pamarama

These vitamins are pretty expensive...

I apologize if this sounds whiny, but I was researching the cost of vitamins and protein supplements and wow. I certainly don't want to skimp on my nutrients because I know how important they are, does anyone have recommendations or know of any bargains on vits?

If you find one, let me know! To cut costs a little, I use Citracal Petites (about $14...and which are totally not petite but are at least a little smaller than the regular ones), the Ultimate Woman multi from Vitamin Shoppe (also about $14), and Nature's Bounty sublingual B complex drops ($9 at Walgreen's). More quantity for less $ and the quality is great. Things I personally would splurge on: chocolate Calcet Creamy Bites (YUM), a good 100% whey protein isolate that you actually enjoy drinking (tastes can change after surgery, though...mine did! I use Dutch chocolate Isopure and pay more for it b/c I like it.), and some of the ENS shakes from Celebrate for right after surgery. I totally regret not knowing about the ENS shakes until a few weeks ago because they're pretty yummy and contain both calcium and a multi and it would have been sooooooooo much easier on me post-op. Oh well, hindsight, huh?

Ask your surgeon about vitamins, mine sells them and I paid $67 for 3 months of iron, multi, and calcium.

Thanks for the tips, Lindsay. I've heard those creamy bits were awesome. And I'll definitely look into the ENS shakes. I'll keep you posted if I find any bargains.

Teacher2009: $67? Really? I was on celebrate's website and my shopping cart total was over $140! And that doesn't include protein. Good thing I didn't commit to that order.

WOW...that's an awesome deal! I wish my surgeon's office would sell them.

Don't know your back story, but in my case the vitamins are saving me money. I took a lot of medications for diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, yadda yadda and those were practically running me bankrupt. Now, my usual order of just over $100 for vitamins is less than I would have paid for just one medicine before surgery. I do find the protein powders expensive, but fortunately as you get further out you can rely on them less and less. Another plus is that my weekly food costs have trickled down to nothing and once I lose a little more, I'll save loads of money by fitting into regular clothes.

I'd suggest too, check and make sure you really need everything you're ordering. There's a lot of confusion on vitamins and I think many people take things that are unnecessary. I can't advise you on that, only your doctor or NUT knows your particular needs, but I only take two multivitamins, three Calcets, and one B-12 per day. As far as I know, that's all I needed.

I found these on amazon.com

Centrum Chewables Multivitamin/Multimineral Supplement, Tablets 9.49

B-12 Dots by Twinlab 100 Dots 8.96

Bariatric Advantage Calcium Citrate Chewy Bite Raspberry 9.77

Hope it Helps

I have the raspberry chewy bites and I love them! They remind me of Starburst. :)

I have been taking centrum chewables they are 100 for 10.49 at krogers and walmart. They are a lifesaver cause taking 2 aday it all adds up.

Hey...Pamarama....you should check out Advocare. ..they have awesome products which I use and my surgeon has blessed my use....I bought in to the company just for a discounts available...I chose to work my business and now I get my products at 40% off...multivitamins are chewable and awesome.....man's 3 is also a multivitamin that helps with elasticity and metabolism effects.....any questions you can call or text 601.433.4245 or check the web site WWW.Advocare.com/110815465....

Hey...Pamarama....you should check out Advocare. ..they have awesome products which I use and my surgeon has blessed my use....I bought in to the company just for a discounts available...I chose to work my business and now I get my products at 40% off...multivitamins are chewable and awesome.....man's 3 is also a multivitamin that helps with elasticity and metabolism effects.....any questions you can call or text 601.433.4245 or check the web site WWW.Advocare.com/110815465....

Lisa - do you have a link showing the full ingredient label with amounts for Advocare's multivitamins? I can't find detailed label information anywhere online.