• Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:242
  • Current Weight:233
  • Goal Weight:135
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):42
  • Surgery Date:11/29/2012
  • Surgery Type:Vertical Sleeve

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Surgery date for sleeve 11/29/12. Just had psych evaluation & nutrition counselor......made it real to me that I'm really going to do this. I'm so scared of regretting it. Anyone else feeling/felt this way?

#2 HarleyRidingGrandma

HarleyRidingGrandma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Farah Husain
  • Hospital:St. Joseph's
  • Height (ft-in):5-06
  • Goal Weight:130
  • Surgery Date:09/20/2012

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Before I had my sleeve, I started telling everyone, even though I had originally planned to tell no one, because I thought that would keep me from backing out should I turn "chicken". I kept waiting for the nervousness to set in, but it never did. On the morning of surgery, I woke up as excited as I am on the morning that we leave for a trip. I knew in my heart, that I was starting a new life that day. One that would enable me to do far more than I could physically do at that point. Just dwell on that....

#3 Natlee36

Natlee36

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Graber
  • Hospital:Fax ton St. Lukes
  • Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:242
  • Current Weight:233
  • Goal Weight:135
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):42
  • Surgery Date:11/29/2012

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Thank you for that! I recently have begun to tell people, although I think mainly to ease my conscious of thinking I'm cheating and worrying so much what people will say. I live in a very small town so everyone will know. What made you choose the sleeve over the other two HarleyRidingGrandma?

#4 farmington

farmington

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • Surgeon:chengelis
  • Hospital:beaumont
  • Height (ft-in):5-09
  • Start Weight:365
  • Current Weight:199
  • Goal Weight:199
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):28.6
  • Surgery Date:06/11/12

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:45 AM

I took some time before I chose the sleeve and wouldn't trade my sleeve for either one now. Best decision I ever made.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wm0vBbr/]
Posted Image

#5 katherinep

katherinep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Surgeon:Dr. Albert Wetter
  • Hospital:El Camino
  • Height (ft-in):5-01
  • Start Weight:225
  • Current Weight:148
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):28.3
  • Surgery Date:09/19/2012

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

I often feel that the best way to get nervousness out is to share it with others. I felt kind of the same way and my friends on TT made me feel so much better. I also chose the sleeve and am thrilled with it. Add me as a friend and I will be happy to be your cheer leader!

weight.png

#6 HarleyRidingGrandma

HarleyRidingGrandma

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Farah Husain
  • Hospital:St. Joseph's
  • Height (ft-in):5-06
  • Surgery Date:09/20/2012

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:59 AM

Thank you for that! I recently have begun to tell people, although I think mainly to ease my conscious of thinking I'm cheating and worrying so much what people will say. I live in a very small town so everyone will know. What made you choose the sleeve over the other two HarleyRidingGrandma?

I liked the idea of not having my intestines detached, part of them removed and then being reattached, so I was leaning that way from the start. Once I saw the surgeon and found out that the sleeve was her procedure of choice, I was sold. She told me that people say that sleevers don't lose as much weight as fast as those with gastric bypass, but that has not been her experience at all and that her sleeve patients lose on an equal level with her bypass patients. Once she told me that with the sleeve, I would be able to eat anything I wanted, just would only be able to hold a small amount, I knew it was the right choice for me. It must be working for me - I am 6.5 weeks post-op. I eat pasta, bread, and whatever I want - just eat about 5 bites and I am stuffed, and I have lost 42 lbs. in that short amount of time.

Edited by HarleyRidingGrandma, 06 November 2012 - 08:01 AM.