mistymee

Food Log Websites

39 posts in this topic

i use a notepad and pencil,  I also log my weight everyday and my blood sugar on the same tablet.   It's just me, I am so used to pen and paper.   and as for the weight part, I NEED to see that number everyday,  it helps me.  

Agree 100% on the scale.  Some people are discouraged to the point where they can't function if the scale isn't matching up to what they think.  Me?  If I don't get on the scale, that's when I'm going to binge.  It's like I'm deliberately turning my back on my weight loss.  I cannot forget about it, not even for a day, or I'll put everything in my mouth.

I log every day on My Fitness Pal, the night before, and I print it off and keep it in my pocket as a backup in case something goes wrong with my phone and I can't check it.  It's pretty neurotic and overboard, I know, but I need that 'safety blanket' so I know exactly what to do every day, where I stand, and what I should concentrate on.  Otherwise, again, I know myself--I'm gonna screw up.

I love LoseIt! Still trying to determine how many carbs and fats are acceptable but I've lost 50 lbs. Must be doing something right?

I have fitness pal, which I like but I cannot seem to find a place to keey fat and protein on there.  Is there a place?

I have fitness pal, which I like but I cannot seem to find a place to keey fat and protein on there.  Is there a place?

Key as in change the percentages of your daily intake?  Its under Home - Goals - Change Goals - Custom

tanyamoore97 likes this

Sorry, that was suppose to say keep up with fat and protein.

I just joined MFP too, love it!! Makes you think before putting it in your mouth. I don't want to log bad stuff. Lol

tanyamoore97 likes this

I'm a SPARKPEOPLE gal since about 2007/2008. They have a really nice app for smart phones/i-pads, and the choice is there to customize the food tracker for a specific diet (atkins, low carb, etc... or to a specific calorie range). Oh, and you can also track whether or not you took your supplements, got enough water, etc... I carry it everywhere. The only thing...if you use the "USER SHARED" food database, double check the values to make sure you don't make an oops because of someone else's entry error.

The tracker also tracks fitness and/or steps. Can't say enough about it, but it can turn into a full time job if you use all of the program/system.

Does anyone know of a tracker that has a bar code scanner app?

Hi Nestingdoll! I use the MyFitnessPal app for android and it has a barcode scanner to scan a food's barcode. I can't say that itis 100% accurate, but it is there.

I like myfitnesspal because I can sign in on my computer and it will bring up my entries from my app. I then print them for my recording of my 6 month weightloss attempt before surgery. I can also note my fasting blood sugars and insulin injections, as well as my excercising. One thing that does bother me, as that when you put in your excercises, it adds the calories burned to your available intake. For example, I have say 850 calories left for the day. When I enter my water aerobics and burn off 703 calories, it then adds it to what I have left to eat and then bring the calories left amount to 1553! I only start with 1800 per day, so then I feel like I am cheating! :-) So what I do is not add the excercising until the end of the day, simple enough!

this is great. now to find the time to try them all and chose! :)

I have a question! So I just started using myfitnesspal-- what values should my daily fat and carb intake be at? I honestly have no idea! Gonna ask the NUT when I can, but in the meantime.. any ideas?

I have been using myfitnesspal for a long time.  It is very helpful.  It also links to my fitbit

lilrosie likes this

I found caloriecount.about.com a couple of weeks ago. I use the actual website and the iphone app. I really like it! It's the first site I have stuck with.

I've been using caloriecount.about.com for a few years off and on.  I love that site!

If anyone wants to, feel free to add me on Myfitnesspal! My user name is tanyamoore97. My diary is shared so all my food choices can be seen by my friends...keeps me motivated to eat healthy! (I'm pre-pre-op. Lol First seminar is tomorrow.)

I love MFP!

I am on the MFP.  Originally I was on a weight loss challenge at work, so we set up a group.  That way, you can keep each other accountable.  I love that on MFP I can change my goals so far as protein, carbs, and fats.  I did that on my app, by the way.  It was great that, yesterday, I could show my nutritionist all of my diet info quickly.  I was able to show her a weeks worth.  We were able to analyze my positives and negatives quite easily.  I understand that certain "Fitbit"types will coordinate with it, but I haven't tried it.  I love MFP, but, honestly, haven't checked out the others.

P.S. My friend in NY is one of my "friends" on MFP.  It is a fun way to keep in touch and support each other!