• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
elocinintherain

Does anyone use Body Fortress Whey Isolate powder?

12 posts in this topic

I found this protein powder at walmart. It's called Body Fortress Whey Isolate, in Vanilla Creme, and has 30g protein in 1 scoop. A big container was $22, and I decided to buy it because there's not many options where I live (I live 100 miles from the nearest GNC or Whole Foods).

Does anyone use this? Opinions?

This is the product in question: http://www.bodyfortress.com/SUPER-ADVANCED-WHEY-ISOLATE-CHOCOLATE

I'm trying to get used to drinking protein shakes now, rather than later. I mixed 1 scoop in 8oz skim milk with some sugar free chocolate syrup... it was okay, but had a bitter aftertaste. I'm trying it tomorrow without the chocolate syrup, to rule that out.

Thanks!

That's the shake I use. Love it!

I used it before surgery during my liquid diet and thought it was pretty good. After surgery, I found it too sweet and moved on to another brand. I might try it again now to see how it tastes. It's affordable and just as good as any of the others.

I bought some on my pre-op diet and I think the vanilla is WAY too sweet and so artificially flavored that it almost tastes like coconut...weird flavor! I can't drink a full shake made with it (unless it's just cold coffee with the protein), but I've found that half of a scoop in my morning coffee isn't bad at all. The black coffee really cuts the sweet/fake flavor. It's got lots of good protein and is cheap, which is always a good thing in my mind, lol. I'd like to try their other flavors.

If it works for you and you can tolerate it, I say go for it!

I use it. I actually mix in either sugar free banana syrup or banana extract. I love banana. :) I also mix it with almond milk rather than milk.

I have it every morning for breakfast. I mix it up, some days vanilla some days chocolate. I also sometimes will use DaVinci syrups or sugar free creamers to change the flavor up a bit. Also I freeze milk cube and use 4 oz frozen and 4 oz regular milk and make a shake in the blender. It's yummy that way.

i use it! i scoop in 8 oz 1% milk. shake and drink. yum! like the chocolate.

I just picked one up accidently. I usually use the whey protein. I figure I will try it. can anyone tell me the difference and why I would use one over the other?

gabedad, whey isolate is considered a higher quality protein over regular whey protein.

I want to start doing a hihg protien diet and am thinking about buyin isolate. my question is what is the best way to use the powder and what do you mix it with. Is it better as a shake or with milk or as a smoothie type drink with fruit. I'm so confused. Thanks in advance for the help.

Apparently I can't spell :eek:

Not really much of a taste difference. I have appt with dietitian and nurse tomorrow. I will bring it up with them to see if it is worth it.