Sign in to follow this  
lisap31492

I need my gall bladder out. Should I go to my bariatric surgeon?

Dear Dr. Callery

Ive been having some issues with my gall bladder...an ultrasound has confirmed that it needs to come out....Im just wondering, I live 2 and 1/2 hours away from my surgeon....would it be ok to have a surgeon closer to me help deal with it?? I just love my surgeon its just so far away for a consult/checkup, pre-op then surgery the next day. I'm really feeling miserable and need to do something quickly....any suggestions???

Dear Dr. Callery

Ive been having some issues with my gall bladder...an ultrasound has confirmed that it needs to come out....Im just wondering, I live 2 and 1/2 hours away from my surgeon....would it be ok to have a surgeon closer to me help deal with it?? I just love my surgeon its just so far away for a consult/checkup, pre-op then surgery the next day. I'm really feeling miserable and need to do something quickly....any suggestions???

Give your bariatric surgeon a call to see if he will do your surgery. If you like and trust him, by all means travel to have him care for you. It will probably only be a few trips. You'll be working with someone who "knows your case" and you'll be comfortable with his staff and hospital.

Best of luck,

Dr. Callery