• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Shell74

High Blood Sugar

5 posts in this topic

I have been having occasional drops in sugar levels, nothing crazy, but in the 70's that cause me to get light headed and cranky. Dr just wants me to check when I feel like that and adjust diet accordingly. Today was a very busy day, the family went to a ski resort. I had my regular shake for breakfast, a snack of almonds, one chicken finger with the breading removed for lunch and about 1/4 cup of chilli. Was very lacking in water to this point. Started to get very goofy around 3 and figured it was from the guy spinning me very fast when we were tubing and the lack of fluids. By the time I made it to the car I realized it wasntthe spinning, I could barely keep my head up. Drank 0 calorie/ sugar drink the entire way home. Figured that between dehydration and a low blood sugar that was what was going on.

Took my sugar level once we got home and I am at 175, did it a second time to double check. I know its not extremely high, but I have never had high levels, especially 5 hours after eating. I dont think I have ever tested above 110 even after eating a huge meal. Any ideas what could have caused this increase? I will test tonight and again in the AM and make calls as needed. I am just not familiar with anything Blood Sugar related besides low numbers.

I'm curious whether or not you supplement vitamin B and/or zinc. I was really having dizziness issues until I started these. Since I started them at the same time, I don't know which helped, but I no longer get that 'vertigo' feeling.

I do both a B-12 sublingual, and a B complex.

If you haven't eaten or had sugar containing fluid for a while then it isn't that- then it's possibly, stress- physical or emotional, , illness or a sign of infection- Infection can shoot your levels up quite high- often before you see any infection- If your level is back to usual in the morning then I'm thinking physical stress- it sounds like a busy day-

Hope this helps!

If you haven't eaten or had sugar containing fluid for a while then it isn't that- then it's possibly, stress- physical or emotional, , illness or a sign of infection- Infection can shoot your levels up quite high- often before you see any infection- If your level is back to usual in the morning then I'm thinking physical stress- it sounds like a busy day-

Hope this helps!

Back down to a fasting of 90 which is my normal AM reading. I was reading that strenous activity can raise your levels too. It was a busy day, but mostly riding on the tubing lifts,lol. I will have Zumba tonight, and will check afterwards to see if there is some sort of exertion trend with me.

Thanks a bunch!

I'm curious whether or not you supplement vitamin B and/or zinc. I was really having dizziness issues until I started these. Since I started them at the same time, I don't know which helped, but I no longer get that 'vertigo' feeling.

I do both a B-12 sublingual, and a B complex.

I do take and extra b-12/biotin sublingual combo. It comes in a strip. I can feel the difference in when I take it and when I dont.