XnicholeX

Average weight loss

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone know, What is the average % weight loss each month for sleeve patients after surgery? I am about 115-120 lbs overweight right now. :(

I needed to lose 130 lbs. when I started this. I was down 32.4 last time I posted my stats, which was Sunday, but I weighed this morning and I am down another 1.5 lbs. so am at 33.9 lbs. lost in 4.5 weeks. The surgeon told me that I am doing awesome but that I can expect it to slow down into the teen's the next month. Sorry, I am not much help but am only have experience with one month's loss so far.

My surgeon told me the average is 60% of excess body weight. He gave me a number...and asked me if that was an acceptable number at my initial consultation. I told him it was not - I would work to lose more. That was before I had the surgery. Before I knew ANYTHING.

Now I'm 2 1/2 months out and I KNOW FOR A FACT that I will never limit myself to 'average' thinking. Averages include people that DO and DON'T try as hard as they can to take advantage of this gift.

This girl is gonna blow the average to bits. And that's coming from a girl that knows a thing or two now... :)

Average would dictate that I would only lose 88.2 lbs. Yeah, right! LOL at that even being a remote possibility!

Edited by smacdona
nsquared likes this

My surgeon told me the average is 60% of excess body weight. He gave me a number...and asked me if that was an acceptable number at my initial consultation. I told him it was not - I would work to lose more. That was before I had the surgery. Before I knew ANYTHING.

Now I'm 2 1/2 months out and I KNOW FOR A FACT that I will never limit myself to 'average' thinking. Averages include people that DO and DON'T try as hard as they can to take advantage of this gift.

This girl is gonna blow the average to bits. And that's coming from a girl that knows a thing or two now... :)

Average would dictate that I would only lose 88.2 lbs. Yeah, right! LOL at that even being a remote possibility!

LOVE IT!!!

Smacdona- in the 2 1/2 months,.. How much have you lost?

Smacdona- in the 2 1/2 months,.. How much have you lost?

I started dieting (for reals) on 8/1/12. (312 lbs. baseline)

My surgery was 8/13/12 (288 / -22 lbs. total loss)

One month post-op appt. on 9/14/12 (265 / -47 lbs. total loss / 25 since surgery)

Two months post-op: 10/13/12 (262 / -60 lbs. total loss / 38 since surgery)

Currently at 68 lbs. total loss / 46 since surgery, gunning for 75 for my 3 month post-op appt.

Up to this point I hadn't broken things down to pre/post op - because for me, it all started on 8/1/12 when I had a date, and life changed dramatically overnight. It's weird how much of this is mental. My switch was flipped on at that moment.

My friend is a PhD in nursing (I call her Doctor Nurse); and we were at a dinner party this past weekend. She found the changes in me to be remarkable; not just the weight loss, my attitude, my positivity. She was startled by the 180 degree difference in everything about me and asked what did it? I said HOPE. That is all I can put it down to. It's a powerful emotion.

I'm a gym rat now. It's like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". Seriously, who is this woman I'm becoming? I work out every other day, at a minimum. I do 45 minutes on the elliptical almost daily. I do weight training every other day. This week, I changed things up a bit and only did the cardio/elliptical for 45 minutes each day. I think it is necessary to make small changes in your routine to kickstart your body now and then.

I was barely fitting into 3X / 26-28 clothes when this started. I couldn't find any clothes to wear at stores. This week I'm wearing 1X and regular XL clothes. My closet has become this little treasure trove of things I haven't worn in a decade (thankfully some style doesn't change that much!); because I'm determined not to buy things until they are closer to the new me in size.

I've lost 90% so far and still counting

My dr. told me between 60% and 70% of body weight within a year. But really I think each person is different, and each person loses different. So we really shouldn't compare ourselves to the "average" person, or to anyone else at that! You will lose at the speed, and amount that's perfect for you!!

I am now 7 weeks post op and am down 46 lbs. Have gone from a size 24 jeans to a size 18W. I plan to defy any of the averages and blow this thing wide open....

1st month down 42lbs. I just got clearance for the gym and pool so i hope it doesn't slow down.

That is awesome!!

I'm 2 1/2 lbs. away from that 60% number. Planning to hit the 70% number by January 1st. Let's keep rocking the numbers and blowing away the averages, folks! I recently noticed that the ticker marks along the bottom are at 10% intervals. Fun to watch it slide to the right side.

Edited by smacdona

Hi,

I had the gastric sleeve a week ago 4/3/17.

Before surgery or clear liquid diet, I weighed 242 lbs and my BMI was 37 and 5'8 in height. Once I started the 2 week clear liquid diet before surgery I lost a total of 13lbs . The day of surgery I weighed in at 229lbs. I'm one week out and currently weigh 221lbs so I've lost a total of 8 lbs during the first week . I've already seen the Doctor for my first check upon yesterday  and he says I'm doing great, although I need to increase my protein intake which I will get in top of that today. Hope this was Helpful. Good Luck 

Welcome to Thinner Times Ksy!  Sounds like you're off to a great start.