• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Tennfan

Anyone have a little cough after surgery?

8 posts in this topic

I've developed a little cough after surgery which I pretty much have all the time. It's a little stronger than clearing your throat but sort of the same feeling. It happens more often during eating and drinking . Did anyone else experience this and when did it go away?

I have not heard of this, but I would suggest you bring it up at your next surgeon's visit.

I had a LOT of phlegm (sorry) after surgery too. I just had to cough it up and get it out. My mom said it was from the anasthesia. It finally got better but I started using my humidifier and that helped too!! I would talk to your Dr. just in case, but if it's just phlegm, just keep walking and hydrating and it will go away!!

Take care :)

I had a terrible cough after surgery but I also have asthma. I had to be sure to take nice deep breaths. Its due to the anesthesia. I got rid of it a few days after my surgery.

I was starting to get a slight cough with some reflux/flem coming up whenever I would eat or drink anything a couple weeks ago, which was about 8 weeks out. I called my doc and he had me come in right away - I had an EGD scope done and my pouch was fine (they thought it may be the beginning of a stricture - but I am glad it wasn't), so they upped my Omeprazole/Prilosec from 20mg once a day to 20mg twice a day and that has resolved the issue. I would contact your surgeon to discuss it with him/her. Take good care.

I have been coughing too... I just got out of the surgery on the 23rd. Mine is a dry cough though, nothing is coming out. Should I be worried?

I had a cough and scratchy throat after surgery for a number of wks..I think it was from the tube they put down my throat, it did pass after time but it did take a little while.

A cough following any surgery isn't unusual but as always, if it doesn't go - it's worth getting your doc to check it out.