• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mom2four

mom2four

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

I am 3 weeks post-op and I was sick of water, so i made some decaf tea w/lemon and splenda. I have had three glasses and I am not feeling to good. I am have abdominal and lower back pain. Could this be from the tea or is it normal to feel like this sometimes. Please help!!!

RNY 12-7-05
244/222/135

Sonia

#2 Leanne

Leanne

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

Tea is one of the things that I am able to get down and I am less than 2 weeks out. I cannot get water down, no matter how hard I try, it makes me feel sick.

Leanne
Lap RNY 12/16/05
247/222/150

#3 Mavisavis

Mavisavis

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:53 PM

I am 3 weeks post-op and I was sick of water, so i made some decaf tea w/lemon and splenda. I have had three glasses and I am not feeling to good. I am have abdominal and lower back pain. Could this be from the tea or is it normal to feel like this sometimes. Please help!!!

RNY 12-7-05
244/222/135

Sonia

We were allowed any kind of tea (not sugared) from day one. Maybe you just got a touch of something? Did you possibly drink too fast or too close to a meal?
Marty

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts--Winston Churchill

Lap RNY 9-7-05
Dr. Ben-Meir
Cleveland Center for Bariatric Surgery
235/135/135
pre/now/goal

#4 bamagirl

bamagirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Surgeon:Dr. Kaitan - not recommended
  • Hospital:Emory-Crawford Long, Atlanta,GA - not recommended
  • Height (ft-in):5-10
  • Start Weight:276
  • Current Weight:169
  • Goal Weight:160
  • Body Mass Index (BMI):24.2
  • Surgery Date:12/15/2005
  • Surgery Type:Gastric Bypass

Posted 27 December 2005 - 10:47 PM

RNY 12-7-05
244/222/135

Sonia

I think it must be something else that's going on. You're having tea that is completely fine to have even right after surgery, so I really don't think it's that.
I have had lots of abdominal and lower back pain without any known causes. Unfortunately, that's something that I've discovered with the surgery...there are so many unexplained sensations going on with my body. I hope to eventually figure them all out!

#5 melanie hirschorn

melanie hirschorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:53 AM

what's not okay is the lemon. remember you have been cut open and stapled up and you're healing inside. the lemon is acid. would you put acid on a cut. no. it would hurt. i remember having ice tea with lemon after surgery, also, and someone had mentioned that to me.
the tea is fine, but stay away from the lemon.
melanie

#6 Mavisavis

Mavisavis

TT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:16 AM

what's not okay is the lemon. remember you have been cut open and stapled up and you're healing inside. the lemon is acid. would you put acid on a cut. no. it would hurt. i remember having ice tea with lemon after surgery, also, and someone had mentioned that to me.
the tea is fine, but stay away from the lemon.
melanie

Well now, I never thought of that. I haven't like lemon since that crap we drank the day before surgery, so I never found out.
Marty

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts--Winston Churchill

Lap RNY 9-7-05
Dr. Ben-Meir
Cleveland Center for Bariatric Surgery
235/135/135
pre/now/goal