one which made the hair even more noticeable.  I am sick of shaving every morning like a man knowing that I am only making the hair a more permanent thing.  I was sick of the back fat and the stomach that hung past the top of my jeans hanging under any shirt I wore and forcing me to wear maternity jeans.  And staring into my future of heart problems as my Grandma on my dad's side died from COPD, My Grandma on my mom's side died from congestive heart failure, my uncle on my dad's side just died a week and a half ago from COPD, and my Dad himself had a quadruple bypass a few years ago when he was barely 40.  I have two kids that I refuse to miss watching grow up, get married, and have me some grandbabies many many many years from now.  I am 24 and I wanted to get this done BEFORE all of the health problems get to the point of no return.  I just want to know that I am healthy and be able to go outside and run around and play with my babies (5 and 6 years old) while they are still young and think I'm cool!)

Edited by chunky_dunk

Oh, and congrats on the over 100 pound weight loss to the lady that started this post!  Very motivating!!! :D

I was one month post of two days ago.  I said I would come back on my 1 month post op day.  I had to do a 3 day yogurt and water diet and then I had my surgery.  I am including my three day pre op diet as well.  I, as of 12/20/13, have lost 40 pounds even.  I went from 220 lbs to 180 lbs!!!  I haven't been this size in many many many years!  My kids have never seen me at this weight.  That being said I am having a hard time seeing a 40 pound difference.  Everyone else seems to notice, but I really can't tell.  However, being only 1 month out and over halfway to my first goal of 150 lbs, I can NOT complain!  Happy to see it go and I am loving seeing the scale moving in the right direction every week! <3  Good luck to everyone on your sleeve journeys!!! 

(I am 5' 2" and started out at 220 lbs...One month surgiversary was 12/20/13 and I weighed 180!  And I have gotten comments on the fact that I started out at "only" 220 lbs...My BMI was 40, I was diagnosed with PCOS, and I am only 5ft 2in.  I have been obese for the past 7 and a half years and for health reasons and happiness reasons I needed this done.  I had just as much right to have this as everyone else, so please...no negative comments.  I was just tired of the hair that is growing on my face, which, as a woman, doesn't feel too feminine.  I was also tired of the chin that has grown under my original one which made the hair even more noticeable.  I am sick of shaving every morning like a man knowing that I am only making the hair a more permanent thing.  I was sick of the back fat and the stomach that hung past the top of my jeans hanging under any shirt I wore and forcing me to wear maternity jeans.  And staring into my future of heart problems as my Grandma on my dad's side died from COPD, My Grandma on my mom's side died from congestive heart failure, my uncle on my dad's side just died a week and a half ago from COPD, and my Dad himself had a quadruple bypass a few years ago when he was barely 40.  I have two kids that I refuse to miss watching grow up, get married, and have me some grandbabies many many many years from now.  I am 24 and I wanted to get this done BEFORE all of the health problems get to the point of no return.  I just want to know that I am healthy and be able to go outside and run around and play with my babies (5 and 6 years old) while they are still young and think I'm cool!)

Good to see I wasn't the only "light weight" that received negative comments from heavier posters.  One poster in particular acts like a bully to "lightweights", hence why I decided to be more active on another popular site.

I think the only time I've ever said anything about someone going for such a drastic measure as surgery, was when I saw a young lady who weighed 170 or 180 lbs. I think this is too drastic for a weight that low.

I think any woman that weighs over 200 lbs is most definitely obese and should qualify, given that she has exhausted all other options, and that she doesn't have an extreme body structure (like she's 6'6" or something).

I'm 5'3" and I now weigh in the two-teens. I would have been more cautious if I had started at this weight, but I still would have considered surgery if I had exhausted all other options.

I have yet to see a "bully" on this site wholeheartedly against "lightweights". But the concern is there of course. I think some feel this is a cosmetic surgery and a miracle pill. It most certainly is not. It is a life changing event that cannot be reversed and certainly worth thinking about.

You can always tell the folks that are looking at this as a way to drop 20-50 lbs before bathing suit season. For the most part, we do not get those sorts of posters here. Most people's weight concerns are legitimate.

I am only 7 days post op but today I had to go in for another surgery, unreleated to this, I had to get on the scale before surgery and i gained 6 pounds in 7 days. Not quite sure how that can happen, I have hardly had anything to eat maybe no more than 50 calories a day......any guesses?

I am only 7 days post op but today I had to go in for another surgery, unreleated to this, I had to get on the scale before surgery and i gained 6 pounds in 7 days. Not quite sure how that can happen, I have hardly had anything to eat maybe no more than 50 calories a day......any guesses?

Water from the IV fluids from your WLS, and retaining water as well from the body's sodium count.

Your body will break eventually and you'll pee off the water.  Keep pushing fluids, and get the protein count as high as you can.  It will work.  It just needs time. 

Chunk_dunk, what great weight loss you've accomplished.

I've tried everything for hair removal: laser, prescription creams, plucking....and truly, truly the permanent solution is electroysis.   I did it one summer every two weeks and I know only have to go back twice a year.  It works and it is NOT expensive at all.