Kimismurf

Wendy's Chili

So i keep reading about people eating the chili from Wendy's after surgery. Does it not conflict with the diet? Is it really ok? Can i eat it pre op and still lose weight? If you dont eat Wendy's chili what kind of chili do you make?

My NUT told me I could eat it every day if I wanted and I almost did. It is stocked with Protein. A large (if you can handle that) with cheese has 33 grams of protein, much higher than the grocery store chili my wife gets at the store. Heck, if I can get half my daily need in one extended sitting, sign me up,

Not only that, but it's a little on the soupy side, compared to other chili's I've had, so it goes down much easier.

I think the grind up the unsold hamburgers and add some onions and peppers and maybe some other stuff. It's delicious.

Yeah, you could say I've become something of an aficionado.

I think I could live on Wendy's chili. . .I buy a large and it lasts 2 or 3 meals. . .sometimes I add cheese, sometimes I don't. It's nice to know there is something I can get at a fast food restaurant that's pretty healthy. Price just went up from 1.99 to 2.09, probably based on the popularity with WLS customers!

I eat it all the time. I add a little cheese and some fat free sour cream. I get a small and can usually eat 2/3 of it.

It was one of the listed recommended foods on my post surgery instructions. My husband's NUT (for his diabetes) even went so far as to say if we have to eat on the run, that would be one of the best options.

Wow this is the first I've heard this. Based on my reading materials I would have thought the beef and spices would be nausious or the acidic tomato base problematic. I may brave this new post-op frontier tomorrow as I used to love Wendy's chili.

I've only recently added ground turkey to my menu. I made turkey patties and replaced the bread crumbs with parmesean cheese, some seasoning, egg beaters to hold it together and drizzled a tiny bit of Kraft light BBQ on top when it was almost done. I kept it moist rather than dry. Then I eat it with applesauce to help it go down easier. It tastes good (to me) and goes down easy.

If you have trouble with beef there are recipies for 'white chili' online using chicken or turkey.

I'm over two years out and Wendy's chili is still one of my favorites. I eat it at least once a week.

I used to live on Wendy's Chili. It sit really well in my pouch and it is loaded with protein. I eat other different types of chili now along with the Wendy's, but it is still a large part of my diet.

I eat 3-4 times a week for dinner the hormel99% fat free turkey chilli with beans. I eat 1/2 of a 15 OZ can on top of a 100 cal whole wheat wrap with some cheese - pile it all up and then in the mircowave for a min or 2 - to get the cheese to melt and YUM!

• Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 210 - for the whole can I eat half for dinner and save the other half for dinner another night!
  • Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 45mg Sodium: 1250mg Total Carbs: 28g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 6g Protein: 17g

...... chili what kind of chili do you make?

I don't eat meat but Sherry's White Chicken Chili is a big hit with everyone I've served it too (non-WLS people included) and it freezes really well: http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/topic/32729-sherrys-world-famous-white-chicken-chili/page__hl__%2Bchicken+%2Bchili__fromsearch__1

My NUT told me about Wendy's chili, and now I eat it at least once a week

We have Wendy's over here in Australia- but it's an icecream chain... not thinking they sell Chilli anything.. ::)) - OK not a chilli fan anyway..