• Announcements

• John

Community Guidelines   09/15/2015

A reminder that we have a general set of guidelines that are available at http://www.thinnertimesforum.com/guidelines/. If you have any questions or concerns, you may express them to me or a Community Leader directly. Thank you,
      John Callery
NewMeNow2010

Low-Fat Cheeseburger Pie

40 posts in this topic

My husband's favorite dish is the full fat version of Cheeseburger Pie..a bisquick classic! However, since I have had surgery, we only eat uber healthy meals. I was searching online and found this recipe post under gastric bypass recipes via Sparkpeople!

Low-Fat Cheeseburger Pie

Ingredients:

1lb extra lean ground turkey

1 cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese

1 Egg

1/2 Cup Chopped Onion

1 Clove Garlic (chopped)

3/4 Cup Kraft 2% Shredded Cheddar Cheese

2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce

1/4 cup water

3/4 cup of Heart Smart Bisquick (mix only)

4 Slices of Tomato

Directions

Preheat oven to 350

Brown Turkey Onion & Garlic in a pan

While turkey is browning mix Bisquick and water to form a dough. (add water gradually as needed for dough)Roll dough flat enough to cover a pie pan with rolling pin. (may have extra dough).

Place dough in pie pan

Mix Worcestershire Sauce in with turkey mixture

In a separate bowl, mix cottage cheese with egg

Pour turkey mixture into pie pan

Pour Cottage Cheese mixture over turkey

Top with Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Then place Tomato Slices on top and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 163.5

Total Fat: 4.5 g

Cholesterol: 57.9 mg

Sodium: 292.1 mg

Total Carbs: 10.2 g

Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g

Protein: 20.6 g

Thank you TURNBO2008 on Sparkpeople for posting it! My husband LOVED IT! Even moreso than the original! I added mushrooms to it instead of onions b/c I didn't have an onion and it was super good!

ovg3gyfb7p5 likes this

That sounds really good. I think I will give this a try tomorrow night. Thanks!

That sounds really good. I didn't realize there was a recipe section here in the forums, yeah!

MMMM.. I am going to start cooking again someday I swear.

There was a coupon for Worchester sauce this past Sunday for 1$ off one, and it only cost $1 anyway at the Dollar General.. so.. free.

Sounds delicious!

Sounds so yummy! Does anyone know a reasonable substitute for the Bisquik? I assume it's made of more than just flour? Would self-rising flour work?

You might look for some kind of whole grain/wheat biscuit or bread dough mix. Bisquick is like a complete biscuit mix that you just add water to and bake. I plan to do that when I decide to make this, it sounds like something my husband would love.

I used the HeartSmart Bisquick, less fat/calories/carbs, etc. You can also use low-fat already made crescent roll dough..just roll it out and put it in. Anything that would make a thin, low-fat healthy pie type crust would work. The crust is incredibly thin, I mainly ate the other incredients and left most of the crust. Definitely delicious btw!

At the Real store here today I saw a ready to bake whole grain pita type of dough. I thought that might work pretty well with this recipe. I cannot for the life of me remember the name brand, but it was with the refrigerated doughs/pastas.

I didn't buy it since this is our broke week, we get paid on the1st and 15th of the month.

At the Real store here today I saw a ready to bake whole grain pita type of dough. I thought that might work pretty well with this recipe. I cannot for the life of me remember the name brand, but it was with the refrigerated doughs/pastas.

I didn't buy it since this is our broke week, we get paid on the1st and 15th of the month.

That sounds like it definitely would work and would be delicious. If you end up buying it ever to make it, let us know how it tasted :)

This sounds like a good family friendly recipe too. I'll make 2 pies and a salad and everyone will be happy to eat something I can eat. Yay! I'll just skip the biscuit dough on my slice for now.

That sounds yummy!

How does your hubby feel about the change in food? Mine says he is totally supportive, but I don't think he actually wants to change the way he eats. (Hope that makes sense. lol)

That's a very good idea, I can't find any kind of baking mix (so far), but there are lots of various spelt and whole-wheat pre-made doughs I could use.

I am going to have to try this it sounds yummy!!!

I have been wanting a cheeseburger so bad lately and this sounds like it'll satisfy that craving! lol

That's a very good idea, I can't find any kind of baking mix (so far), but there are lots of various spelt and whole-wheat pre-made doughs I could use.

What is spelt flour? I seen this on Eggfaces website also.

What is spelt flour? I seen this on Eggfaces website also.

It's flour made from spelt, a grain that is related to wheat.

Thx. I'm going to try this recipe!! Yumm

I made this today, but it was more like a shepherd's pie, I used mashed cauliflower as the base then topped with the ground turkey and goodies. It was fabulous and my hubby LOVED it.

I made this last night and did two separate ones, one with crust for the family and one without for me. It was very, very, very good. I will defiantly make it again.

I made this today - not a hit at my house. Very bland and I put in more 2x the garlic!

I always make sure I season the meat, the cottage cheese added, the crust and anything else I add (I like to add onions and mushrooms) before putting the cheese on. That helped it taste delicious for us-- sorry it was so bland for you guys!

Thanks ...I printed it off going try out when ever i can eat again.

Made this last night and am eating a leftover slice of it now! Instant portion control, gotta love it. SO delicious! This time I sprinkled 1/4 of a Buttermilk Ranch seasoning packet onto the 99% fat free Jenny-O ground turkey I used. Yum!!!