Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatperson

Not Losing Weight?

5 posts in this topic

Hi i have lost 20 kgs in first 3 weeks since then i am not losing any weight.I have gained 1 kg after first 3weeks.

i am so worried about gaining of 1kg weight,is it common to gain weight and lose it again?

I am now in my 6th week after surgery

waiting for your valuable suggestions

you're having a stall. its nothing to worry about (although everyone does anyways). Its just your body charging up for the next drop in weight. I wouldn't worry about the 1 kg, it might just be water weight or something. If you continue to gain talk to your NUT and surgeon, but I think you'll be fine.

type "stall" into the search bar and you will find everyone gets these!! it will pass in 2 or 3 weeks.

Hi i have lost 20 kgs in first 3 weeks since then i am not losing any weight.I have gained 1 kg after first 3weeks.

i am so worried about gaining of 1kg weight,is it common to gain weight and lose it again?

I am now in my 6th week after surgery

waiting for your valuable suggestions

Babe - you need to start planning your foods and logging them so that you know not only how many calories you're consuming but where those calories are coming from in terms of protein, carbs and fats, (you'll find plenty of good free websites - www.fitday.com/ www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/ www.my-calorie-counter.com/ www.myfooddiary.com/ www.sparkpeople.com/ ).

Watch your intake of starchy carbs - limit the pasta, rice, breads, crackers, cereals etc. and focus on lean protein, vegetables and fruit.

And you also need to increase your exercise - even if it's just walking.

I had two stalls and I'm approaching 5 months post op.... It happens to a lot of people. I agree you have to use a calorie counter to make sure you are getting all of your protein in each day, the water each day and the exercise. Plus, keeping carbs to a low amount is key too (at least it is for me...). My doc recommended no more than 50g of carbs each day and overall, I stick to that rule. I try to focus on the protein first, and then eat my salads/veggies.... once i began a routine, i got in a groove and was able to reclaim the weight loss flow.... i use myfitnesspal.com which i like a lot!!

good luck, hang in there it's just temporary!!!

Cheers!

I had surgery Nov 22, I have lost about 24 lbs ,,,,,but nothing in 3 weeks. So I think I am at a stall too. My calories are at about 600-800/day. Protein 40-70 (I am supposed to get 75-90)