• Hospital:Sharp
  • Height (ft-in):5-05
  • Start Weight:280
  • Current Weight:255
  • Goal Weight:130
  • Surgery Date:Pending
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew of any pro bono lap band surgeons in San Diego CA. I have many health problems related to my weight (PCOS, insulin resistance, difficulty walking up and down steps, back and joint pain....) and I have yo yo dieted to 268 lbs. The PCOS makes it very difficult to loose weight due to the hormone imbalances. I have been looking into the lap band surgery since I turned 18, 6 years ago. Unfortunately at the moment I dont have insurance that will cover bariatric surgery and I can not afford the surgery on my own (even medical toursim style). If anyone has any answers, or support it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Molly Truelove

weight.png

#2 Looking2Lose

Looking2Lose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA
  • Surgeon:Dr. callery
  • Hospital:Sharp Memorial
  • Height (ft-in):5-04
  • Start Weight:252
  • Current Weight:237
  • Goal Weight:115
  • Surgery Date:TBD
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

sorry I don't know anything about it but have you tried state medical? Medi-Cal ( Molina Direct ) covers the surgery. That's what I have. Check them out and see if you will get on Medi-cal and go from there, they do require a 6 month pre-op diet either medically supervised by your doctor or through Weight Watchers which they cover as well. Hope this was helpful. ( Sometimes it can take up to 30-60 days to be approved for state medical )