ConnieSings

ANY ONE HAVING A REVISION?

I am wanting to talk with anyone who has gone from gastric banding to the sleeve/bypass...

:wub:

Me too. I have a lap band and will have RNY on July 31.

Baja... what made you go with the bypass over the sleeve?

Did you start having problems with the band?

Baja... what made you go with the bypass over the sleeve?

Did you start having problems with the band?

I had my band in October 2007 and I had trouble with the first fill. Tubing was kinked ( although no one figured it out until much later). I had to stand, with my arms raised, before the PA was able to give me a fill. She did get in 2 cc. I went back in about a month for another fill and nothing would work. So... went to the OR again..... and yet again....... With my last OR visit, my doc had moved to a "premier" hospital and I come home with a nasty post op infection and a seroma I never went back to him. I'm a nurse so I had one of my hospital docs give me antibiotics and remove the fluid from the seroma (60cc). After that 3rd surgery, I was not able to lose any more weight and to be honest with you, I was done with that doc and the procedure.

Several of the surgeons that I work with have recommended the RNY. It's been around for a long time and has proven results. My insurance will not pay for the "Sleeve" and considers it experimental. With any tool, it is what you make of it and the Lap Band was not the right tool for me. I found a new doc that is highly recommended by my home surgeons and I have been working with him for over a year. I am comfortable with my decision and his abilty to do the revision. There are several RN's that have had a revision and they are doing great, even several years post op.

Good luck with your choice and let me know how your are doing

I had my band for 6 years and was told that a sleeve was not an option as my stomach anatomy had changed -from the evil lap-band of torture or ELBOT :) RNY was a great choice- I am enjoying life again- still a way to go - but I've decided to enjoy each day of my journey and take time to smell the flowers!! Keep us posted.....