ksc51

6 years out and never got to goal

Hi all,

I'm new here, and so glad i found this site. Long story short, i've been heavy all my life, even as a small child. I always had a hard time losing weight no matter what I tried.

It took me 2 years to decide to have this surgery. In November 2006 i had RNY done. I started at 355 pounds and got down to 235 pounds. I'm now at 237 pounds, so i'm thankful i've not gained much, but i'm not losing either. I've been at this weight for years.

I eat healthy and exercise the best i can as i still have knee problems, also take vitamins.

I'm glad for the weight i've lost but i had this surgery to help me get down to a normal weight. My bmi is still showing me as being highly obese as i'm only 5'3".

So now i'm considering revision surgery and have been doing research on it. I'm a bit scared as it is riskier. I had my weight loss surgery laprascopic with no complications at all. The doctor who did my surgery isn't there anymore so i'm doing research on doctors in my area also.

I know the first step is to make an appt. with a doctor and go from there, but I would love to hear any input from you all. Has anyone else had this same problem with RNY? What is the best revision to lose more? Any advice appreciated. Thank you all.

Karen

Karen,

I'm only 2 years out and haven't had any issues, no complications, no regain yet. So....I can't really respond to your question, just wanted ya to know TT is the BEST place for support, information, shoulders to cry on, and all this from folks who have been through it!

Good luck to you and keep us posted!

Nancy

Thank you Nancy, right now i'm not sure what to do other than make an appt. with the doctor and see what he suggests. Congrats! on your weight loss :)

Karen

Hello Karen! I understand your concerns and worries. I am 7 years post-op and have considered a revision as well but honestly can not afford it and the risk are greater. With 2 children now that is not a risk I am willing to take. 2 years ago my weight began to creep back on and it was the wake call I needed. I started back to the basics. Protein train. I ditched the solids for awhile, joined a gym and began Zumba. Before I knew it the pounds were falling off. 2 years later I am still in the gym, I am now -202 pounds gone from my heighest weight, I not only do ZUMBA but I take Yoga, Spin, Body Works Plus Abs. I feel good.

Hello Karen! I understand your concerns and worries. I am 7 years post-op and have considered a revision as well but honestly can not afford it and the risk are greater. With 2 children now that is not a risk I am willing to take. 2 years ago my weight began to creep back on and it was the wake call I needed. I started back to the basics. Protein train. I ditched the solids for awhile, joined a gym and began Zumba. Before I knew it the pounds were falling off. 2 years later I am still in the gym, I am now -202 pounds gone from my heighest weight, I not only do ZUMBA but I take Yoga, Spin, Body Works Plus Abs. I feel good.

Look at those hips and that but. I'm afraid when i'm done loosing i'll have nothing lol. MY breast are already starting to leave.

Hi Karen,

Sorry can't advise re this but an appointment with your Dr sounds like a great start. What does your PCP say?

Karen,

Wow, I am so impressed you have kept over 100 lbs off for six years! That is amazing! I know you are ready for another step, and whatever you choose, I am sure you will be successful! You sure inspire me!

Karen, have you discussed banding your Bypass with your surgeon?

I feel your pain, I never got to goal either but I do feel the Dr. had an unreasonable goal weight for me.However, with that said, I would have liked to lose another 20 pounds.

I will add that I constantly diet and I exercise hours every single day including running daily between 2-6 miles, just to maintain my non goal.

Look at those hips and that but. I'm afraid when i'm done loosing i'll have nothing lol. MY breast are already starting to leave.

I never truly knew what was underneath it all. My mom is shaped like this so I am blessed to have inherited such a shape.