• Height (ft-in):5-04
  • Start Weight:247
  • Current Weight:113
  • Goal Weight:130
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):19.0
  • Surgery Date:08/15/2011
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

I have been having occasional drops in sugar levels, nothing crazy, but in the 70's that cause me to get light headed and cranky. Dr just wants me to check when I feel like that and adjust diet accordingly. Today was a very busy day, the family went to a ski resort. I had my regular shake for breakfast, a snack of almonds, one chicken finger with the breading removed for lunch and about 1/4 cup of chilli. Was very lacking in water to this point. Started to get very goofy around 3 and figured it was from the guy spinning me very fast when we were tubing and the lack of fluids. By the time I made it to the car I realized it wasntthe spinning, I could barely keep my head up. Drank 0 calorie/ sugar drink the entire way home. Figured that between dehydration and a low blood sugar that was what was going on.

Took my sugar level once we got home and I am at 175, did it a second time to double check. I know its not extremely high, but I have never had high levels, especially 5 hours after eating. I dont think I have ever tested above 110 even after eating a huge meal. Any ideas what could have caused this increase? I will test tonight and again in the AM and make calls as needed. I am just not familiar with anything Blood Sugar related besides low numbers.
10660477.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Highest- 247
Day of Surgery- 220
Current- 113
Goal- 125 or so

#2 liana

liana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Locationmichigan
  • Surgeon:Dr Krause
  • Hospital:William beaumont
  • Height (ft-in):5-10
  • Start Weight:275
  • Current Weight:176
  • Goal Weight:165
  • Surgery Date:08/18/2011

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:20 AM

I'm curious whether or not you supplement vitamin B and/or zinc. I was really having dizziness issues until I started these. Since I started them at the same time, I don't know which helped, but I no longer get that 'vertigo' feeling.
I do both a B-12 sublingual, and a B complex.
Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

#3 Kazkaren

Kazkaren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia
  • Surgeon:Dr Hopkins - Revision
  • Hospital:Holy Spirit Northside Brisbane
  • Height (ft-in):4-11
  • Start Weight:269.7
  • Current Weight:152.7
  • Goal Weight:154
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):32.1
  • Surgery Date:12/07/2011

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

If you haven't eaten or had sugar containing fluid for a while then it isn't that- then it's possibly, stress- physical or emotional, , illness or a sign of infection- Infection can shoot your levels up quite high- often before you see any infection- If your level is back to usual in the morning then I'm thinking physical stress- it sounds like a busy day-
Hope this helps!

weight.png

Kaz!

This is your life-Are you who you want to be? Switchfoot-
Not yet...But I will be....

#4 Shell74

Shell74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNE PA
  • Surgeon:Rovito
  • Hospital:LVH

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:46 AM

If you haven't eaten or had sugar containing fluid for a while then it isn't that- then it's possibly, stress- physical or emotional, , illness or a sign of infection- Infection can shoot your levels up quite high- often before you see any infection- If your level is back to usual in the morning then I'm thinking physical stress- it sounds like a busy day-
Hope this helps!

Back down to a fasting of 90 which is my normal AM reading. I was reading that strenous activity can raise your levels too. It was a busy day, but mostly riding on the tubing lifts,lol. I will have Zumba tonight, and will check afterwards to see if there is some sort of exertion trend with me.

Thanks a bunch!
10660477.png

Highest- 247
Day of Surgery- 220
Current- 113
Goal- 125 or so

#5 Shell74

Shell74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationNE PA
  • Surgeon:Rovito
  • Hospital:LVH

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm curious whether or not you supplement vitamin B and/or zinc. I was really having dizziness issues until I started these. Since I started them at the same time, I don't know which helped, but I no longer get that 'vertigo' feeling.
I do both a B-12 sublingual, and a B complex.

I do take and extra b-12/biotin sublingual combo. It comes in a strip. I can feel the difference in when I take it and when I dont.
10660477.png

Highest- 247
Day of Surgery- 220
Current- 113
Goal- 125 or so