Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamanthaRose

Should i worry about the amount of veggies i can eat?

3 posts in this topic

So I'm not sure if i should be worried about this or not. When i eat salad or canned/frozen veggies i can eat a whole normal person serving. Veggies take a lot to make me full and i just figure they are healthy so its not that bad and i don't add anything like dressing, butter or anything else to make veggies or salad unhealthy but i do think its odd that i can eat so much. When i eat protein i can only handle up to 1/2c and no more than that so i haven't been too worried about stretching my pouch since my protein consumption hasn't changed, also i only eat veggies maybe once a week when i really get a craving for them. Should this worry me? Should i try to limit my veggies?

I don't know the answer but I can eat larger quantities of veggies also. I have a salad and it is pretty good size. I add some kind of meat, usually chicken, for protein to my salads and I also don't use dressing. I have not worried about the amount I eat because I don't feel it is over a regular size salad and the calorie count is low because of the veggies.

From everything I have read, most people can eat more salad/veggies. The general approach is, protein first. If you can get your protein in and have any room left, the leftover room is for veggies. I never have more room left after protein, so I will often drink some veggies as V8 or a homemade blended drink.