• 21 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Derek Weiss
  • Hospital:Central Baptist
  • Start Weight:325
  • Current Weight:198
  • Goal Weight:180
  • Surgery Date:07/19/2010

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

OK I got pregnant at about 13 months out. I was doing good and was only about 5-10 pounds from my goal weight. I had had back surgery only a couple months before getting pregnant and I am now 29 weeks along. I feel good and am doing great but I feel like I am eating so much more than I used to. I have already gained 30 pounds and am scared that by the time I have the baby I am going to be huge and will never see my goal weight again. Have any of you gained alot of weight with pregnancy and was able to get it back off with diet and excercise?

#2 Erika

Erika

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Height (ft-in):5-02
  • Start Weight:256
  • Current Weight:126
  • Goal Weight:136
  • Surgery Date:09/07/2010
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:13 PM

I gained 7lbs, but that was really a net gain since I lost 13lbs and then went back up by 20lbs. Right after the birth I dropped 20lbs, so remember that some of the weight is going to automatically just fall off with the baby, placenta, fluids, etc. I am now working on eating really healthy still, breastfeeding, and just slowly began adding back in exercise. I would really like to lose another 10lbs or so and will be doing it with diet and exercise :)
Trying to get back on track after having a baby :)

#3 MyTinyTank.net

MyTinyTank.net

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Edward Mun
  • Hospital:Beth Isreal Deaconess BOSTON
  • Height (ft-in):5-03
  • Start Weight:325
  • Goal Weight:160
  • Surgery Date:07/24/2000

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hi, I gained 19 pounds with my pregnancy. My advice is to be careful to try and focus on your well being and health after the baby arrives. I focused all my attention on my baby and did not work to take the weight off. NEVER forget yourself.
I am 12 years post RNY weight loss surgery. July 2000

my personal Blog is at MyTinyTank.net

Posted Image

#4 mindy_nicole

mindy_nicole

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationDamar, Ks
  • Surgeon:Dr. Zurab Tsereteli
  • Hospital:Hays Medical Center
  • Height (ft-in):5-05
  • Start Weight:292
  • Current Weight:168
  • Surgery Date:03/01/2011

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

Im 16 weeks prego and have gained 4 lbs so far. I got pregnant 9 months post op
Mindy Nicole
Starting Weight 292

Reun-Y Surg Date Mar 1 2011
Current Weight 168
Goal Weight 160

#5 Jeanie

Jeanie

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,240 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. C
  • Surgery Date:07/07/2004

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

With my 1st one I gained 23lbs total I'm currently 33 weeks with my 2nd & have gained 19lbs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lap Dr. Callery

July 7, 2004

Savanna Annmarie was born on 10/14/2008 Morgan Jeanie was born 4/4/12

#6 Pokey

Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas
  • Height (ft-in):5-06
  • Start Weight:248
  • Current Weight:140
  • Goal Weight:140
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):22.6
  • Surgery Date:08/20/2010
  • Surgery Type:Vertical Sleeve

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:42 PM

I gained 35 with the twins but technically only had a net gain of 30 since I lost 5 pounds in the beginning.

I'll be honest. 30 pounds sounds like a lot when you consider that you still have nearly 3 months left and that's the time when the weight really starts to pack on and doctors suggest gaining between 25 and 35 pounds with a singleton pregnancy. If you don't mind my asking, what are you eating? If you stick to eating like your surgeon suggests you shouldn't gain too much weight. I know that I ate nearly every thing in sight with the twins but still didn't gain much.

Like another mom mentioned, take time after the baby is born to get yourself back on track. The longer you are out of the harness the harder it is to put back on. I lost 20 of my 30 pounds at delivery and then 5 more in the following 2 weeks. Since then every pound has been a battle. I've lost 12 more pounds but still have 18 to go before I get to my goal. Sadly, the weight doesn't just disappear after birth. At this point, I'd try not to put on any more than you have to.
Wife to 1, Mom to 8, and Scale Stomper #29!
Welcome David and Daniel- 10/29/11!

#7 MzSarah

MzSarah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Surgeon:Dr. Tanaka of Pacific Bariatric
  • Hospital:Scripps Mercy
  • Height (ft-in):5-06
  • Start Weight:282
  • Current Weight:176
  • Surgery Date:04/05/2011
  • Surgery Type:Vertical Sleeve

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

i am 5 months and got pregnant 8 months post op. i have gained four pounds so far and baby is growing great.. good luck.

Posted Image

#8 brittany

brittany

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Gained 13 with first, 17 with second... I had a doc that I told him I need to be accountable for my weight gain and he told me 15-20 would be great for me up to 30-35 is ok and then he said anything more than 35 is an excuse.... It may sound harsh bit that is what I needed lets face it I had to have surgery to lose weight so I needed a doc who would be frank with me and I did well I was wearing my regular clothes home from the hospital.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gastric Bypass: 9/7/06 Dr. McCarty
240/215/139
biggest/surgery day/now

#9 Holly Sue

Holly Sue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Locationwyoming
  • Surgeon:Dr. Johnell
  • Hospital:Greeley Medical Clinic
  • Height (ft-in):5-08
  • Start Weight:275
  • Current Weight:150
  • Goal Weight:150
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):25
  • Surgery Date:03172005

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

I got pregnant with my first 1 year after surgery and gained 30 pounds, it was really hard to lose but I wasnt very active other than walking. My second pregnancy I gained 50 pounds but I ate a lot healthier and exercised a lot more. Nothing super heavy, just some cardio but lost all but 8 pounds by the time I went back to work after 12 weeks. I gained a lot more but lost a lot faster with baby # 2. I was 5 1/2 years post op with #2. Baby will be a year old one week from today and I am back at goal, have been for a few months. The last 8 pounds have been a real struggle for me but I finally got there. I think everyone gains and loses differently. With my first pregnancy I craved junk food. I ate nothing but crap. Cheetos covered in hot sauce and mountain dew. I gained 30 pounds of fat. it took 2 1/2 years to lose it again. Second baby I craved yogurt, fruit, and chicken breasts with vinegar and spinach. I gained a lot of water weight and lost it all very quickly.

#10 nikki ( noychoy)

nikki ( noychoy)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • Surgeon:Kenneth Warnock
  • Hospital:United Regional
  • Height (ft-in):5-05
  • Start Weight:349
  • Current Weight:167
  • Goal Weight:135
  • Surgery Date:10/07/2010

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

i've gained 7 so far and I am 12 weeks. but i actually have lost 4 lbs. Our fridge went out and we could not afford one right away so I was not eating correctly. But now we have a good fridge and I am back to eating good again.