• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
dabesteva

my lips are so dry

5 posts in this topic

hey all my lips are so dry they look horrible ive been drinking as much as i possibly can is this normal??i also have a lip moisturizer i will bewgin to use more frequently..im 4 days postop

You are probably not getting in enough water. You lips will be dry until you build up to at least 64ounces a day. I know it is hard to get the 64ounces in but we were allowed sugar free ice pops (blue bell makes some that are good) and it counter as part of our liquid intake. We were also allowed sugar free jello and broth. The broth did not count as part of the liquid intake but the rest does.

I still deal with dry lips and dry skin. Not only when I don't get enough water, but also when I don't get enough fat in my diet. Right now, drink up and use that chap stick (and moisturizer for your face and elbows). But later, you may need to make an effort to incorporate healthy fats into your diet.

Agree with all the above. Make sure you slather on a good chapstick or moisturizer before bed too. I've even used stuff like Vaseline Intensive Care or super duper Aveeno in a pinch. Helps a lot.

You have cut your fat intake way back, so that impacts your skin also. I have found that mentholatum really helps on my lips - it is not only soothing but seems to help heal.

And keep drinking water!