cinwa

Creating a Weight Loss Ticker - Easy User's Guide

It worked Duff!

You can also link a ticker here if you are logged onto www.myfitnesspal.com. I have one of theirs in my signature. :D

how do you do the my fitness ticker???

Thank you very much for keeping it simple :)

I'd recommend using Ticker Factory: http://www.tickerfac...gner.php?type=3

Once you've entered your stats etc. and it's brought up your ticker, look for the "bbCode" - that's what you add to your signature, not the HTML.

You can find your signature by clicking on the downward arrow next to your profile ID (top right of this page) and selecting "My Settings". Then select "Signature" from the panel on the left.

Copy and paste the "bbCode" shown on your completed ticker at tickerfactory and hit "save".

Don't forget to bookmark tickerfactory so that you can update your progress there - it will automatically update your ticker on this forum.

Thanks! I was wondering how I could do that. I hope you guys can see it on my profile.

I can't update my data, anyone know if their site is experiencing issues? It has been like this since yesterday

Never been able to make it update for me, so I just create a new ticker from time to time...yours is pretty cool though! If you can't make it move, just redo it with your new numbers.

Never been able to make it update for me, so I just create a new ticker from time to time...yours is pretty cool though! If you can't make it move, just redo it with your new numbers.

Ticker Factory is down.  I used LilySlim for the time being.

So I want to update my ticker when  I go to Ticket Factory were do I put my pin( not tech savvy at all)

Edited by Emerald City Girl

So I want to update my ticker when  I go to Ticket Factory were do I put my pin( not tech savvy at all)

Once you've created your ticker you should have saved the bookmark given to you.  When you go to your TickerFactory bookmarked page, click on "Edit/Update Weight Data".  

That'll take you to a page that requires your "pin" and where you can enter your new weight.  Hit "next" and that's it.  If all is well, your ticker will automatically be updated here.

I didn't save the bookmark, as Cinwa suggested. I simply click on my ticker from any post I've made, and it takes me to the right screen to edit it. There's a blank where you enter your PIN, then all you need to do is enter your new weight and save. Then it automatically updates on all your posts.

Ok so I did not bookmark it so what now?

Ok so I did not bookmark it so what now?

Easiest would be to start all over again with a new ID and password.

Had to update mine

I wish I'd found this in the first couple of days I was here.

Is there any way to make this a sticky?  Or, maybe email it to new users?  I could figure out the ticker, but it took a few days to figure out where to find 'signature'.

I wish I'd found this in the first couple of days I was here.

Is there any way to make this a sticky?  Or, maybe email it to new users?  I could figure out the ticker, but it took a few days to figure out where to find 'signature'.

This thread is already pinned in the Socialize Forum.

I wanted to share that in the last few weeks (I am unsure when) my ticker data became private on MyFitnessPal.  I just logged into my account at MyFitnessPal, came here and selected the link on my ticker.

The "Your Ticker" page appears and I just needed to select the box that said "Make Badges & Tickers Public  Badges will not be viewable by anyone besides yourself unless you set them as public."

Save Changes and the ticker will reappear!