farmington

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Always liked fat tuesday because it felt like there was a holiday just for me. LOL. Around here its now Packzi day (pronounced poonch-key) for the fat ladened donuts that are sold. Felt so good to ignore the 5 dozen of those monsters someone brought into work today. Hope everybody is able to ignore these things like I did.

My coworker brought in a HUGE and heavily sugared King Cake.  It's a foot behind me and I've been smelling it all day. I'm ready to cry. LOL

I live not five minutes from one of the best bakeries in Pittsburgh and the Packzi's are a plenty there. Luckily it is cold out so when I drove near the bakery, I couldn't smell anything with the windows up. 

Noone said its easy... BUT they promise its worth it!

I made Gumbo and King Cakefor my family tonight.  I'm still on liquids.  My middle child said to me "Oh Mommy, I feel so bad for you"  I said "Why?"  "Because you can't taste your amazing Gumbo". 

The Gumbo I missed- the King Cake- nope- but I'm not a sweets girl.

Fat Tuesday made me want to have one of those super yummy daiquiris from the bar/restaurant Fat Tuesdays. I miss having one in the Twin Cities!

I miss the King Cake my mom makes every year:)