• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jules74

One Week Post-Op!

16 posts in this topic

I am now onw week post-op gastric bypass. Last week at this time I was in the recovery room. I had my one week follow-up with my Primary Care Physician. My incisions look great. I am healing nicely and I feel great. I am getting in my protein, my liquids, may be TMI but there has been poop! (which my PCP is happy to hear), I am no longer taking pain pills and I have not thrown up at all at this point. I am actually starting to wonder if my Surgeon actually DID anything inside me. I have the scars. I was on an operating table but I feel so good (compared to many others I hear about) that I do wonder if the Surgeon DID anything in there! haha. My blood glucose is starting to normalize and that is the #1 reason I did this surgery - to get rid of that darn diabetes.

I've heard of many people discuss being sick for weeks after surgery, being nauseous, being in pain, etc. Is there anyone out there like me who felt great, almost too good, that it makes you wonder if you should be feeling something other than the way you are feeling? I guess I was expecting a much harder, more difficult recovery and that is not what happened. I guess I should count my blessings! :)

Edited by jules74

Congrats to hear you are feeling so well! I have high hopes that I'm going to also feel that good!

Don't question it; embrace it! If you're not feeling well, your body will let you know! Keep up the good work!!

Congrats! I'm 1 week out today also and feel great! I stopped my pain meds Sunday night. I'm having a bit of trouble getting enough food in, I feel full very quickly but I'm getting in my water for the most part. Saw my surgeon today also and he said all looks good, I have my staples out next Friday! :)

Sorry to hijack! Glad you're feeling great!

Sounds great! I hope my surgery and immediate recovery go well, too.

My Surgery was a month ago yesterday. What you are describing is exactly how it went for me and I still feel great. I was walking a mile by the first week and am up to 2 miles now... This was a gift... I was prepared for the worst, but expected the best and have not been disappointed. I think about my surgery date and it hardly feels real. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Good luck. More good to come.

Barbara

I'm approaching a week on Wednesday. I haven't had any nausea or sickness. The pains I've been getting are gas and they've been pretty bad. Congratulations on a flawless recovery. I can't wait to put the gas behind me (yes I am walking a lot) and go home.

My Surgery was a month ago yesterday. What you are describing is exactly how it went for me and I still feel great. I was walking a mile by the first week and am up to 2 miles now... This was a gift... I was prepared for the worst, but expected the best and have not been disappointed. I think about my surgery date and it hardly feels real. Why didn't I do this sooner?

Good luck. More good to come.

Barbara

Congrats, Jules! Glad to hear things are going well for you.

I am now onw week post-op gastric bypass. Last week at this time I was in the recovery room. I had my one week follow-up with my Primary Care Physician. My incisions look great. I am healing nicely and I feel great. I am getting in my protein, my liquids, may be TMI but there has been poop! (which my PCP is happy to hear), I am no longer taking pain pills and I have not thrown up at all at this point. I am actually starting to wonder if my Surgeon actually DID anything inside me. I have the scars. I was on an operating table but I feel so good (compared to many others I hear about) that I do wonder if the Surgeon DID anything in there! haha. My blood glucose is starting to normalize and that is the #1 reason I did this surgery - to get rid of that darn diabetes.

I've heard of many people discuss being sick for weeks after surgery, being nauseous, being in pain, etc. Is there anyone out there like me who felt great, almost too good, that it makes you wonder if you should be feeling something other than the way you are feeling? I guess I was expecting a much harder, more difficult recovery and that is not what happened. I guess I should count my blessings! :)

I know EXACTLY how you feel! I was the same way. Although I had the sleeve and not BP, I was expecting worse, they did remove 80% of my stomach after all. I'm very thankful and have been almost afraid to take it too lightly or brag too much, thinking I may jinx myself. I was feeling too good and injured my foot i've had trouble with for a few years with all the walking and exercise. I am now on crutches with my foot in a boot and can't walk or ride my exercise bike (which I will ride more than walk when I heal, at least till I lose more) but I'm not letting that stop me. I ordered some exercise equipment I can use while sitting and am moving on. I am still losing and feel great!(aside from the foot) I'm being very careful with my eating and drinking, trying not to eat too much or drink too fast. I want everything to stay just like it is. I'm not hungry, I eat by the clock and fill up fast. I'm very glad all is going well for you and I hope it stays that way. CONGRATULATIONS!

Im so glad to hear u all are doing well I had my surgery last fri 14 I had nausea for the 3 days after coming home...Then I asked God to be with me cause the pain and nausea was enough...Now Im happy to say I feel brand new although I have one problem I cant sleep Ive spoken to the Dr he said take benedryl I did not working any pointers...

today i am 6 days post op. i went for my 1st outdoor walk ended up being 40minutes instead of 30. but it felt good. so i said that i will walk outside daily as the weather allows,b/c when i go back to work it will be dark when i leave and return home. thus making it necessary that i go tothe gym after work.

That's been my experience, too. I wondered the same thing. LOL The only thing is that I'm still tired and exercising 30 minutes a day isn't in the cards. I'm six days out. I still have some tightness around the incision where he did most of the work but that's to be expected. I saw him today for my first post-op and he said everything was healing nicely. Getting used to this new way of dealing with food (the healing diet etc.) and getting liquids in is a full-time job. One day at a time!

Hope things continue to go well for you!

I think we just hear about the bad. Nothing much to say when things go well. I'm 2 months out and have had NO problems. Happy as a clam.

I had bypass on Nov 21st and Thank GOD I'm feeling okay I feel a slight throbing in my belly after drinking Is this normal?

Seven7! I had my sugery the 21st as well!!! I would love to chat about our progress and what not!

I am just 2wks out and from the morning after sx. The worst part was the gas after the procedure. I have wondered the same thing about the Dr actually doing the sx. I wish you the best of luck! I also wish everyone else who is about to embark on this life changing event a speedy recovery such as the one I and others have had.

I had bypass on Nov 21st and Thank GOD I'm feeling okay I feel a slight throbing in my belly after drinking Is this normal?

Try some warm drinks - my pouch has never liked anything colder than room temperature and the warm the drink is, the better.