Sign in to follow this  
adriane

My Hair is Falling Out!

Oh man. Five months out and it hit me - my hair is falling out. :( I have my six month blood work in a couple weeks to check all of my levels across the board. My primary care physican assured me he won't let me go bald. But, it's still concerning to run your hand through your hair and get a clump out every time! I don't even want to touch my hair! I've stopped my hair appointments to not put any dye on it or anything.

Any other tips, folks? I'm taking biotin and my multi/iron/calcium as usual. Maybe I need to up the protein again.

Just wait it out. I have lost over half my hair (which was very thin to begin with). I'm told it starts to grow back at 1 year post op. Looking forward to that day.....

You have my empathy.

I got Ovation Cell Therapy for Christmas and it is definitely making my hair feel anf look 100 times better. I just had to cut my hair more since the "grow out from the fall out" looked like Barbie did when you cut her hair as a child. If you watch the Ovation website, sometimes they have specials on packages to get started. It is kinda pricey though.

I'm 7 months out. Mine stared falling out at 4 months post op. I started with thick hair thank God. Just had my 6 month post op, I was reassured its a side effect and it will stop. Fr most it's around 9 months post op some longer. I just stared Biotin so can't help you on feed back, Ovation is very expensive for my wallet.

I'm 7 months out. Mine stared falling out at 4 months post op. I started with thick hair thank God. Just had my 6 month post op, I was reassured its a side effect and it will stop. Fr most it's around 9 months post op some longer. I just stared Biotin so can't help you on feed back, Ovation is very expensive for my wallet.

It is really expensive! My aunt got it for me as a gift and sometimes they have specials to make the hit not so bad. I have really short hair too so that helps keep the cost down when a nickel size dab will do ya! :)

Just wait it out. I have lost over half my hair (which was very thin to begin with). I'm told it starts to grow back at 1 year post op. Looking forward to that day.....

You have my empathy.

me too but tho fine I had a lot of hair. Those that know me have commented on how thin my hair is now. At almost 10 months I'm back to a normal shedding amount and am seeing lots of new growth. Little hairs sticking up everywhere. Downside- they're all coming in grey.

My physician said it is from lack of protein, up your protein and it should help.

The hair loss is going to happen no matter what product you use or how much protein you get. There is not much you can do about it. I had a major loss and it hsa grown back in now. I started losing mine at 2 months out and it last for about 8 months now at almost 3 years out it has grown back in. It is hard to deal with but it will come back in just try to be patient.

It was definitely hard emotionally when my hair started falling out. I did up my protein, took biotin in addition to my regular vitamins and I used Shea Moisture hair products. It will stop, don't worry your self to much.

The hair loss is going to happen no matter what product you use or how much protein you get. There is not much you can do about it. I had a major loss and it hsa grown back in now. I started losing mine at 2 months out and it last for about 8 months now at almost 3 years out it has grown back in. It is hard to deal with but it will come back in just try to be patient.

This. So much more than protein will cause hair loss. Hormones, anesthesia, shock of surgery on the body. There's really no one answer or reason.

I may give that shampoo a try when I save some $$. Thanks for the tips, everyone. I know stressing will probably just make it worse!

*sigh* me too. Every time I brush or shampoo, I can grab a handful of strands. Thankfully I started out with a lot. I have a 2 year old, and the same thing happened when he was about 4 or 5 months old. I feel like I pick my hair out of everything.