kmj.1

1 wk post Op Revision & NO energy.

Hello everyone!

I am 1 wk post op and my doc says everything looks perfect. I had a revision from a failed Realize band to a RNY. The only problem I'm having is that I constantly feel weak, shaky, & sweaty. I get this way if I try to move around any. I had my surgery the 28 June and was home the 29th June. I stopped the Lortab on 3 July. As of 5 July I have lost 19 lbs. No drop as of today. I left home for the first time 5 July to see if any life was still out there. I couldn't go more than 10 mins before I thought I would lay down on the floor of the store to pass out. I then went home. I have been eating proteins and drinking plenty of water, but I did notice my protein shake was a little on the sugary high side so I switched to another brand with lower sugar. I thought I'd go out today. I took a glass of water with me and sipped vigorously. I lasted longer, but was sweating and weak the whole time and after 30 mins I was exhausted. If it wouldn't for the weakness I'd be fine. Any ideas?

I was hypoglycemic & hypothyroid before surgery and am still I suppose, defiantly still hypothyroid, but I'm taking meds for the thyroid. My doc determined I had H. Pylori and now will be taking 2 wks of antibiotics.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by kmj.1

I felt the same way for the first 2 weeks. I had zero energy and could only do short trips out of the house. I am almost 4 weeks post op and doing better energy wise every day. It does get better I promise

thank you. I was starting to think something was wrong.

I felt "out of it" for a couple of weeks. You'll be back to normal very soon. Good Luck.

I felt terrible for at least 4 weeks but still weak until 6 weeks out. It really takes time to start feeling better. Hang in there!

Thanks for the support everyone!

Does anyone still feel hungry even after eating? My doc says my pouch is the perfect size but I sometimes don't feel full even after eating the specified 2 oz and the fullness doesn't last long.

I wonder if its in my head, but I don't feel the pressure under the breastbone you feel when full.

It's a different fullness to the "Evil LapBand Of Torture" feeling- or ELBOT.. :) I felt weak and no energy for some-time post op as well- Can I suggest you check your sugar level next time you are feeling sweaty and weak ? - if you are low you'll know that's partly responsible for how you feel- Take it easy - this is major surgery and you are very soon post op- Hope you feel better soon..

Glad to hear all of this. I had a week, faintish, cold/clammy sweaty day yesterday and praying this ant all of the time. Good luck to you kmj.1 :)